No announcement yet.

Hunger Games (Book Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
    I'm glad that I ended up reading all three at once, Mica, 'cause yeah, I would have had a REALLY hard time waiting on on any of the sequels with as much as I enjoyed the original. Welcome to the thread -- so glad to know that one of my mafia friends is a fellow fan of The Hunger Games!!!
    Thanks~ Yeah, it was hard to wait. And then the ending was soooooo sad!

I think my favorite characters are probably Katniss and Peeta... lol, probably like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Firesong
      Thanks~ Yeah, it was hard to wait. And then the ending was soooooo sad!

I think my favorite characters are probably Katniss and Peeta... lol, probably like everyone else.
      Yeah, I imagine that they rank toward the top of most Hunger Games' fans favorite characters list. The first two books ended on such cliffhangers, didn't they (the second book more so than the first)?! I'm glad that Mockingjay at least gave us some semblance of closure.

Comment

Yeah, I imagine that they rank toward the top of most Hunger Games' fans favorite characters list. The first two books ended on such cliffhangers, didn't they (the second book more so than the first)?! I'm glad that Mockingjay at least gave us some semblance of closure.
        Yeah, definitely! At least with the first book, the general storyline of the book was sort of wrapped up. With the second one, they left us right in the middle of the most important part!

While Mockingjay at least ended things pretty definitively, I have to say it wasn't at all what I expected, and it was a lot sadder than I thought...

Comment

Yeah, definitely! At least with the first book, the general storyline of the book was sort of wrapped up. With the second one, they left us right in the middle of the most important part!

While Mockingjay at least ended things pretty definitively, I have to say it wasn't at all what I expected, and it was a lot sadder than I thought...
          I agree with you there, Mica. I have to say that of all three of the books in the trilogy, Mockingjay was probably my least favorite. Without giving away any spoilers for those who read the thread but haven't finished the series yet, I really liked the epilogue, but several things that happened before it came out of nowhere for me, and yes, were far darker and sadder than I may have liked. Still, I have to place The Hunger Games as one of my favorite, and one of the most powerful, series I have ever read.

Comment

I agree with you there, Mica. I have to say that of all three of the books in the trilogy, Mockingjay was probably my least favorite. Without giving away any spoilers for those who read the thread but haven't finished the series yet, I really liked the epilogue, but several things that happened before it came out of nowhere for me, and yes, were far darker and sadder than I may have liked. Still, I have to place The Hunger Games as one of my favorite, and one of the most powerful, series I have ever read.
            It really is an amazing series~

I wonder who they'll cast for some of the characters who appear later? Like the Quarter Quell tributes?

Comment

It really is an amazing series~

I wonder who they'll cast for some of the characters who appear later? Like the Quarter Quell tributes?
              I've wondered the same thing, too -- it'll be very intriguing to see who they choose to case for characters like Finnick, Johanna, Wiress, and Beetee.

Comment

YAY Hunger Games talk It took quite a while to get this thread going

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Queen_Girl
                Oh man, only now I found you here guys, well, thats wht happened when you only focus in post in SV forum area, lol.

I love The Hunger Games triology, I read them 2 years ago. But since last year with the movie and trailer, I just can't wait, I read again and again. Many characters are in my heart, but I think beyond them there are Peeta and Finnick ( <3). I really heart them. Honestly I got sooo happy when I got knowing that Josh Hutcherson would be Peeta. As a fan of Josh's work since the beginning of his carrear so I really got happy, I know he's that good, I'm sure he will be the perfect Peeta!

In terms of cast, the movie will be great too. (I'm just worried with whom they can get for Finnick, of course I have perfectly in my mind who should be, but its hard to be, so... it better they do good)
                Yeah I loved Finnick and Annie's story <33 [SPOILER]Except for how it ended of course :'( [/SPOILER]I don't even know who was cast out of the main 3, Cinna and Haymitch.
                Last edited by LuthorKent90; 01-22-2012, 05:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Finnick and Annie were great. It made everything that happened even sadder...

Comment

There's a new trailer out. So psyched

Comment

Yes! The new trailer is awesome~

Comment

HEY! Welcome, Silvia! I was starting to think that posting in here was like posting in a ghost-town. You hopped onto the bandwagon for The Hunger Games LONG before I ever made the attempt to read them (I managed to conquer the entire series within the past month or two). Like you, I'm waiting on pins and needles for the movie to arrive in theaters, and I have no doubt that it will be absolutely AMAZING, especially with Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss (she was AWESOME as Mystique in X-Men: First Class) and Josh Hutcherson, who I agree will make a fantastic Peeta. Katniss and Peeta are definitely my two favorite characters of the series, and they comprise my favorite ship in it as well! Who are you hoping will get to play the role of Finnick, out of curiosity?
                        Hii, sorry for reply that late, no time to come here lately.
                        Oooh you know me.... SO you def know who I think its perfect for Finnick.

I wouldnt mind play Annie, they can call me anytime of the day As much Johanna is a kind of awesome character too *and as much the amount of nudy would be a hard thing to do, I honestly think be naked side by side with Josh Hutcherson wouldn't hurt that much at all *

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
                        YAY Hunger Games talk It took quite a while to get this thread going

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Yeah I loved Finnick and Annie's story <33 [SPOILER]Except for how it ended of course :'( [/SPOILER]I don't even know who was cast out of the main 3, Cinna and Haymitch.
                        I KNOW! Their story is sooo beautiful, makes me wish Suzanne could tells us more about that District 4 T________T Their story is epic.

And can I be honest? As much Katniss & Peeta got known as the THG star crossed lovers, in the end teh real star cross lovers couple THG champions are Finnick and Annie.

Yeah, both couples and characters are my faves. *as much I really really like Gale too, too bad many readers seems dispise him, I honestly think he was an amazing character and got a just terrible terrible end.

As Jeff and Mica said Mockyingjay ended up kind pretty abruptly. I think Collins could have developed more the story before just in like one cap finish everything and make Katniss makes choices out of sudden, hopefully with the movies maybe they can fix somethings, idk...

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎