Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do so many people dislike season 6?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do so many people dislike season 6?

Okay I understand that season 7 was lame a bit but why on Earth people on this forum dislike season 6? Lexana? Well it had to have something weak in it. The way I see it s6 was very well done with the two major arcs The Zoners and 33.1 developing beutifully through the season clashing in the awesome Phantom finale. And it had several weak episodes like every other season like Wither, Subterannean, Tresspass, Freak and Noir but everything else but that was WONDERFUL.Post your thoughts.

Clexana took too much out of it IMO. All seasons have something weak but they don't put it as much in our face as they did that triangle. It didn't make Clark come off too well either. The 33.1 and Zoners arcs were great but they were subplots.

Comment

I actually like both "Freak" and "Noir" from Season 6; the latter's definitely in my personal "Top Ten" favorite episodes of the entire series.

On the whole, the Lexana story did make me feel rather sick as a fan, just because of the implications surrounding the whole thing. The "honeymoon flashback" in Season 7's "Fracture" only made that aspect even worse, in my opinion (a similar moment's also one reason why I avoid "Wither" as well). I did like the fact that Lana finally stood up to Lex, and her kiss with Clark in "Phantom" would've been perfect...if they hadn't had her keep the blasted wedding ring!

Comment

Personally I love a lot of season 6. More than I love of season 5 tbh. Lexana was weird, but lead to me actually feeling respect and sympathy for Lana.

I think a lot of people had a problem with Oliver making Clark look a little pathetic.

Comment

I liked the Oliver/Justice League part of Season 6 very much.

Comment

I really liked Season 6
            Although there were a few poor episodes, there were some of my personal favourites including Zod, Justice, Promise, Phantom, and a bunch more.

Comment

lexana was just sick. I puked just watching it. most of season 6 was fabulous. i really enjoyed noir; it was one of my favorite episodes of season 6.

Comment

Season 6 was awesome in that it eliminated FoW formula and fillers for the most part.

I enjoyed S7 with the twist endings they attempted, but S7 started off slowly/poorly through episode 7. Also, the finale sucked.

Comment

I also like seaon 6; loved the way Oliver came in and held his own with Lionel & Lex.

Comment

It's been a long time since I watched season six but to be honest, there really isn't a season of Smallville that I was disappointed in. There were some dumb story arcs throughout the series but the special effects, acting, characters and sense of exploration more then made up for that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                      Clexana took too much out of it IMO.
                      Yeah, it took way too much out of it. A lot more of the season's plotline could have been used on Clark's battle with the Phantom Zoners or, say, his character development.

It didn't make Clark come off too well either.
                      Agreed. Since when does Superman chase and plead over a married woman, eh? I was a little ashamed of Clark here because earlier in the season, he said he'd finally stop running from who he was and accept his destiny. Instead, he was running after Lana again. Oh well, at least things have improved since then. The Justice and Oliver Queen episodes were all great.

Comment

I actualy decided to join K-Site durring season 6 after lurking for a while. I found this site sometime in season 5.

I remeber at the time all the "Green Arrowville" comments going around. I got into tons of debates about screen time that season. Many would have put their left legs up in a wager that Oliver got more screen time than Clark. Obviously not true BTW.

Other than the Lexana which I wasn't happy about, as it did make Clark look like an idiot, I realy like season 6. In fact I think I may pop it in the old DVD player tonight and watch a few epis. My nephew asks to watch Justice every time he comes to visit.

Comment

season six focused way too much on lex and oliver hardly enough on clark thats why im not a huge fan of this season.

Comment

I loved season 6!
                            And I thought Freak was awesome.

Comment

The writing for Clark was awful in many episodes. Especially since the showrunners thought it was a good idea to pimp Oliver at Clark's expense, their heads full of hope for a JL spin-off. Justice is the most overrated episode of the series imo. Promise and the second half of Crimson are my all-time low in terms of Clark-writing. Clexana was awful and made Clark look obsessive.
                              Lexana, I had no problem with. I thought they deserved each other. I would have liked to see Lana playing Queen Luthor more than that.
                              It's also the first season that Clark was sometimes relegated to the B plot, like Static or being a guest star on his own show like Rage.
                              I liked the phantoms arc, Hydro, Labyrinth, Nemesis, Noir (the b&w part) and Phantom.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎