Collapse
No announcement yet.

#2-19 "Chuck vs the Dream Job"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a big Chevy Chase fan myself. Wasn't crazy about him in this Chuck episode. But whatever. It didn't matter much to me either way.

As far as the virus goes - I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the whole idea of a virus gets dropped. Chuck does that sometimes.

Comment

I finally got to watch this episode. I was over at my friends house and had her watch it. She wanted to watch the Office but i was like "trust me just watch one episode" and so we watched it and I told her beforehand that it was a drama/action/comedy. and so we watched it and she really liked it but didn't think it was as funny (as i described the show to be).
      I kinda think this episode was more dramatic than comedic (i guess thats kind of a givern bcuz chucks dad comes back). Anyone agree with me here?

And that last scene with ellie and chuck...that was really sad
      What was the name of the song playing?

Comment

^^^It was a more dramatic episode, that's for sure. The ending was pretty sad...I cried.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by closetclana
        Not a big Chevy Chase fan myself. Wasn't crazy about him in this Chuck episode. But whatever. It didn't matter much to me either way.

As far as the virus goes - I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the whole idea of a virus gets dropped. Chuck does that sometimes.
        They have dropped other things? Like what? I think dropping the virus would be weird, seeing as how destructive it was supposed to be.
        Last edited by Violet-Shadow; 04-08-2009, 08:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by closetclana
          I considered that, but if they didn't plan to go anywhere with the virus, they could have just as easily have Jeff accidentally step on the button and break it or something, with the CIA cleaning up the virus by the end of the episode. I'd like to think/hope they left that plot open-ended on purpose...

Comment

Originally posted by joyce20
            What was the name of the song playing?
            It was "Daddy's Gone" by the British group "Glasvegas". It's available on their album "Glasvegas" which is full of the same sort of music - personally I love it and it was great to hear them getting some American airplay. I'd recommend checking them out if you liked that.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLS
              It was "Daddy's Gone" by the British group "Glasvegas". It's available on their album "Glasvegas" which is full of the same sort of music - personally I love it and it was great to hear them getting some American airplay. I'd recommend checking them out if you liked that.
              ah thanks!
              yeah i just went and read the lyrics and wow...the song and the scene matches perfectly.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

[quote=Violet-Shadow;4718926]^^^It was a more dramatic episode, that's for sure. The ending was pretty sad...I cried.

yeah i knowww it was sad. i didn't cry but the whole time i was like "Nooooooo" lol
              Last edited by joyce20; 04-09-2009, 03:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The ending was pretty sad Loved the episode though.

Comment

Originally posted by number8
                  The ending was pretty sad Loved the episode though.
                  This show is so phenomenal. Talk about a great sophomore season. No slump at all! Loved it. And wow... Chuck's dad is Orion. Nice twist.

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeClark
                    This show is so phenomenal. Talk about a great sophomore season. No slump at all! Loved it. And wow... Chuck's dad is Orion. Nice twist.
                    yes it is phenomenal

Comment

OK, this episode was great!

Loved Scott as Stephen (though I always think of him as Orion). His intro and then his little "oh boy" (nice homage for us Quantum Leap fans!) was perfect. Finding out that Steve invented all that stuff and was obsessed about it was a nice touch.

Chevy Chase as Ted Roark was a wonderful bit of casting. I'm not a huge Chevy fan but it was really good, his performance.

The interview at Roark with Chuck on the bouncy ball was funny.

Jeff and Lester finagling to go to the Expo, Casey and Sarah dressed as geeks, Chuck stealing the thing and then getting caught was good stuff.

Steve's talk with Awesome "Don't walk out on your kids when you promised them pancakes for dinner. They tend to take it badly." and all was very cool. (I'm still fuzzy on the timeline. When did Orion leave them? And who raised them if they were underage?)

Then finding out Roark has an Intersect, Chuck going by himself and shooting Casey (wow!) was amazing.

Orion making a fuss, fighting for Chuck and then all the secrets revealed. When his Dad was explaining to Chuck why he had to leave them all I could think was "wow, just like Bryce Larkin. He had to turn away/against him in order to protect him."

Then getting in "Aces Charles" and using the Intersect to overwrite Chuck's brain to get rid of the current one. Getting caught and Orion sending him away (Telling him to trust his handlers was a nice touch).

Ellie thinking their Dad had split and then seeing Orion making the new Intersect (obviously for Chuck) was a beautiful way to end this episode.

Just terrific.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎