Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else think this ep brought the series up a level?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else think this ep brought the series up a level?

i watched this and thought it really took this series up a level with the DD story . the 1st ep was great , idenity was gr8 and i think leigon,bulletproof and this have stepped the new series up . . . .

No, if anything it brought alot of steps down, when you start ignoring your own story...

Comment

I'm back to where i was after Power aired...

Comment

I agree, after watching this I remember why Smallville is my favourite show!

Comment

I agree. It definitely went up in quality. Whenever I tell my parents I still watch Smallville (they're the ones who got me interested in the first place LOL) they're like how can you watch it? It is SO bad? I used to say I don't know it's some sort of sick addiction, but now I'm like no. The Davis story is awesome! It's actually well written. I actually enjoyed watching Smallville again. Last night, I didn't yell at my screen in frustration once, ok well I did want a Chlavis kiss. Too much to ask for??

Comment

I love it, it show did bring up to a whole knew level. I even started liking Clark again. Davis stories really brings this show to a whole new level. And I love the comparisons to him and Clark. And how Clark was feeling soooo much sympathy finally I get to see superman.

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn
              I agree. It definitely went up in quality. Whenever I tell my parents I still watch Smallville (they're the ones who got me interested in the first place LOL) they're like how can you watch it? It is SO bad? I used to say I don't know it's some sort of sick addiction, but now I'm like no. The Davis story is awesome! It's actually well written. I actually enjoyed watching Smallville again. Last night, I didn't yell at my screen in frustration once, ok well I did want a Chlavis kiss. Too much to ask for??
              LOL! No, not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn
                I'm really sorry, but how can anyone possibly think this was well written... I mean people on this forum have listed the FACTS that were ignored in the retcon, the lines that made no sense... even the characters actions made no sense...

It was so bad, i almost couldn't finish the episode... half way through i just wanted to come on here to vent, because i was so shocked at how awful the writing was...

So i just dont get how one person can see that much flaw, and another can actually praise the writing!

Can you tell me what was good about it?

Comment

I defiantly thought it did! Great cliffhanger episode too.

Comment

This episode renewed my faith in Smallvlle....Every episode with Davis and Chloe is very enjoyable...

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
                      No, if anything it brought alot of steps down, when you start ignoring your own story...
                      It was not a retcon. The idea of Davis being Sageeth was merely Tess' interpretation of the legend. It's no more valid or invalid than any other interpretation of the myth.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
                        I'm really sorry, but how can anyone possibly think this was well written... I mean people on this forum have listed the FACTS that were ignored in the retcon, the lines that made no sense... even the characters actions made no sense...

It was so bad, i almost couldn't finish the episode... half way through i just wanted to come on here to vent, because i was so shocked at how awful the writing was...

So i just dont get how one person can see that much flaw, and another can actually praise the writing!

Can you tell me what was good about it?
                        Honestly, I think you make a lot of sense. We just came off of an extremely well written episode like Hex by Bryan Q. Miller, and this was sort of all over the place for me. We have Tess all of a sudden blowing up Davis, and then taking care of him. Then we have Chloe killing him, then sobbing and agonizing over him dying not to mention flirting and giggling with him as he was cooking her dinner!!! What????? Her marriage just broke up 2 episodes ago!! Then the Judas analogy which can only point to Chloe, because she's the only one close enough to Clark to be able to betray him. Crazy!

I wasn't expecting much from this episode given the spoilers, so I wasn't too disappointed, but I think it could have been better.

Went down a notch IMO from last week.

Comment

It's not just the suggestion Doomsday is Segeeth that makes it a retcon...

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
                            I'm back to where i was after Power aired...
                            It wasn't that bad!

Comment

Despite the plotholes I did think it was one of the greatest episodes of this season. I don't think you can compare this one to the power episode. I mean the idea of the kryptonite suit was just silly. And Lex talking with a Darth Vader voice was stupid too.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎