Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else think this ep brought the series up a level?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickey_Bickey
    It wasn't that bad!
    Try being in my head right now!

There's a few reasons why it might be hitting me so hard... 1. because i hate everything to do with Veritas and blame it for every single bit of season 7 that i hated 2. because i loved Hex so much and was finally proud of Smallville again 3. because the one thing i cannot stand is story lines that aren't factually correct...

Comment

It wasn't necessary to bring Veritas back into this. Somehow they probably thought it would make things more interesting for Doomsday to link it with the prophecy of the traveler... It's actually the opposite. It makes Doomsday less unique as he should have his own prophecy. His own story that isn't connected to Veritas at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
        Try being in my head right now!

There's a few reasons why it might be hitting me so hard... 1. because i hate everything to do with Veritas and blame it for every single bit of season 7 that i hated 2. because i loved Hex so much and was finally proud of Smallville again 3. because the one thing i cannot stand is story lines that aren't factually correct...
        True! I still think Power was the worst of the worst ever in this series!! Requiem wasn't any better. I agree, the whole Veritas thing was completely dragged out and dragged S7 down!!

I didn't like revisiting it either, and quite honestly given the spoilers about the origins of Davis Bloome I couldn't say I was looking forward to this episode. Now, we have to see how Stiletto plays out, especially where Chloe's concerned.

Comment

I wish someone would just wake me up when Injustice is on

Comment

Originally posted by Davis Bloome
            It wasn't necessary to bring Veritas back into this. Somehow they probably thought it would make things more interesting for Doomsday to link it with the prophecy of the traveler... It's actually the opposite. It makes Doomsday less unique as he should have his own prophecy. His own story that isn't connected to Veritas at all.
            Exactly!!! I was thinking it was going to show him growing up in some slum somewhere that he had to have a tough shell so to speak. They did have him have a tough childhood, but they linked him to the Luthors???!!!! How uncreative!!

----- Added 33 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
            I wish someone would just wake me up when Injustice is on
            Don't forget Stiletto! You don't want to sleep through that!!
            Last edited by Mickey_Bickey; 04-03-2009, 06:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Agreed Davis, and your right Mickey, it is very uncreative...

Comment

I think the episode was very unimaginative. Yet ANOTHER origin story, totally predictible. That school Lex went to is getting pretty crowded. I wish those writers would stop watching old episodes. I feel like we're being served leftovers with a new topping on it to make it look like something new and improved. It's not. I don't feel that they added anything positive to the early seasons.

Comment

nope.

I just hope when I'm re-watching the older epis, I don't think about the changes to the initial story.

Comment

Yes it brought the series up. To be precise it brought the level of absurdity up to the point where it puts even Lexana from S6 and the retcons from S7 to shame.

Comment

I like the fact that they ALWAYS find a way to bring back things that you thought it was just a filler. The veritas thing was well planned and I love the whole idea that it was created behind it. I think a good series, specially one that has been around for almost ten years, must be able to revisit the past seasons and tie them together. It is called continuity and even if it is to "unreal" the good thing is that they can keep it flowing in a nice string of events.

Comment

going back to the original story and adding Davis in, well, I accept it. I mean I completely REJECTED the super-powered Lana. This plot line with Davis' beginnings is far more digestible. Tying Veritas in made me squint at first but at the same time tying in last season doesn't make it a waste. imo this season has been falling flat but this episode i saw maturer characters(Clark Chloe and Davis) and a the development of the Chloe Davis & Clark arc further. Bravo SV

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey_Bickey
                          We have Tess all of a sudden blowing up Davis, and then taking care of him. Then we have Chloe killing him, then sobbing and agonizing over him dying not to mention flirting and giggling with him as he was cooking her dinner!!! What????? Her marriage just broke up 2 episodes ago!! Then the Judas analogy which can only point to Chloe, because she's the only one close enough to Clark to be able to betray him.
                          I don't think this are valid reasons to say this episode was bad. I mean Tess and Chloe are characters with complex personalities. Their actions should not be so predictible oe they would become dull characters. Besides what they did is not far from reality. Chloe is kind of in a rebound, she did a natural thing finding confort on a guy she likes. Tess is methodical so she kinda expect that she might not kill davis with that explotion. She was working on a trial & error theory. The real plot hole is the fact that Davis did not killed Tess. MMMM nothing is perfect, maybee he ran out before he had transformed.

Comment

Originally posted by dokken-fan
                            I like the fact that they ALWAYS find a way to bring back things that you thought it was just a filler. The veritas thing was well planned and I love the whole idea that it was created behind it. I think a good series, specially one that has been around for almost ten years, must be able to revisit the past seasons and tie them together. It is called continuity and even if it is to "unreal" the good thing is that they can keep it flowing in a nice string of events.
                            Sorry I wasn't sure if you were talking in general or to me, cause I didn't think this episode was a filler, not at all. Hex was, but not this one. It's okay that they try to tie it together, but again it wasn't necessary imo.

Comment

Despite the plotholes I did think it was one of the greatest episodes of this season. I don't think you can compare this one to the power episode. I mean the idea of the kryptonite suit was just silly. And Lex talking with a Darth Vader voice was stupid too.
                              im sorry but if this episode was one of the greatest this season, than that speaks for how bad this season has been, imo.

Comment

Sorry I wasn't sure if you were talking in general or to me, cause I didn't think this episode was a filler, not at all. Hex was, but not this one. It's okay that they try to tie it together, but again it wasn't necessary imo.
                                Hex advances the B-plot. Eternal advanced the A-plot. Neither were fillers.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎