Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Peter get his powers back???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

-BTnG turns things on & off and since Peter's powers aren't off (just limited) I don't think it will work
    -Ando's power is a possibility, but I agree with Dpyro it may not be permanent
    -I think the only way for him to get his powers back is for him to regain his empathy (powers evolve over time anyway right?)

Comment

Originally posted by super_j_man
      -BTnG turns things on & off and since Peter's powers aren't off (just limited) I don't think it will work
      -Ando's power is a possibility, but I agree with Dpyro it may not be permanent
      -I think the only way for him to get his powers back is for him to regain his empathy (powers evolve over time anyway right?)
      I once thought the same thing about BTNG restoring Peters power but now I see that it will work because of what it did to Hiro.

Both Peter and Hiro had there powers removed by Arthur.

The show established that Arthur didn't really take all the powers away like Arthur said he did but just made them unusable by Hiro saying the baby made my powers go just not all of them.

Peter took the shot and got a different power so the one that Arthur took is still turned off. So now all Peter has to do is have the baby turn back on his EM power and he will have that one and his new one from the shot also.
      Last edited by targis; 04-14-2009, 10:37 AM.

Comment

I hope you are right

Comment

Originally posted by targis
          I once thought the same thing about BTNG restoring Peters power but now I see that it will work because of what it did to Hiro.

Both Peter and Hiro had there powers removed by Arthur.

The show established that Arthur didn't really take all the powers away like Arthur said he did but just made them unusable by Hiro saying the baby made my powers go just not all of them.

Peter took the shot and got a different power so the one that Arthur took is still turned off. So now all Peter has to do is have the baby turn back on his EM power and he will have that one and his new one from the shot also.
          I guess you can look at it that way. Although, I kinda hope it's not that easy. To me, it would be much more interesting to see Peter learn to get his powers back on his own.

Comment

exactly... i want him to learn and remember them ALL. Parents tend to manipulate their sons into thinking they can't do things.... I hope that Peter realizes that and sees that he can.

Comment

It would be a bit of an inconsistency for Peter to still have the ability to absorb powers passively. And yes, it was an inconsistency for Hiro to get his ability to stop time again. The big hurdle that I am having a hart time jumping is when Arthur told Moninder (in volume three, while "curing" Maya of her power) that when he takes an ability, he takes it all and leaves nothing behind. Peter told Tracy that he can only hold one power at a time, when he takes a new one he loses the old one. That statement occured at the begining of the current volume. It has nothing to do with empathy, since Peter has shown just as much empathy in this volume as he did in volume one. But if the writers decide to find a credible way to have him stack a few powers, I promise not to complain.

Comment

Originally posted by CompanyMan
                It would be a bit of an inconsistency for Peter to still have the ability to absorb powers passively. And yes, it was an inconsistency for Hiro to get his ability to stop time again. The big hurdle that I am having a hart time jumping is when Arthur told Moninder (in volume three, while "curing" Maya of her power) that when he takes an ability, he takes it all and leaves nothing behind. Peter told Tracy that he can only hold one power at a time, when he takes a new one he loses the old one. That statement occured at the begining of the current volume. It has nothing to do with empathy, since Peter has shown just as much empathy in this volume as he did in volume one. But if the writers decide to find a credible way to have him stack a few powers, I promise not to complain.
                I see what you're saying but it could be that Arthur was lying or wrong. I was always under the impression that the ability you develop had something to do with you.
                Matt - was probably a little insecure, wanted to know what others thought of him
                Daphne - simply wanted to run
                Peter - cared for others (empathy)
                Micah - was good with computers
                Nikki - wanted to be strong but emotional was weak (resulted in a fracture)
                etc.
                I'm not saying that's always the case, but there seems to me to be a pattern nonetheless. That's why Peter's power is still similar to old one (because it was the power he was meant to have). It's different because of the changes he's gone through and though we've seen improvement in his character in "1961" he is still not the same Peter. But he is getting back it.
                Last edited by super_j_man; 04-14-2009, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Perhaps. The abilties are determinded by evolutionary changes to DNA more or less. I never really put much thought into that idea, but it would seem more like the abilities would shape the person more than anything else. Sylar has intuitive aptitude for as his base ability and that led to the hunger. Angela dreams the future and had to resort to lying and manipulating to try to persuade people of what was coming. As for Matt, Daphne, and Peter I'd have to put a little more thought into it.

Comment

Maybe when Peter meets baby parkman, thats when he'll get all his bower back.

Comment

Arthur also wanted power, and thats how his power developed. Samson is probably the same way.

Comment

Yes it is inconstient with what the writers established earlier with Arthur but it is the path they have taken.

Whether we like it or not the game has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by super_j_man
                          I see what you're saying but it could be that Arthur was lying or wrong.
                          Then shame on the writers for thinking its viewers are as dumb as a sack of doorknobs. It was unequivocally stated by Arthur and was never re-visited.

This is not an attack towards you, by the way. It does bug me when the writers get inconsistent. I don't mind them taking a few liberties here and there, but at least they could keep things flowing without such contradictions.

Comment

Perhaps. The abilties are determinded by evolutionary changes to DNA more or less. I never really put much thought into that idea, but it would seem more like the abilities would shape the person more than anything else. Sylar has intuitive aptitude for as his base ability and that led to the hunger. Angela dreams the future and had to resort to lying and manipulating to try to persuade people of what was coming. As for Matt, Daphne, and Peter I'd have to put a little more thought into it.
                            I definitely agree that the powers shapes the person. I have no doubt about that. Matt can see into other people's mind and tries too hard sometimes to figure people out, Daphne seems jump from one idea to the next instead of stopping to think, and Peter........well yeah, I'm trying to figure that one out two. But the point I'm trying to make is that they probably got their power based on their personality before the had the power (in most cases, probably not all).

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Then shame on the writers for thinking its viewers are as dumb as a sack of doorknobs. It was unequivocally stated by Arthur and was never re-visited.

This is not an attack towards you, by the way. It does bug me when the writers get inconsistent. I don't mind them taking a few liberties here and there, but at least they could keep things flowing without such contradictions.
                            I think the problem is the writers hired monkeys to help write alot of what came out in Vol 3.
                            Last edited by super_j_man; 04-14-2009, 03:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Mohinder wanted to be strong. Hence his power. I don't know about Linderman, Bob, Elle, Charles etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
                                Mohinder wanted to be strong. Hence his power. I don't know about Linderman, Bob, Elle, Charles etc.
                                Mohinder had no idea what his power was going to be when he woke up by the river (after injecting himself with the formula derived from Maya's adrenaline). He was quite surprised at what his power turned out to be. So it's not like he obtained a power based on his personality.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎