Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Peter have touched his aunt to get her power?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Peter have touched his aunt to get her power?

Should Peter have touched his aunt to get her power?

I think he should have absorbed the powere, if he was going to fight Sylar and take down the government operation.

I rather fly than control weather ha

Comment

Well, like Storm from X-men, he could've use the wind to allow him to fly. He would get a two-for-one deal with his aunt's power!

Comment

Heroes is in a universe of its own, pretty much a standalone program. So if Peter gives up the flight ability about the only thing the wind would do for him is clear out his dandruff a bit.

Comment

She may have flew away at the end of the episode. She went up the stairs into the storm and they ran up after her and when they got outside the storm was gone and she was nowhere to be found. So if she didn't fly away then where did she go?

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. I thought that she might have been an illusion, but the fact that Peter and Mohinder saw her threw that idea out the window. But since Angela pulled the same stunt on Claire just a few minutes earlier, I doubt very much that she flew away. She's been living there for 50 years, so it would make sense that she knew a fast getaway route.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. He could have got her power, but the execution of that power,routinely,could have proved awkard.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Peter, by Empathy, got his Aunt's power through resentment and betrayal towards the same person, Angela.

but that's a loooooooooooooong throw

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander III
                  I rather fly than control weather ha
                  I think she can fly also how else did she escape without being seen just not as fast

Comment

She whisked off Angela superfast when Angela wandered into the storm and then did the same thing herself. She's got to either be able to fly like Storm or maybe turn herself into the wind itself and then blow away, like Sandman perhaps. But there's some sort of fringe power related to her weather control at work in those 2 situations.

Peter didn't know until the end of the episode that Sylar is working with Danko, and I don't think Peter has seen Sylar since the end of the the last volume, so I don't think Peter has any reason to think he needs to switch to a more dangerous power.

Comment

Originally posted by GrantCalibre
                      She whisked off Angela superfast when Angela wandered into the storm and then did the same thing herself. She's got to either be able to fly like Storm or maybe turn herself into the wind itself and then blow away, like Sandman perhaps. But there's some sort of fringe power related to her weather control at work in those 2 situations.
                      Angela didn't meet up with her sister until the two met up in the bunker. So that would mean that Alice did not "whisk" her off. There is no reason to believe she can fly unless it gets revisited in a future episode. Most of the characters on Heroes only have one ability. I like the fact that Heroes is a standalone product and hope it continues that way.

Comment

Originally posted by CompanyMan
                        Angela didn't meet up with her sister until the two met up in the bunker. So that would mean that Alice did not "whisk" her off. There is no reason to believe she can fly unless it gets revisited in a future episode. Most of the characters on Heroes only have one ability. I like the fact that Heroes is a standalone product and hope it continues that way.
                        What do you propose happened? Angela wandered a few feet into the storm, disappeared, and woke up unconscious in her sister's bunker. I'm not saying there's proof that Alice can fly but there are events that hint that she has some mysterious means of travel. I agree that Heroes should only have one ability, and just like Storm only has one ability (her flight is related to her wind manipulation), Alice would be a similar case. For note, Heroes is not and has never been a "standalone product"; from its inception, is has borrowed heavily from characters and storylines in X-men and many other wellknown comicbooks.

Comment

Originally posted by CompanyMan
                          Hiro used to teleport, time travel, and freeze time.
                          The Hatian could erase memories and negate abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by GrantCalibre
                            What do you propose happened? Angela wandered a few feet into the storm, disappeared, and woke up unconscious in her sister's bunker. I'm not saying there's proof that Alice can fly but there are events that hint that she has some mysterious means of travel. I agree that Heroes should only have one ability, and just like Storm only has one ability (her flight is related to her wind manipulation), Alice would be a similar case. For note, Heroes is not and has never been a "standalone product"; from its inception, is has borrowed heavily from characters and storylines in X-men and many other wellknown comicbooks.
                            How can someone wake up unconscious? Seriously though, she got up from a bed but I don't think she had been rendered unconscious. It's not known whether she took a nap or just laid down for a minute. All we know is that she got up from the bed. I was just under the assumption that since she used to stay there, she was familiar with where to go. When she walked outside she was covered up by the blowing dust, so when Claire followed her outside, she couldn't see where her grandmother went.

And it's not my idea that Heroes be a standalone. Tim Kring said at one time that it's the direction he wanted to go in. This way they don't have to follow any "rules" like shows such as Smallville has to. The Heroes writers do borrow from many genres but that's about it. The writers don't have to be faithful to the concepts of Storm, Sandman, Wolverine, or Slinkerama. If all they want her to do is control the weather, then that's all she can do.

Comment

I thought he would get her abillity. I was hoping he would touch her

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎