Collapse
No announcement yet.

The garbage bags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I went back and watched the scene and it's so glaringly obvious, it can't possibly be coincidental (how on earth did I not notice that the first time round). They did that on purpose imo.

Comment

I think you're right amalie. I think it's primary interpretation is that Chloe is throwing out her friendship with Clark. I also think it means that Clark will be having a similar fate to what AJ (or whatever the name of that guy who was played by the same guy as Lowell in Progeny was).

By the way, no problem BBBB.

Also, I have seen red garbage bags and blue ones too. I don't remember where but I definitely saw them somewhere before Stiletto.

Comment

Throwing away the friendship. Huh--that's pretty good. But EEEEEEEWWWW!!!!

I suppose the visual metaphor could have been worse though. Chloe could have tried dumping buckets of...stuff into a blue toilet while using a red plunger to flush it all away. Heh.

Oh Chloe, what have they done to you?
        Last edited by yomama; 04-25-2009, 11:38 AM.

Comment

I hope she's not having sex with him.

Those noises reminded me of the squishy noises heard in Static when that doctor was throwing those bags of de-spined corpses in Seattle.

Comment

Did not notice. Have to watch again.

Comment

It was obviously meant to symbolize something, other then being really gross that had to be the point of this scene. Red and Blue garbage bags... if it had just been one or the other you could say it was meaningless but two bags, one in each color, that's pretty heavy handed. I was kinda wondering why she had two different colored trash bags when I first watched but I think I was too grossed out by the squish squish, emo Chloe face, squish squish to really draw it in...

Comment

I just noticed after you mentioned it

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
                  It was obviously meant to symbolize something, other then being really gross that had to be the point of this scene. Red and Blue garbage bags... if it had just been one or the other you could say it was meaningless but two bags, one in each color, that's pretty heavy handed. I was kinda wondering why she had two different colored trash bags when I first watched but I think I was too grossed out by the squish squish, emo Chloe face, squish squish to really draw it in...
                  They like using that sound effect. It's the same one heard in Static when those bags of de-spined corpses were being analyzed by the doctor Clark met in Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by amalie
                    Even though I didn't notice it personally (as I posted earlier), I have seen other people bringing it up in discussions. It's been suggested that it's symbolic of her friendship with Clark being thrown away.

Does anyone have any screencaps? I'm curious to see how obvious it is before I make a decision on if it has a deeper meaning or not.
                    Whoa. 'Friendship with Clark being thrown away'.

That's something to think about. Yet another depressing thought piled on the 'WTH are you doing, Chloe!' train.

Comment

I didn't notice this but they're overdoing it with the red/blue symbolism. It's not as effective if it's all over the place.

Not sure about the scene symbolizing Clark's death but the "friendship with Clark being thrown in the garbage" is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by amalie
                        Even though I didn't notice it personally (as I posted earlier), I have seen other people bringing it up in discussions. It's been suggested that it's symbolic of her friendship with Clark being thrown away.
                        OMG! I didn't notice until you guys mentioned it!

No, Chloe! No!

Comment

Not only were the two garbage bags Chloe had red and blue, but put that scene/usage of red and blue up against Lois' note from the RBB, which was on red and blue paper. To me, the symbolism = Chloe-- a tossing away...a betrayal if you will; Lois--loyalty and trust.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                            I think you're right amalie. I think it's primary interpretation is that Chloe is throwing out her friendship with Clark. I also think it means that Clark will be having a similar fate to what AJ (or whatever the name of that guy who was played by the same guy as Lowell in Progeny was).

By the way, no problem BBBB.

Also, I have seen red garbage bags and blue ones too. I don't remember where but I definitely saw them somewhere before Stiletto.
                            Hopefully a secondary interpretation is that the RBB will permanently bite the dust and Superman will finally emerge. It will probably happen in my dreams of course but a fan can hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
                              Hopefully a secondary interpretation is that the RBB will permanently bite the dust and Superman will finally emerge. It will probably happen in my dreams of course but a fan can hope.
                              I share your dreams Exedore. Nothing wrong with a little hope.
                              Last edited by EternalTwilight; 04-26-2009, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zHeN_zHeN
                                OMG! I didn't notice until you guys mentioned it!

No, Chloe! No!

Thanks for the images Jade

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎