Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eternal = one of the best episodes of the series?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clark "It's all my fault" kill the episode for me.

Comment

It sucked pretty bad. There were clearly visible plotholes and moments where I LOLed at the stupidity (run straight past the alien spacecraft! Get that kid!!!, Clark forgetting that Lex made the knife dissapear, making it clear he was Segeth). Clark blaming himself YET AGAIN for everything that happens on the planet feels like a slap in the face after the character growth we got the first half of this season.

Also, this just coming from a big fan of the comics, the Davis/Doomsday connection is getting on my nerves.

Still, compared to the Superlana arc, this is a solid 10.

Comment

By 18th episodes in a season, this one wasn't the worst, but a lot of the 18th episodes sucked... This one sucked a little less than the worst. Horrible retcons abound, and I'm tired of Clark taking the blame for everything... it's getting old. The Davis story has its moments, which was somewhat redemptive, otherwise I thought it was pretty terrible.

Comment

Easily one of the best episodes of the series. I thought it was brilliant.

Comment

I personally didn't like it THAT much. I mean it was a good episode, but it's not my favorite episode of the series, let alone season.

Comment

Excellent episode!!!!!!! terrific! brilliant!

Comment

I missed it :P

Comment

This episode rivals the Clana arc for sheer WTFness.

After spending so much developing the myths of the Kawatche caves as something completely unique to SV, and after spending time developing Clark and Lex's relationship as Naman and Segeeth, it's retconned to make Davis Clark's ultimate enemy, when Clark didn't even know he'd existed for twenty-some-odd years, and Segeeth has always been portrayed as being "like a brother" to Naman.

Then there's Chloe. Her moral compass was all over the map in this episode, not to mention the ones before it. We have scene after scene of her lecturing other characters, including Clark, on how murder is wrong and how there's always another way, she's now advocating murdering Davis, and telling Clark that she's not going to let his weak morals get in the way of her saving the world. She also, after discovering that Davis is alive, decides to hide him in her basement, rather than telling Clark where he is, she decides that she can handle everything herself. Rather arrogant of her, and reminiscent of her behavior with Brainiac, which she kept insisting she was handling on her own, only to need to be saved from her own stupidity.

Equally baffling, is her constant waffling on Clark's hero status. Turbulence: "You have to give up the RBB and the DP". Hex: "You're a hero. The world needs you." Eternal: "You're not strong enough to kill Davis. You don't deserve to be a hero." Chloe needs to make up her mind. Or, preferably, she needs to just shut up on the matter and let Clark be a hero.

Last, and most insulting, is the continued shafting of Clark in favor of the "romance" between Chloe and Davis. It's his show, and he winds up with less screentime than either of the supporting characters. Not to mention he's got Tess (who's apparently lost her mind) treating him like the Second Coming and hand-picking his Judas.

Just once, I'd like to see this show actually focus on Clark, for a change, and on his journey to become Superman.

Comment

Excellent! One and few of the best episodes this season, seriously if this was the first episode I ever watch, I'll definetely stick with Smallvile forever, it was really good.

Comment

It was A Kool Episode.. but there has been better.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitbull On A Pantleg
                        This episode rivals the Clana arc for sheer WTFness.

After spending so much developing the myths of the Kawatche caves as something completely unique to SV, and after spending time developing Clark and Lex's relationship as Naman and Segeeth, it's retconned to make Davis Clark's ultimate enemy, when Clark didn't even know he'd existed for twenty-some-odd years, and Segeeth has always been portrayed as being "like a brother" to Naman.

Then there's Chloe. Her moral compass was all over the map in this episode, not to mention the ones before it. We have scene after scene of her lecturing other characters, including Clark, on how murder is wrong and how there's always another way, she's now advocating murdering Davis, and telling Clark that she's not going to let his weak morals get in the way of her saving the world. She also, after discovering that Davis is alive, decides to hide him in her basement, rather than telling Clark where he is, she decides that she can handle everything herself. Rather arrogant of her, and reminiscent of her behavior with Brainiac, which she kept insisting she was handling on her own, only to need to be saved from her own stupidity.

Equally baffling, is her constant waffling on Clark's hero status. Turbulence: "You have to give up the RBB and the DP". Hex: "You're a hero. The world needs you." Eternal: "You're not strong enough to kill Davis. You don't deserve to be a hero." Chloe needs to make up her mind. Or, preferably, she needs to just shut up on the matter and let Clark be a hero.

Last, and most insulting, is the continued shafting of Clark in favor of the "romance" between Chloe and Davis. It's his show, and he winds up with less screentime than either of the supporting characters. Not to mention he's got Tess (who's apparently lost her mind) treating him like the Second Coming and hand-picking his Judas.

Just once, I'd like to see this show actually focus on Clark, for a change, and on his journey to become Superman.
                        IA with you on all points while I'm laughing...

Comment

i hate the retcons alot. and i want to hate the present day scenes but i cant. i gave it a five because the retcons ruined it, but i liked the present day storylines (dont ask me why, i also liked turbulence)

Comment

I do not share the sentiment of this episode being the best of the series.

Comment

It's definitely in my top 5 for Season 8, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's one of the best of the series.

Comment

One of the worst episode, not best. The contradictory retcons killed it for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎