Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was annoying about Eternal??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, very funny. I dunno, Jonathan, Martha, and Lionel were pretty non-annoying to me -- unless you count the Offscreen Lionel who apparently wrote that nonsensical Veritas journal that he'd leave lying out in the open enough that TESS MERCER can find it!

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

Davis suddenly knowing about kryptonite.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilah
        Yeah what Memoria reference?????? I missed that. And I watched this crapfest TWICE! lol!
        When a young Lex and young Davis were playing together and Lex was King George and Davis the Dragon and also the small box that Lionel gave Lex for his 12th birthday, as was revealed in Memoria! At the same time Lionel told Lex the story of King George slaying the dragon!
        Last edited by blackcelebration; 04-12-2009, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Yeah what Memoria reference?????? I missed that. And I watched this crapfest TWICE! lol!
          Why would you do that to yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
            Why would you do that to yourself?
            I'm a massechist... Man my spelling is worse than Lois Lane's! Is that how its spelled...

Comment

Hi Magic,

Originally posted by magic
              I REALLY HATE THE "THERE'S ALWAYS ANOTHER WAY" LINE

the most annoying thing is Clark refusing to let Davis-a born killer with a graveyard's worth of body count die, and then giving Chloe qualms about killing him when he's begging for it.

Wow good to hear, I thought I was the only person that felt this way about Smallville’s Clark Kent.

I hate that "There is always another way" line but especially hate it when on Smallville when the writers sell it as the moral choice when the result is the deaths of many innocents down the line.

The “never take life under any circumstances” rule is one of the most silly things that was injected into the Superman mythos and in Smallville it is taken to ludicrous levels.

The original Superman was a lone hero that did what was required to get the job done. Then in the early 40s when the original creators sold Superman some new moron editor decided that Superman (being an alien) should never kill anyone no matter what the circumstances.

Meanwhile Smallville has taken this “no kill” premise which isn’t even a premise of the original creators to lunatic levels where Clark won’t take a life even if it means dozens, hundreds, thousands, million of lives will be saved.

What is more insane than Clark deciding to risk the existence of all of mankind when he refuses to kill the Vessel ie mass murder psycho Lex Luther to stop General Zod?

Oh maybe refusing to kill Doomsday? The fact is we don't know if Clark is even physically capable of killing Doomsday but better to take you shot now than leave Doomsday to evolve and get stronger and stronger.

Anyway it is the same stupid Clark Kent apathetic "moral" choice that ends of getting so many innocent people killed on Smallville.

How come even Clark’s very moral mother Martha, Lex’s father Lionel Luther and Lex’s girlfriend Lana Lang as individuals and all together accepted and understood that to stop Zod they had to sacrifice Lex’s life?

Meanwhile Clark looks like a politically correct moron that can’t face reality of a megalomaniac super powered Kryptonian lose on earth (or Doomsday) and make the difficult choice that will ensure the continued existence of mankind.

Instead of making the tough but necessary call Clark ends up releasing Zod and thus ends up partly to blame for the dozens, hundreds, thousands, millions killed in the world wide riots of Black Thursday.

Limp minded, moronic Smallville writers living in some politically correct Disneyland fantasy world where the animals are always vegetarians or whatever should never be let lose on a story of heroic legend.

Superman doesn’t have to be a super powered Rambo but when faced with only alternative options that risk the lives of dozens, hundreds, thousands, millions, billions he should be able to make the tough call and end it.

Just my two dirhams worth.

Cheers Mountain Sniper
              Last edited by MountainSniper; 04-13-2009, 03:36 AM.

Comment

I can see what you mean. The way Smallville uses the no killing rule makes Clark look weak and doesn't understand sacrifice, however there are lessons to learn from his look at the alternative. Clark, like Superman, hopes by sparing his enemies will change the villains minds about the things they do because he shows them mercy when they don't. If he was to cross the line and kill them, then it becomes a little hard to see who the bad guys are and it makes him look like he is forcing his outlook of what life should be on people. When it comes to Clark being as powerful as he is you can see why he isn't willing to cross that line. He doesn't want to be looked at as the villain nor hero, just an example of what is morally right.

Its the Davis thing I dont really get. His purpose is to kill until there is nothing left. Even in the Death of Superman storyline, Superman knew there was nothing left for him to do but kill Doomsday because he wouldnt stop otherwise. Clark will get his chance to see this in the finale. Davis needs to be killed once and for all, whether Clark accepts that will have to be seen. Doomsday is his opposite. He doesn't care for life and will end all in his way. If Clark doesn't look at killing Davis as an alternative then Clark's death (and resurrection) will be confirmed for the finale!

tbh thats whats gonna happen anyways but whatever. Just watch and act like i never said it.

Comment

I'm a massechist... Man my spelling is worse than Lois Lane's! Is that how its spelled...
                  Masochist

Comment

^LOL! Thanks borednow. Spell check and I are the best of friends =]

Comment

every time chloe was on my screen! it was annoying and unbearble thank good for davis clark tess and especally jimmy!

Comment

IMO the most annoying thing is not on the list: Why are they now trying to say that Sageeth is Davis?? That's makes no sense and is a bad discontinuity error. In Season 3 episode Talisman, Lionel finds an Kawatche artifact, the Star Blade, that supposed to reveal the idenity of Sageeth. When Sageeth touches it, the Star Blade will dissolve. Sageeth had to either be Lex or Lionel because when they touched the Star Blade at the same time it did just that. And we all know its Lex. I just hope it was that Tess didn't know what the heck she was talking about.

Comment

This episode ROCKED!!!! So nothing really bugged me especially off that list lol! But the first 2 kind of did like Why all of a sudden Clark & Davis don't get along even though I love seeing Clark like that for chloe because you can tell how much he cares for her but still I don't know why they hate each other you know? & the fact that we really don't know where Druggie Jimmy is lol because I mean they don't even say much about that it sucks really

Comment

The list needed more options to check.

Comment

When Chloe started the K shower on Davis..........Clark colasped down and Davis was able to stand there as the K rained down on him for a few moments.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎