Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stiletto" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by liana
    Exactly. The fact that someone doesn't like the plot, doesn't make an episode a filler. I hated Abyss, Power and Requiem, and couldn't care less about Turbulence but I wouldn't call any of those 'fillers'. If an episode progresses the story, it is not a filler, no matter if you like it or not.

This episode had continuity, it dealt with Lois going after the RBB, Chloe's work as Watch Tower, Doomsday's arc and Chloe's involvement, Intergang... So, how can that be considered a filler?

Every one is allowed to not like the episode, but it is not a filler because you don't like it.
    I should have been more clearer then.I'm saying Smallville at times drops it's pacing and momentum by throwing us an episode that's smack dab in the middle of a certain story-arc by giving us the continuation or closure of another.After watching "Eternal" I was ready for the whole Doomsday 3-story arc and instead we get an episode that should have been after "Turbulence".Make no mistake I love the fact there moving forward with Clark and Lois and her infatuation building up towards Superman.But this episode felt forced right in the middle of the whol Doomsday scenario.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Striving Artist®
      I should have been more clearer then.I'm saying Smallville at times drops it's pacing and momentum by throwing us an episode that's smack dab in the middle of a certain story-arc by giving us the continuation or closure of another.After watching "Eternal" I was ready for the whole Doomsday 3-story arc and instead we get an episode that should have been after "Turbulence".Make no mistake I love the fact there moving forward with Clark and Lois and her infatuation building up towards Superman.But this episode felt forced right in the middle of the whol Doomsday scenario.
      It's a question of episode order then. Not so much whether something is a filler or not.

Comment

• That wasn't Kryptonite, that was the money you could have saved if you went with GEICO©

Comment

• Comment

• Exactly. A filler episode doesn't advance any plots. This advance plenty of plots, especially with Intergang and with Lois and the RBB.

----- Added 45 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Timester
            But that doesn't make it a filler. The Power Arc was beyond bad and yet there was nothing about it that was filler.
            Exactly. It seems like the filler label is being passed of for "I didn't like this episode." Two separate concepts.
            Last edited by Ella; 04-23-2009, 08:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎