Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eternal = one of the best episodes of the series?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eternal = one of the best episodes of the series?

Just throwing it out there: Eternal was one of the best episodes of the series.

I'm sure many will disagree. There are certainly some retroactive additions to the story that might rub people the wrong way, but overall I think that the treatment of the Doomsday arc has been fantastic. In fact, I can't think of a better Doomsday mythology in the Superman comic literature.

This whole plotline has helped advanced the story, and in my opinion enriched the mythology. I think the show has created a great character in Davis Bloom. He's sympathetic, tragic, and not a one-dimensional villain.

I think maybe the episode could have spent another scene showing Davis' return in a bit more of a significant manner, but other than that I really thought that they nailed it.

Thoughts?

The plotholes completely kill this episode for me. On top of that, I don't like the direction that they are once again taking Chloe in after a promising previous episode with Chloe embracing her position as watchtower. This episode felt like bad writing in comparison to a solid last week episode.

That being said, I am glad that you at least enjoyed it. I hate to see the reviews for this episode when they start coming out.

Comment

it was a great episode one of the best from this season

Comment

Everyone has a favorite episode of the season, but this one wasn't it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kschreck
          The plotholes completely kill this episode for me.
          ITA

Comment

The plotholes completely kill this episode for me. On top of that, I don't like the direction that they are once again taking Chloe in after a promising previous episode with Chloe embracing her position as watchtower. This episode felt like bad writing in comparison to a solid last week episode.

That being said, I am glad that you at least enjoyed it. I hate to see the reviews for this episode when they start coming out.
            Ditto. It's as though the writer never actually watched a SV episode prior to writing it.

Comment

Eternal is definitely up there in my top 10 best episodes ever

Comment

For this season alone, it's up on the top five, but for SV as a whole, not even close.

Comment

Eternal = one of the best episodes of the series?

Not even close to being one of the best episodes, infact i would say this is one of the worst episodes of smallville IMO

Comment

One of the best indeed.

Comment

This is far from being one of the best episodes of the series. To me it was mediocre at best, and all the retcon seriously bugged me from begining to end.

Comment

yes one of my top ten four sure.
                        just loved it.

Comment

Eternal is soooo one of my faves! It has Chlavis, Clark being super herroic and being an awesome reporter, it has lil Lex and Davis. I even liked Tess in it. It was amzing all around.

Comment

Well put. I agree.

Comment

How can I call to a episode that tries to retcon the best season of the show (season 3) the best?

I simply can't.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎