No announcement yet.

Lois had to see Clark superspeed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lois had to see Clark superspeed

Clark didn't run until after the bullet was fired. Lois was looking right at him. What's up with that? They slowed the bullet down to let us know that he was superspeeding and Lois is looking right at him. This doesn't seem to be too well thought out imho.

I think the scene just was slow mode!!
    when Clark jump i Didnt see the blury effect
    they gave him when he super speed =0

Comment

Originally posted by LoisLaneJournalist
      I think the scene just was slow mode!!
      when Clark jump i Didnt see the blury effect
      they gave him when he super speed =0
      I watched it again and Clark is lying on the floor when the gun is shot. I mean he's faster than a speeding bullet but he's not supposed to show it in front of Lois. At least not yet.

Comment

I watched it again and Clark is lying on the floor when the gun is shot. I mean he's faster than a speeding bullet but he's not supposed to show it in front of Lois. At least not yet.
        Well i dont think he superSpeed!! :S
        and if he did i dont think Lois see that!! or put attencion to it
        I Mean she was just worried for Clark if he was fiNe

Comment

When Clark looked at Bruno, Bruno was in profile. Bruno fires the gun straight ahead and Clark is off to the side and jumped from Lois' left side across her to the right side. So she would not have seen him directly in front of her because he was not in her direct line of sight.

Heck, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Besides, after seeing someone jump in front of you and take a bullet for you that would have hit you in the heart or chest, I think the last thing on your mind would be how they managed to get there in front of you but rather on the fact that someone was willing to die in order to save you.

Lois was overwhelmed with emotion and was crying over Clark, there's no way she was going to conduct a Spanish Inquisition over how he got in front of that bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by drvr8
            When Clark looked at Bruno, Bruno was in profile. Bruno fires the gun straight ahead and Clark is off to the side and jumped from Lois' left side across her to the right side. So she would not have seen him directly in front of her because he was not in her direct line of sight.

Heck, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Besides, after seeing someone jump in front of you and take a bullet for you that would have hit you in the heart or chest, I think the last thing on your mind would be how they managed to get there in front of you but rather on the fact that someone was willing to die in order to save you.

Lois was overwhelmed with emotion and was crying over Clark, there's no way she was going to conduct a Spanish Inquisition over how he got in front of that bullet.
            Give the writers the comfy chair.

Comment

Originally posted by galatians221
              Clark didn't run until after the bullet was fired. Lois was looking right at him. What's up with that? They slowed the bullet down to let us know that he was superspeeding and Lois is looking right at him. This doesn't seem to be too well thought out imho.

Is this discussion really taking place? He couldn't superspeed because of the Kryptonite, the whole reason Lois had to come to the rescue.

Comment

Originally posted by Viper2369
                Is this discussion really taking place? He couldn't superspeed because of the Kryptonite, the whole reason Lois had to come to the rescue.
                Please watch it again; when the gun is fired, Clark is not near Lois. No human could have intercepted a bullet that had been fired from across the room if he wasn't in place already. The producers had the bullet fired to soon if they didn't want to show CK superspeeding.

Comment

Clark noticed that Bruno had pointed the gun and was ABOUT to shoot which is when he starts to get up. I just watched it again and its clear that by the time the gun is fired Clark was already on his feet and moving towards Lois. The only thing that was off was the leap...it was a big one.

Play by play:

Bruno raises the gun and says Stilletto has no idea what she stepped into

Clark realizes he's about to fire the gun and starts to get up. Lois!

The gun is shot as Clark is moving towards Lois, and when it goes off thats when he takes his giant leap.

So yea, the leap was big, but he was already on his way to her before the gun fired. I dont believe he supersped unless of course its impossible for a powerless someone to leap in front of another person before the bullet hits... but then what do we make of the secret service or bodyguards?
                  Last edited by Mrs. Superman; 04-24-2009, 10:18 PM.

Comment

I think the scene was shot somewhat poorly. They should have delayed the gunshot by a few seconds. Because if Clark is in normal mode (which is what the scene is supposed to imply), we shouldn't hear the gunshot before Clark dives to take the bullet. The bullet's speed is much faster than its sound and would have hit Lois by the time you heard the bang of the gun. I think the director messed up that scene.

Comment

Clark did NOT superspeed. It was slow motion. But I agree that the scene should have been filmed a bit more clearly as far as this went.

Comment

He didn't superspeed, not with all the kryptonite surrounding him, he simply jumped in front of the bullet.

Comment

it was just slow mode to make the moment more impressive and heroic. not superspeed

Comment

yea, he didn't SS and he couldn't, because of all the K. It was just slowed down like every other show in which someone jumps in front of a bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                              I think the scene was shot somewhat poorly. They should have delayed the gunshot by a few seconds. Because if Clark is in normal mode (which is what the scene is supposed to imply), we shouldn't hear the gunshot before Clark dives to take the bullet. The bullet's speed is much faster than its sound and would have hit Lois by the time you heard the bang of the gun. I think the director messed up that scene.
                              That's my point. What was shown is humanly impossible. If a person was standing in front of Lois and the bullet was going towards her head and he wasn't shielding her head he would not be able to react in time to catch the bullet or move his body even six inches to intecept the bullet. You're right, it was a poorly executed scene.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎