Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What I just realized that really bugged me.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I just realized that really bugged me.

When Clark was close to dying and Chloe was right there, ready to give up her life for him, the things Clark saw were Lana, Lana, then his parents.

Really? The girl who would die for you isn't there?

That just really bothered me.

yeah tought the same too..
    well maybe he didnt see things with chloe because she was there with him

but who knows....

Comment

I was kind of confused about that at first too. Why would he only see Lana and his parents in his dying moments and no one else important in his life? It didn't make sense to me until I really paid attention to the next scene. In the loft, Clark essentially tells MM that he realizes that he has been living in the past, and that he needs to move on and embrace his future. It struck me then that Lana and his parents are symbolic of his childhood and his desire for a quiet, normal life. Envisioning them caused Clark to have the epiphany that despite his want for that life, it had fallen from his reach long ago with the departures of both of his parents and Lana. Furthermore, the final scene with Lois was representative of him accepting his transition into his adult life as well as his role of hero. He tells Lois that he took the job at the DP working along side her, and gives the reasoning that he "wanted to be closer to the action." Not seeing Chloe or Lois or anyone else wasn't supposed to indicate that he doesn't care about them, but that they remain a constant in his life and aren't symbolic of his childhood fantasy of a quaint life with Lana and his parents on the farm.

Comment

I think that he didn't think to well at that moment, but I'm happy he thought at least at his parents..I want to believe that he changed since then

Comment

What pissed me off is that his parents weren't first. His father sacrificed his life for him and he thinks of that scum before him & Martha. What a disgrace.

Comment

I think they really go too far with the lana lust on this series. I agree with xray about his parents.

Comment

Originally posted by LoisReincarnate
              I was kind of confused about that at first too. Why would he only see Lana and his parents in his dying moments and no one else important in his life? It didn't make sense to me until I really paid attention to the next scene. In the loft, Clark essentially tells MM that he realizes that he has been living in the past, and that he needs to move on and embrace his future. It struck me then that Lana and his parents are symbolic of his childhood and his desire for a quiet, normal life. Envisioning them caused Clark to have the epiphany that despite his want for that life, it had fallen from his reach long ago with the departures of both of his parents and Lana. Furthermore, the final scene with Lois was representative of him accepting his transition into his adult life as well as his role of hero. He tells Lois that he took the job at the DP working along side her, and gives the reasoning that he "wanted to be closer to the action." Not seeing Chloe or Lois or anyone else wasn't supposed to indicate that he doesn't care about them, but that they remain a constant in his life and aren't symbolic of his childhood fantasy of a quaint life with Lana and his parents on the farm.

In all honesty I think thats a very good point and it also points out that the writers arent as bad as we say. (at times lol)

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎