No announcement yet.

Davis Is More Heroic Than Clark?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis Is More Heroic Than Clark?

In a way, I think Davis, at this point, is a bigger hero than Clark is. It depends on your definition of a few concepts and your feelings on nautre/nuture, but consider this:

* Clark was destined by his nature to save the world. Davis was destined by his nature to destroy it.

* Clark was born to be a hero, Davis a beast.

* Clark was raised by a loving family and taught heroic, self-sacrificing values. Davis was put in a cage, abandoned on the street, and shuttled around foster homes.

*Clark has been continually reinforced to believe in himself by those who know of his deeds. Davis reads about the latest Doomsday murder in the paper and slouches into church.

AND YET, Davis himself has turned out to be a pretty good and noble guy, not a mindless killing machine. Doomsday may have been put into his DNA, but Davis really tries to make his life worthwhile for humanity. Despite his upbringing he becomes a paramedic to help people. When the beast comes out he tries to stop it, and always feels terrible about what happens, seeking religious answers and forgiveness. And when he can't control it, he tries to steer it in a vigilante direction instead of harming the innocent.

Then, when it becomes clear to him he was destined to destroy the savior of the world, his answer is-- assisted suicide to kill himself because he feels the world is safer if he sacrifices himself.

I'm sorry, but that's freakin' heroic. Davis wasn't handed any of the things Clark was either by nature or by environment. And yet, he continually tries to find a way out of his destiny so he can be who he is: a really decent guy who wants to help people. When he finds out he can't, he seeks to end his own life for the good of us all.

Yes, I know what Doomsday is destined to be. But Davis Bloom is a heck of a good fella. The way it has all been portrayed it really ISN'T his fault, not at all. And he struggles heroically against what Tess would tell him he can't fight.

When Davis loses his battle, that's when the world will be in trouble. Clark is indeed a hero, but he's had a lot of help, and he's also just a johnny-come-lately to a fight another hero has been waging all his life.

So far in the life of Doomsday the biggest enemy of Doomsday has been Davis Bloom.

Originally posted by saltyweeks
    In a way, I think Davis, at this point, is a bigger hero than Clark is. It depends on your definition of a few concepts and your feelings on nautre/nuture, but consider this:

* Clark was destined by his nature to save the world. Davis was destined by his nature to destroy it.

* Clark was raised by a loving family and taught heroic, self-sacrificing values. Davis was put in a cage, abandoned on the street, and shuttled around foster homes.

*Clark has been continually reinforced to believe in himself by those who know of his deeds. Davis reads about the latest Doomsday murder in the paper and slouches into church.

AND YET, Davis himself has turned out to be a pretty good and noble guy, not a mindless killing machine. Doomsday may have been put into his DNA, but Davis really tries to make his life worthwhile for humanity. Despite his upbringing he becomes a paramedic to help people. When the beast comes out he tries to stop it, and always feels terrible about what happens, seeking religious answers and forgiveness. And when he can't control it, he tries to steer it in a vigilante direction instead of harming the innocent.

Then, when it becomes clear to him he was destined to destroy the savior of the world, his answer is-- assisted suicide to kill himself because he feels the world is safer if he sacrifices himself.

I'm sorry, but that's freakin' heroic. Davis wasn't handed any of the things Clark was either by nature or by environment. And yet, he continually tries to find a way out of his destiny so he can be who he is: a really decent guy who wants to help people. When he finds out he can't, he seeks to end his own life for the good of us all.

Yes, I know what Doomsday is destined to be. But Davis Bloom is a heck of a good fella. The way it has all been portrayed it really ISN'T his fault, not at all. And he struggles heroically against what Tess would tell him he can't fight.

When Davis loses his battle, that's when the world will be in trouble. Clark is indeed a hero, but he's had a lot of help, and he's also just a johnny-come-lately to a fight another hero has been waging all his life.

So far in the life of Doomsday the biggest enemy of Doomsday has been Davis Bloom.
    The dude kills people for a hobby.
    That's not HEROIC.
    It's SADISTIC!

Comment

Originally posted by saltyweeks

Clark thought the world would be better off with him not in it. remember apocalypse? he was ready to let Brainiac kill him. both Clark and Davis tried to defy their destiny and they both fail at it.

Comment

No he kills criminals so the beast he can't control doesn't kill totally innocent people. He knows the other way is only to control the beast with Chloe and he proposed to kill himself which didn't work. So that's noble, not sure to call it heroic, but you got to be brave for sure to sacrifice your life for the greater good.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis Bloome
          No he kills criminals so the beast he can't control doesn't kill totally innocent people. He knows the other way is only to control the beast with Chloe and he proposed to kill himself which didn't work. So that's noble, not sure to call it heroic, but you got to be brave for sure to sacrifice your life for the greater good.
          either which way your look it killing people is wrong i dont care if they're drug dealers, pedophiles, etc, what right does he have to end a persons life. That is not noble that is just a cop out to make him believe he is doing the right thing.

Comment

It is very heroic to fight the monster inside. And part of defintion of being a hero is to sacrafice your own life to save others.

And Davis did have a rotten life and yet and he still tried to be good. Any of the killings he did he was forced to do chosing the lesser of two evils so he doesn't end up killing more innocent people.

At this point though I wouldn't say he is more heroic then Clark. Clark never had to do those things. Clark has had his bit of heroism too. And he has had the good life. But I think at this point and this ep Clark was very heroic and sympathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Night_Hawk90
              either which way your look it killing people is wrong i dont care if they're drug dealers, pedophiles, etc, what right does he have to end a persons life. That is not noble that is just a cop out to make him believe he is doing the right thing.
              i wouldn't say he's doing it to try to do the right thing (that's what Tess would say-- did you catch the Batman reference?) but to control the beast no matter the cost, which is a greater good-- when even that fails he thinks suicide.

think of how many people would find out they were meant to be Doomsday and not take these extreme measures, thinking about self-preservation only

Comment

Originally posted by chlo-el
                It is very heroic to fight the monster inside. And part of defintion of being a hero is to sacrafice your own life to save others.

And Davis did have a rotten life and yet and he still tried to be good. Any of the killings he did he was forced to do chosing the lesser of two evils so he doesn't end up killing more innocent people.

At this point though I wouldn't say he is more heroic then Clark. Clark never had to do those things. Clark has had his bit of heroism too. And he has had the good life. But I think at this point and this ep Clark was very heroic and sympathetic.

he's sacrificing OTHER people's lives to safe others.

Comment

Noble, not heroic. Davis saw what he was, and in order to both live and contain the beast, he set off to do the vigilante job.

Comment

Originally posted by Tess is Smokin
                    he's sacrificing OTHER people's lives to safe others.
                    I was refrring to when he was killing himself. So he wouldn't hurt anyone anymore.

Comment

I think heroic is stretching it a little bit, and more heroic than Clark I have to firmly disagree with.

I would describe it as making the best of a really really bad situation. Regardless, he does not have the right to appoint himself judge, jury, and executioner.

I think with what he knows about Clark now, he should turn to Clark for help, perhaps to at least seperate himself from the beast. Killing himself would have been the easy way out. The ideal would have been to try and cure himself.

I see where you are coming from to an extent, but as I said, I wouldn't call him heroic, more just making the best of a bad situation/being a tragic villain.

Comment

But yeah saying Davis kill people as a hobby, saying he's sadist is unreasonable. If people think that then they don't know the difference between Davis and Doomsday very well and don't understand what he's trying to do to stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by chlo-el
                          I was refrring to when he was killing himself. So he wouldn't hurt anyone anymore.

you mean when he made him self stronger,immortal and indestructible

Comment

Originally posted by Tess is Smokin
                            you mean when he made him self stronger,immortal and indestructible
                            As if he knew?

Comment

He does know now

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍