No announcement yet.

Why do so many people dislike season 6?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supsfan
    When something occupies a huge part of the screen time, then it becomes a nuisance.
    good point.

~K

Comment

Lexana. ew.
      As a Lex fan, I was insulted. And as a Clex fan.
      It basically came down to Lex and Clark becoming enemies over a woman. PAHLEASE.
      And Lana having control over both of them.
      Last edited by LuthorKent90; 04-17-2009, 06:36 PM.

Comment

I thought season 6 was awesome, especially from Hydro onwards.

And I'm currently rewatching S7 and quite enjoying it. Maybe I have judged it a little harshly previously. I didn't hate it by any means but felt it was a little disappointing after the stellar second half of S6.

Comment

Originally posted by skully
          I thought season 6 was awesome, especially from Hydro onwards.
          In terms of the Clexana triangle, I found the first half ok(mainly because it focused more on Lex and Lana with limited Clark). It was the second half after Trespass that Clark got way to involved and made both guys look like idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
            In terms of the Clexana triangle, I found the first half ok(mainly because it focused more on Lex and Lana with limited Clark). It was the second half after Trespass that Clark got way to involved and made both guys look like idiots
            im confused you actually enjoyed the parts with lexana over clark?

Comment

I'm also not a fan of S6, some of the reasons...

- Clexana, a triangle that made every character in it look bad
              - GreenArrowVille. If I wanted a show about the Green Arrow, I wouldn't be watching a young Superman show
              - Chloe's a meteor freak. Still hate that development.
              - Clark pursues the zoners...as mostly a B plot. Great idea for a season, more often then not pushed to the background for less important stuff.
              - Justice. Lets bring on the JLA, and lets make Clark look useless. Yay, only Not.
              - Raya is killed off in 2 episodes, when she could've had an interesting arc
              - Lana gets another stalker episode
              - Static. Just all of it.
              - The complete and total waste of Martha Kent's last season on the show.

Comment

I love S6

The Clexana was fine for me, didn't have a problem with it. Loved the fact that Lana found out about Clark's secret, Lionel blackmailing her into marriage with Lex, The wraiths, 33.1. Lois being a reporter, the Justice episode, Noir & seeing Clark wearing those iconic glasses.

Sad that Martha/AOT left the series I cry everytime I watch her final scene with Clark/Tom. I've no doubt in my mind that when she says " I love you"- it's actually to Tom...

There are some episodes I don't like very much, and those are episodes that focuses to much on Oliver. His best episode is Arrow.
                Last edited by Clark/Lois-fan; 10-29-2009, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Everyone, at least those "mad" about the topic, says they hate how Oliver "made Clark look stupid" in several occurrences.1. Clark(whome I love and respect) makes himself look very very.......very stupid, Oliver just points out what we are all thinking whilst we witness his ridiculousness lol 2. As I've noticed in tha few seasons he's been with the show now it brings back sanity to my head when he does so(that way I kno at least whoever writes Olivers lines knows Clark needs ta stop acting that way) but otherwise I LOVE Smallville and every season they have to offer, whether they are all the best episodes or not i like what they have to teach, if your open minded enough to take the good leave the bad and LEARN something

Comment

Originally posted by Night_Hawk90
                    im confused you actually enjoyed the parts with lexana over clark?
                    Delayed response, but I found Lexana bearable when Clark was not involved in the plot, once we see mopey Clark how his life sucks without Lana it got bad. It wasn't even just mopey Clark that made the storyline bad, it was indecisive and/or "doing it to protect Clark" Lana and lost his manhood Lex that was tough to watch.
                    Last edited by Supsfan; 09-19-2010, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyville
                      Okay I understand that season 7 was lame a bit but why on Earth people on this forum dislike season 6? Lexana? Well it had to have something weak in it. The way I see it s6 was very well done with the two major arcs The Zoners and 33.1 developing beutifully through the season clashing in the awesome Phantom finale. And it had several weak episodes like every other season like Wither, Subterannean, Tresspass, Freak and Noir but everything else but that was WONDERFUL.Post your thoughts.
                      Lexana was fine, Clexana on the other hand... gahhh.

Clark Kent chasing after a married pregnant woman was just gahhh!

And there was Promise...

and the fake baby plot...

However as a whole I thought season 6 had some real potential, sure the final was like a jack-in-the-box, Clark spent too much time moping and said really dumb stuff but there was a lot of fun to be had and it seemed like Clark was taking some real personal growth steps... until he stopped... but no season 6 rates a C, Season 7 gets an F, and season 8 got a D... Nine got an A- though!

Comment

I dunno I just think it had very few good episodes - I can't even remember half of them at the moment and the only episode I do remember and enjoyed was Crimson. Lexana was too much too and yuck what a couple. The finale wasn't too bad either though

Comment

My only complaint about season 6 is the Lexana. I'm not hard core shipper but I felt like it was a total wast of KK's time and effort. It's no wonder she was determined to have Lana on top of things her short run during season 8. (Which I for one enjoyed just fine) And It led Clark to places with Clana I never thought I'd see Superman go.

Other than that, season 6 was fantastic.

Comment

Why I dislike season 6

Too much Clexana, not enough Clark

It's called Smallville for a reason people. The main focal point of this show is about Clark's life as Clark Kent, it's about clark's growth into becoming the soon to be superman at least it should be, this is a pre superman show not Superman (that's way, way into the future, we're not there yet) not this Clexana triangle and its theatrics that comes with it, at least it shouldn't be. This Show takes place from Clark's perspective not from Lex's perspective, not from Lana's perspective, not from Chloe's perspective. It's from Clark's perspective.

Too much desperate Lex not enough evil Lex

Lionel can see right through Lex and he can see that Lex is using Lana's love for Clark against Clark and is disgusted with him and very disappointed in him. At Lex's wedding in the episode promise, Lionel had this look in his eye when he was looking at Lex at the alter about to get married to Lana, he looked as if he was saying to Lex through his eyes " I know I have failed you as a father, I know haven't been a father to you, the father that you always wanted me to be that I should've been to you and never was, but you have failed me as a son, I was mean to you sometimes but I still loved you, you are my son, I want to say that I love you but you don't believe my love for you is real. You're the reason why I am the way I am with you How can you do this Clark? he was your best friend and you took him for granted and now you're trying to take everything away from him. Clark will always be the better son than you and always will be because you don't know how to be the better son and I regret the fact that I'm the reason why because I didn't give you what you always wanted which is love. I'm the reason why you turned out this way and I am sorry for being abusive, manipulative, deceptive, controlling, cruel and unkind to you all these years. And I am trying to make up for it just with Clark and not with you when it should be you and not Clark. But you're the reason why I chose Clark over you.

I know I let you down and I know I betrayed you with Clark by being more of a father to him than you, but you had it coming because you won't change your self destructive ways. You have always blamed Clark and me for your failings and of sabotage, but you don't blame yourself and you are irresponsible, reckless and careless and won't take responsibility for your own actions." Lex is so caught up in his obsession over Clark's secret identity, his resentment for Clark's distrust in him and constant lying to him and his jealousy of him and his life that he wishes he had, but never got that he is not seeing what he is doing to Lana is abuse. And abuse is never ok to get what you want. In a very sick and twisted way Lex has finally found his true love in Lana. Lionel hit the nail on the head Lana definitely made Lex out to be a very desperate puppy dog. What Lex doesn't realize is that Lionel is using Lana against him because Lionel knows that Lana doesn't love him the way she loves Clark talk about what goes around comes around, what Lex used to do to Clark Lionel is doing to Lex.

Lex always underestimates Lionel's ability to read people very easily. Lana is not over Clark and she is in turmoil because she discovered part (but not all) of Clark's secret before the wedding ever took place and is hurting and Lex is oblivious to her feelings. Lionel is blackmailing Lana into helping him protect Clark from Lex because he knows Lex is a danger to Clark, and he needs Lana to get close to Lex in order to protect Clark. I feel that Lionel is straddling the fence between good and evil in this season because both his intentions and motives are a bit ambiguous and vague that you don't know what they are exactly and is very confusing to make out it's like trying to figure out jigsaw puzzle.

Too much inconsistency and plot holes of the characters and relationships

Too many entanglements of too many things going on all at once with all the characters and relationships and none of it is fully explained and doesn't make any sense, too many weak inconsistent poorly written story lines mixed in with more stronger, more solid story lines that are better written because the writers keep doing this one step forward, half a dozen steps back very slow progression of the Clark character by stripping the Clark character to his bare essence just build up other female characters. It just seems that the writing is all over the place and it's really annoying.

Still too early in the series for the Clois to start happening

The Clois should've started after the Clana has completely died out and done with, not in the middle of the Clana, the Clexana and the Lexana that's way too many things going on all at once and it takes away from the focal point of the show. The Clois doesn't fit in with the consistency and continuity of those plot lines so the Clois feels a bit too forced and too rushed in this season, the future is the Clark and Lois relationship and therefore the Clois should take place in the future not in the present when the Clana, the Clexana and the Lexana is still going on because it feels that the Clois has no place in it and therefore it makes no sense to put that relationship there because it just looks weird and awkward, and It just seems out of place because the Clois, Clark/Lois/Lana and Chloe/Clark/Lana triangles has nothing to do with the Clana, the Lexana and the Clexana because it's too many different characters causing drama all at once and I feel the writers are either putting in too much or not enough into the episodes, it's like their writing is balancing on the scales and they're going up and down and they're not balancing out and not leveling out the writing as much. I like the Clois in this season because it's a perfect distraction from everything else ( and by everything else, I mean the Clana, the Lexana and the Clexana) I just don't think that the Clois should be in this season.

Too much Lexana, Too much hypocrisy, Too much Lex's and Lana's ingratitude towards Clark, Too much Lex's resentment of Clark, Too much passive Clark, not enough proactive Clark.

Since when does Lexana become the main focal point of this show? when it has nothing to do with Clark becoming superman? or with the Clana? This is Smallville not Lanaville, or Lexville. The Lexana's only tie in in Smallville is creating drama in the Clexana triangle, that's the only tie in. Clark or Chloe is more of Lex's type than Lana because they're more of a challenge for Lex and they have more of a understanding of who Lex is and knows what kind of person he is. Lana doesn't have that understanding of Lex as much. Both Lex and Lana both value honesty yet they are very dishonest people who are very ungrateful, selfish, judgmental and hypocritical ingrates. If Lex and Lana value honesty so much then why can't they be more honest themselves? so it's ok for Lex and Lana to keep secrets and tell lies? but not Clark? even if he doesn't do it with malicious intent? that makes no sense when he lies to protect, not to hurt.

I am getting really fed up and tired with all of Lex's and Lana's disrespect,
                            mistreatment and ingratitude towards Clark, how many times do they have to take Clark for granted? and emotionally abuse him? and criticize him? and pressuring him into being honest with them? and pretending around him like nothing's happened? all because they want him to fully let them in? and to trust them? and Lex and Lana always keep on pulling this " Oh, I'll just ignore all the times you saved our lives just because you can't be honest with us." crap so freaking annoying!!!! and Clark just stands there all stoic knowing and seeing the truth behind their hypocrisy and not standing up for himself and letting them walk all over him like he some sort of door mat and doesn't even call them out on their crap like he does with Oliver Queen on his crap. Which is stupid and dumb on Clark's behalf because I think he should call them out on their crap instead of putting up with it and taking all of the heat from them like he usually does, I think it's time for Lex and Lana to stop blaming Clark for their problems that they've caused themselves and him and take some responsibility for their own actions, it's time that they owe up to their own personal responsibilities and end that blame game once for all because blaming others won't solve their problems, the blame game doesn't solve anything, it just makes matters worse.

Lex and Lana should know that their secrets and lies crap and the blame game doesn't solve anything at all. They're making things worse for themselves and they don't even see it. I am also pissed at both Lex and Lana for always acting like Clark is the bad guy all the time they keep making him look bad at every turn. Talk about putting Clark through the emotional wringer. Sorry I rant when I'm exasperated I just want to see Clark happy for once I don't like that the writers keep on taking happiness away from Clark. I love Clark Kent he deserves to be happy in love I just want to reach into the television and give him great big hug and comfort him, and maybe help him out by calling Lex's and Lana's crap out for him when he doesn't do it himself.
                            Last edited by laurarawlins; 09-14-2015, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎