Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laura Vandervoort

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The description of her character reminds me of number 6 on Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

Just read that Laura is in a possible pilot for a Sci Fi series she's like the most popular woman on the airwaves (not that thats a bad thing ) hopes she gets to stay with V as the other show didn't sound as good to me

Comment

The other show sounds interesting to me, but it's not as interesting as V.

I think what'll happen is she'll film this miniseries in the next few weeks/months, before V picks back up in June or so (assuming it gets picked up)... then, even if it's a hit, it's not like SciFi could outbid ABC for her, anyway.

Unless Lisa gets killed off - which, I think her character will be one of the most appealing, so that's really not a good idea.

Comment

I wrote what I think of a remake of Riverworld. Sci-Fi Channel did this
          show in the late 90s. They never ended it properly. I liked what they
          did, but they left the audience hanging. I don't think that it needs to
          be remade. This is a prime example of hollywood's failure to create
          something truly original. I gave my review in Smallville Cast & Crew
          section under a title created by Lauraforever. V is at least over 20
          years old and should be given another chance to be done right.

Comment

I just looked up the release date of Riverworld. It was released
            in 2003 on Sci-Fi Channel. Starring Brad Johnson. It's only 6
            years old and it needs to be remade? That's rediculous...

Comment

I didn't even know it'd been done before... That's kind of sad.

Comment

The 2003 movie itself was cool. If they continue it with some of the
                original cast that would be better. I'd always wondered what happened
                during their journey to the north citadel. They left it wide open to be
                continued. This would be much better than redoing it. Laura could
                just be another passanger that ends up getting a storyline.

Comment

I think the original riverworld was the movie that the actor that played Aries on Xena passed away in a stunt gone wrong. I might be mistaken though

Comment

Ohhhh! I know I'll be watching if it gets picked up!

Comment

With the chances V will only be picked up for 6 to 13 episodes
                      this year...and Smallville is looking into the Kandor thing where
                      Kara last said she was searching. Maybe, they could get her
                      back for a five episode arc in season 9.
                      Last edited by Glove; 05-16-2009, 07:19 AM. Reason: I'm not sure on spelling of Kandor

Comment

Does anyone know if she has been signed beyond just the pilot episode? It sounds like from the synopsis' I have read she is integral in recruiting Tyler Evans into the Young V's.

Comment

They'd like to have Laura for the series, so I'm assuming yes.

Comment

We don't have many evil Visitors on the cast as it is, so hopefully she'll get some screen time.

Comment

Be also good to get more visitors onboard after the pilot, say like Summer Glau, would be great she could play her part a bit like she does in TTSCC and she out of work now since Sarah Connor Chronicles was canned. And she might like to come onboard since there 2 ex firefly stars in there.
                              Last edited by Peace; 05-17-2009, 03:44 PM.

Comment

!.

How would you like to be the guy that plays Tyler Evans. The storyline says she woos him to the Visitor side, and I doubt it's with her baking. Lucky kid! He looks familiar, and very young, but then again so does Laura. I'm sure both of them are ways from 30!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎