No announcement yet.

Cave Drawings......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cave Drawings......

they were pretty cool and the way they had the smoke monster and guy praying to it was coool. its like smokey is god or something. really hope we find the truth of what smoke really is.

at first i thought it was naman and sageeth lol.

No lol. the guy praying was the Egyptian god Anubis? He was summoning the smoke monster from his pit of doom. I guess Anubis uses o'l smokey to judge the wicked like we saw Ben being judged tonight.

Comment

if a god prays to smokey then wouldnt smokey be more powerful then god?

Comment

I didn't mean praying I was just using your example. Anubis was using/calling the smoke monster, not praying to him.

Comment

Yeah, it was definitely weird; almost like the smoke monster was coming out of some kind of altar. And why do you guys think that it didn't come when Ben tried to summon it initially? Is the vision Ben saw of "Alex" a manifestation of Smokey, like Yemi to Mr. Eko way back in Season 3? I'm more convinced now than ever that Anubis is the four-toed statue we saw glimpses of before. Oh, and what was that thing Ben unplugged in that cave behind his old house? One of those old Cerberus vents? I almost found it a bit comical -- it was like Ben thought unclogging a drain was going to bring on the monster. Next time, buddy, call Roto-Rooter.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

Originally posted by warriorrenegade
            I didn't mean praying I was just using your example. Anubis was using/calling the smoke monster, not praying to him.
            o ok got ya looked like praying tho lol. but whatever is going on its pretty cool. and im liking how smeky is more then just a monster. everyone and everything in the show seems to have some sort of purpose which is nice

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
            Yeah, it was definitely weird; almost like the smoke monster was coming out of some kind of altar. And why do you guys think that it didn't come when Ben tried to summon it initially? Is the vision Ben saw of "Alex" a manifestation of Smokey, like Yemi to Mr. Eko way back in Season 3? I'm more convinced now than ever that Anubis is the four-toed statue we saw glimpses of before. Oh, and what was that thing Ben unplugged in that cave behind his old house? One of those old Cerberus vents? I almost found it a bit comical -- it was like Ben thought unclogging a drain was going to bring on the monster. Next time, buddy, call Roto-Rooter.

--SGuthrie ><>' --
            i think alex was just the smoke monster trying to make it more realistic to ben when giving a message plus smokey cant talk so it needs to come out in some way.

i think maybe smokey didnt come because it needed locke to come to the temple or something. smokey seems to be controlling the fate of the island and since locke is strongly connected to the island locke had to do something in order to do whatever he is doing to get the other losties back.

ya i found it weird that ben had to drain an acient toilet in order to summon smokey. that made no sense at all.
            Last edited by superhippie2000; 04-09-2009, 05:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I think the whole him draining the water was just a small clue into how smokey is summoned. One question is why Ben needed to go to the temple when last time he summoned the monster, it came and killed most of Keamy's men. I think everything with smokey is just a small piece to the puzzle that will be solved at the end of Lost.

Comment

ya im sure the drain ment something just seemed a little dumb and weird lol. i wonder why smokey didnt show but maybe it was part of getting locke to the temple and smokey had to stay away to lead them there.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎