No announcement yet.

Last Son of Krypton

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fish1941
    That old warhorse about Clark being the last son of Krypton had been destroyed YEARS AGO. Long before "Smallville" first appeared. I don't understand what the big complaint is about.
    IA, DC wanted Supes to be the last Kryptonian, and that's why they killed Kara in "Crisis." Then they brought her back in Jeph Loeb's series. Nothing stays in comicbook land.

And as others have said DD is Kryptonian in origin but not a Kryptonian; just an experiment with some Kryptonian DNA.

Comment

if it makes you feel any better he'll always be the last son of krypton to me

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
        The idea of Clark being the last son of Krypton has totally been destroyed. Not only is there about a dozen Kryptonians alive somewhere but now, he wasn't even the only one who fell to earth on the day of the meteor shower. I dont know there is just something so annoying with what they are doing to Davis and re-writing the history of the first episode.
        Last Son of krypton was never coined to mean last ever. It meant last son born on Krypton. Its been so misused its horrendous. Even when it was coined the comics had Zod running around and the bottle city of Kandor. Also women would affect the 'last son' status anyway even if it did mean last ever because only males can be sons.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by BadToad
        It seems that the writers of this show work very, very hard to chip away at Clark's specialness and uniqueness. I have no clue why they do this, but its been an ongoing thing for a while now.
        Clark is not special or unique. I know, I've read the source material. He hasn't been unique since the 1950's.

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by workshyslacker
        IA, DC wanted Supes to be the last Kryptonian, and that's why they killed Kara in "Crisis." Then they brought her back in Jeph Loeb's series. Nothing stays in comicbook land.
        and DC learned there lesson with so much continuity destroyed that Geoff Johns is still trying to fix it 20 years later. COIE was epic but in its main objective (to streamline continuity) it was an epic failure. In fact the guy who wanted to save Kara from death and re-introduce her in Legion (keeping her in the 30th century permenantly) but was denied is now the boss of the whole company. Just goes to show who makes the right decisions.
        Last edited by Estro-gen X; 04-03-2009, 05:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well all of ur points seem valid .... but i know this is a long shot at best ... krypton seemed to be a smallish enough planet . its not totally impossible that he was the last son born at that particular time ....

1 davis was grown in a lab .. just like brainiac .. so i wouldnt call them kryptonian

Comment

Okay. Clark is the last son of krypton. The key word being son, which implies the last male of the race.zod and his wife were spirits trapped in the Phantom zone (at least in smallville universe). The only way they were able to come back was because they possessed human bodies and were then captured in Phantom zone crystals. So they were dead to begin with. As for Clark's mother and uncle they were clones of themselves that were in the kryptonian crystal that Clark's uncle gave to kara before she left the planet. When the Crystal was destroyed the clones were destroyed to. So those two characters were are ready dead as well. Davis/doomsday is not kryptonian, he is a kryptonian creation like Fine only a lot more deadly and indestructible. The woman from the Phantom zone (I cannot remember her name right now) was a kryptonian woman and she died by the end of the second episode.She was in. So that leaves Clark the last living son of Krypton, and kara the last daughter of krypton. I agree with you they have had more kryptonian on the show. Then just Clark, but those kryptonian were are ready physically dead and they did not say anything about him being the last one. They just said he was the last male one. I hope you guys can understand the logic and remember. Just my opinions

Comment

Originally posted by mrw66855
              I hope you guys can understand the logic and remember. Just my opinions
              I didn't know this was a lesson. And you're right, we're just stating our opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by workshyslacker
                I didn't know this was a lesson. And you're right, we're just stating our opinions.
                you obviously haven't being paying attention :P

Comment

How much you wanna bet she learns to fly before him

You do realize that "Last Son of krypton" more refers to Clark being the last Kryptonian born on Krypton and lived to tell about it. Kara is a female, which throws her out of that category (she would be the "Last daugther of Krypton"). Guys like Zod and Nam-Ek were born decades before Krypton was destroyed and there were children born on Krypton after them. Davis wasn't actually born on Krypton. He was simply organic matter there and didn't even take human form or started to live until he landed on Earth (until that moment, he was just a liquid), so in theory Davis was actually born on Earth.
                  Good points you make there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tess is Smokin
                    you obviously haven't being paying attention :P
                    I didn't realise break was over.

Comment

The problem I have is that DD genetic matter was atached to clarks ship.

According to the mythos jor-el was secretly building a ship to send the last son of krypton to earth. This was a secret in the house of El.

The other kryptonians who have come to smallville either from the PZ, ect....they resent clark because he was the only one saved before krypton exploded, and the resentment that kal-el is jor-el's son.

I'm going to assume when DD hatched from what looked to be a rock shaped object...i figured his genetic matter was on the ship, the ship crashed, but having the ooze come out of an egg like object was sorta dumb.

How did jor and lara not know that DD was attached to clarks ship, how did lionel not know about DD, why wasn't this even mentioned during the earlier seasons.

This whole DD story arc would make more sense if the writers explained that brainiac altered time in order to bring DD to earth. For them to go back now and tell events that should've at least been briefly mentioned many seasons ago, seems a bit ridiculous, IMHO I think the writers could've been more creative than that.

Also clark won't call davis DD, we can assume chloe and clark know davis is DD, since clark does refer to him as the ultimate destroyer, clark takes DD threat like a joke, the writers need to stop making clark look like a BDA, and have him go to jor-el to find out how to beat DD. Or at least find a way to restore the fortress.

Its funny jor-el and others knew so much about clark and his destiny and events that would happen, yet none of them knew about DD, clarks greatest challenge and never said anything until 8 seasons later....to me its lame writing, cause they could've easily explained this by using the brainiac taking kara back to krypton as part of the story arc, thus explaining DD being here now. To have us guess about brainiac altering the time line is even more ridiculous...why not just have diologue that suggests that this is what happened, instead of going all the way back to season 1 and saying davis landed then, but no-body every said anything..

Not even Jor-El knowing that someone planted DD genetic matter on the ship he was secretly building is questionable, if Lionel ran tests and found nothing out of the ordinary then i can see him getting rid of the boy to find the real traveler (at the Kents). At that time Lionel hadn't changed for the good yet. This in some ways could explain the neglect of mentioning davis...IMO "Eternal" was an alright episode, but even with new writers the continuation of plot holes still exist, maybe they should start reading more posts on kryptonsite to get some creative ideas from us fans!

Comment

i disagree, he still is the last son of krypton, Davis is just an experiment, a clone he wasn't created naturally and well Kara could be the last daughter so he's still the last son hehe

Comment

I guess I didn't pay much attention, but was the cone actually attached to Clark's ship or did it just land in the same field, that's the impression I got. And yeah I agree with what others said. Clark is still the last son. Doomsday is a lab experiment and only partially Kryptonian. If you look at 'the last son' as 'the last kryptonian' then yes it has been destroyed for a long time now even before Doomsday. But that is not what it means imo.

Comment

read the comic books before you post anything lol doomsday was made to be unkilled if he did die you comes back stronger then ever just like what the kryptonite did so Clark is screwed now

Comment

I've just thought some more about this and come to think about it, Smallville is starting to feel a little crowded by Kryptonian survivors;

Clark Kent, Kara, Nam-Ek, Aethyr, Doomsday (and technically Lara and Zor-El via the blue crystal) all survived by traveling to Earth in ships. Raya, Zod, Faora (and possibly some more) survived by being trapped in the Phantom Zone and Dax-Ur by being on Earth already, who had a son (the boy might be adopted, but if Dax-Ur's really is father, the boy would be Half-Kryptonian and might one day develop similar abilities).

Kara is currently away in space, looking for the city of Kandor (which is rumored to have survived the planet's destruction), if she'd find it we'd get (assuming it would be the same population number as in the comics) about 100,000 more Kryptonian surviviors. Should I count the Kawatche tribe as Kryptonians? Seeing how a legend says that they're all decendents of a Kryptonian male (however, this could just be a legend, not the truth). It's starting to look like in the comics prior to Crisis on Infinite Earths (when it seemed that half the planet had survived).

If they bring in Power Girl (one of by favorite characters), I hope that they'll alter her origin a little (it's not like it's the first thing Smallville's been messing with, or have we already forgotten James B. Olsen, now Henry James Olsen?). I'm not saying give her that Post-COIE origin, where she's an Atlantean, because that didn't really work.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎