No announcement yet.

Lois had to see Clark superspeed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xrayvision
    I think the scene was shot somewhat poorly. They should have delayed the gunshot by a few seconds. Because if Clark is in normal mode (which is what the scene is supposed to imply), we shouldn't hear the gunshot before Clark dives to take the bullet. The bullet's speed is much faster than its sound and would have hit Lois by the time you heard the bang of the gun. I think the director messed up that scene.
    To be fair, it's usually the producer's who do the final audio mix of episodes and the directors are not involved with that in television. All the FX like gunshots, sirens, etc are dropped in at the final mix, in order to make sure all the sound levels are at the network's specs. In all likelihood, Kevin Fair never even picked that out and it was the SFX editor who placed the shot. The producers didn't catch that, and ultimately they have the final say on the mix.

Comment

He didn't superspeed they slowed the scene down

Comment

Originally posted by dreamscometrue
        He didn't superspeed they slowed the scene down
        It was just poor sequencing. The timing was off. Just like calling Shelby a girl. Someone was asleep at the wheel.

Comment

hahahaha funny but so totally right.

Comment

The answer is that it's television.

But impressive for them to be pulling out bullet-time special effects. they've really gone all out on the effects budget this season.

Did anyone else think that initially when the bullet scene slowed down that it looked like Clark has dived too late and the bullet was headed for Lois? Then it looked like it was actually gonna be a headshot on Clark and then finally it happened.

Comment

I'm feel sure that the scene is Clark moving at normal speed jumping in front of the bullet in order to try and save Lois' life. They do slow-mo the shot but I don't think that was trying to infer that Clark was using superspeed. When I watched the scene I did think they had Clark move awful fast or that bullet moved pretty slow but it is a TV show based on a comic book so I didn't think too much of it. I do admit that the sequence is a little confusing the way it was shot but no big deal IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by badraven
                I'm feel sure that the scene is Clark moving at normal speed jumping in front of the bullet in order to try and save Lois' life. They do slow-mo the shot but I don't think that was trying to infer that Clark was using superspeed. When I watched the scene I did think they had Clark move awful fast or that bullet moved pretty slow but it is a TV show based on a comic book so I didn't think too much of it. I do admit that the sequence is a little confusing the way it was shot but no big deal IMO.
                The whole thing seemed poorly done. Lois' mid air kick driving the guy flying into a wall and the bullet thingy and then I struggle with Jimmy going up to a mobster with a gun pointed at Lois and just grabbing the gun and wrestling it away from the guy. They can do a lot better than all of that. It was pretty lame imho.

Comment

Another poorly executed scene that asks you to suspend belief in all physical laws yet again!

Comment

I just re-watched the ep, and I can't believe Clark was moving at normal speed (and we're just seeing a slow-mo version of it). The bullet is fired as Clark makes his move, only someone "faster than a speeding bullet" could have come close to stopping it from hitting Lois. He may not have been at Warp 9, but he was givin' it all he's got, Cap'n.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Jor-El
                      I just re-watched the ep, and I can't believe Clark was moving at normal speed (and we're just seeing a slow-mo version of it). The bullet is fired as Clark makes his move, only someone "faster than a speeding bullet" could have come close to stopping it from hitting Lois. He may not have been at Warp 9, but he was givin' it all he's got, Cap'n.
                      Thank you very much. That was my original point and it seemed that no one saw it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by zHeN_zHeN
                        He didn't superspeed, not with all the kryptonite surrounding him, he simply jumped in front of the bullet.
                        And how could he get up and jump in front of a bullet already fired and in midair... without powers?

people without superpowers arent faster than a speeding bullet..

I mean this isn't the first time Smallville's done stupid stuff like this, but seriously..

Comment

Usually Clark can't even crawl out of a room that a piece of K in it.

Comment

The power of love.
                            We've seen Clark push himself while under the influence of kryptonite before... though he's still in some serious pain until he finally gets away from it.

Comment

He wasn't superspeeding!!!!!!!! I love this part!

Comment

Originally posted by Iluvgreen
                                He wasn't superspeeding!!!!!!!! I love this part!
                                Here's the other thingy; if the bullet is still in Clark when he gets away from the kryptonite, how does he get the bullet out? If the bullet went through him it would have passed into Lois. As I've said, this was a poorly planned scene.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎