Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois had to see Clark superspeed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was just poorly directed or peiced together. It didn't go as smoothly as we would have hoped, but I think the point was that it wasn't supposed to be superspeeding. He stepped in front of the bullet for lois without his powers and got hurt.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by galatians221
    Here's the other thingy; if the bullet is still in Clark when he gets away from the kryptonite, how does he get the bullet out? If the bullet went through him it would have passed into Lois. As I've said, this was a poorly planned scene.
    Haha! I totally thought of that too! Maybe he dug it out of himself before he healed.idk. Leave offscreenville to each one's imagination.
    Last edited by lrog127; 04-28-2009, 09:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by lrog127
      It was just poorly directed or peiced together. It didn't go as smoothly as we would have hoped, but I think the point was that it wasn't supposed to be superspeeding. He stepped in front of the bullet for lois without his powers and got hurt.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Haha! I totally thought of that too! Maybe he dug it out of himself before he healed.idk. Leave offscreenville to each one's imagination.
      Maybe that's my problem. I don't imagine in the way that the writers want me to. I imagine that Clark has a bullet lodged in him. I'll get over it.

Comment

Yeah it wasn't superspeed. Watching it one might presume so because of when the bullet was fired and when Clark jumped. as others said it was poorly planned and one does raise question if the writers of this series are getting more sloppy in case of the bullet itself. No they just decide to make him look wounded and the next day there's no talking about his health, he just shows that the wound is closed again, never mind asking where that bullet went...

Comment

Originally posted by Davis Bloome
          Yeah it wasn't superspeed. Watching it one might presume so because of when the bullet was fired and when Clark jumped. as others said it was poorly planned and one does raise question if the writers of this series are getting more sloppy in case of the bullet itself. No they just decide to make him look wounded and the next day there's no talking about his health, he just shows that the wound is closed again, never mind asking where that bullet went...
          I loved the playful smile on Clark's (Tom's) face when he acted as if his side hurt. Welling is becoming a very good actor and I enjoyed that immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by Viper2369
            Is this discussion really taking place? He couldn't superspeed because of the Kryptonite, the whole reason Lois had to come to the rescue.
            If a normal human's speed and reflexes are good enough for him to leap into the path of a bullet, then I'd love to hear how come Lois's normal human speed was not good enough for her to simply dodge out of the path of a bullet. Moreover, she should be thinking the same thing and realizing that since her reflexes weren't good enough to dodge, but Clark's were good enough to make the leap, his speed is therefore demonstrably superhuman. Regardless of whether she actually saw him superspeeding, regardless of whether they used the special visual effect in the episode, and regardless of the kryptonite.

Comment

I thought the scene was an awesome scene and didn't even notice these issues until they were pointed out here. The reason for that being is I have seen Clark jump in front of speeding bullets so many times that I didn't even give it a second thought, and that could possibly be the same for whoever mixes the sound. He is so used to mixing the sound of the gunshot BEFORE Clark goes into his slow motion superspeed that he probably just assumed it was the same old same old he usually does and added the sound where he normally does. In reality, despite the Kryptonite I like to believe that Clark still managed to propel himself with super strength and/or superspeed because of adrenaline. Humans can do extraordinary feats due to adrenaline, why wouldn't a kryptonian be any different if not more extraordinary with his own adrenaline. Another thing to note, rooms on TV tend to look larger than they actually are with the way it is edited, so even if he used some superspeed or superstrength in reality he might have been closer to Lois than we might think.

It's all plausible but I still like the scene overall. I have seen plenty of shows/movies where people dive in front of a speeding bullet to sheild a person without any super abilities whatsoever, I think this is just another case of that, or he did use some power despite his handicap due to adrenaline. Regardless I doubt Lois was thinking about this at the time, more like damnit clark why'd you have to be a hero I don't want anybody dying for me. That is how I see it and why I enjoyed the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by dsv100
                If a normal human's speed and reflexes are good enough for him to leap into the path of a bullet, then I'd love to hear how come Lois's normal human speed was not good enough for her to simply dodge out of the path of a bullet. Moreover, she should be thinking the same thing and realizing that since her reflexes weren't good enough to dodge, but Clark's were good enough to make the leap, his speed is therefore demonstrably superhuman. Regardless of whether she actually saw him superspeeding, regardless of whether they used the special visual effect in the episode, and regardless of the kryptonite.
                Well put!!

Comment

I think the hospital had to take the bullet out because there's no way he could've shrugged off a bullet wound as Clark Kent without questions being asked by Lois and Jimmy. Which would mean he would need kryptonite or something that would allow his skin to be broken at the hospital to remove the bullet. Maybe he stuffed one of those kryptonite dollars in his pocket. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Superman of Krypton
                    And how could he get up and jump in front of a bullet already fired and in midair... without powers?

people without superpowers arent faster than a speeding bullet..

I mean this isn't the first time Smallville's done stupid stuff like this, but seriously..
                    Well green k in Smallville doesn't take away his powers but does make him vulnerable and hurts him. So he could I guess will himself to ignore the effects of the green k to make the leap, but it would have to be a super leap that a normal human couldn't do. After watching that scene, I'm convinced that he did make a superhumanly fast leap. There's no way he could've stopped the bullet if he didn't outlast the effects of kyptonite and use his powers to leap faster than the bullet. The scene was in bullet time so it has to be the case.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎