No announcement yet.

Chloe and Davis' Connection

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by borednow
    In what version of Beauty and the Beast was the Beast a serial killer???
    LOL. Phantom anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn
      LOL. Phantom anyone?
      Phantom of the Opera? If I recall correctly, Christine didn't love Phantom.

Comment

Originally posted by Violet-Shadow
        Phantom of the Opera? If I recall correctly, Christine didn't love Phantom.
        Debatable. Very debatable. And yet the Phantom (the Beast) is most certainly in love with Christine (Beauty). And yes the Phantom kills. In fact, he's much worse than Davis. Davis has no control over the murderer inside. He only kills vigilante style because otherwise the beast would emerge and kill all innocents in his path. The Phantom chooses to kill all on his lonesome.

Some other modern retellings with examples. Also in the original versions of Beauty and the Beast, the Beast was very much a beast who killed in the forest and would return with blood on him. Some more modern examples of killers:

1)Edward Scissorhands (though understandable)
        2)Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled [SPOILER] In Rebecca, Maxim killed his first wife [/SPOILER]
        3) Twilight (Bella [Beauty anyone?]). Edward has killed several (who knows how many, but a lot) humans vigilante style in his past quite similar to Davis.
        4) Mick from Moonlight. Another vampire (beast) who has killed several vigilante style. Several in his past and some even in his present.
        5) Cole in Charmed. A half demon who kills for pleasure, but sometimes feels remorse. One of my favorite characters!!!

Anyway, that's just to name a few.

Comment

I don't know if all those examples would count as "Beauty and the Beast" stories. IMO, Twilight isn't.

Also, I never claimed that Davis doesn't love Chloe just that Chloe doesn't love Davis.

Thirdly, the Beast killed animals in the forest, not people, right? There's a vast difference between killing an animal and killing a person, IMO.

Comment

I don't know if all those examples would count as "Beauty and the Beast" stories. IMO, Twilight isn't.

Also, I never claimed that Davis doesn't love Chloe just that Chloe doesn't love Davis.

Thirdly, the Beast killed animals in the forest, not people, right? There's a vast difference between killing an animal and killing a person, IMO.
            All of these stories use elements from Beauty and the Beast the same as Chloe and Davis, each in their own, unique way. Twilight surely is. Even her name is Bella (which is Italian for Beauty) and Edward is a princely name. He's the beast (a vampire) who loves a human named Bella (Beauty). There are several elements of that story that make it a modern day Beauty and the Beast tale. It's all in the themes and tropes.

Actually it is unclear who the Beast killed. He surely wasn't very humane when he first became a Beast. He's not all innocent like the Disney version would want people to believe.

And I do believe that Chloe is in love with Davis. She just hasn't said it out loud. The cage scene said all IMO.

Comment

^
              Well, when it comes to Chloe's feelings we're going to have agree to disagree because no amount of debating will convince me that she does. However, future episodes of SV could show Chloe's feelings changing for Davis, or, as you would believe, confirming what she already felt.

Comment

^
                Well, when it comes to Chloe's feelings we're going to have agree to disagree because no amount of debating will convince me that she does. However, future episodes of SV could show Chloe's feelings changing for Davis, or, as you would believe, confirming what she already felt.
                Yep. We're going to have to agree to disagree.

Comment

Well it is plainly obvious that Chloe does love Davis, does that mean she does not love Jimmy? No, I'm sure she does but you can be in love with more than one person, just one is usually stronger than another, and that is what is debatable with Chloe.

And like you said Autumn, the scene where he is in the kryptonite cage really said it all, I thought she really really cared about him until then, but no, she does love him, that's the sad thing about it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn
                    LOL. Phantom anyone?
                    Okay you want to call them Phantom of the Opera that's fine but I never saw that as B&tB really.

1)Edward Scissorhands (though understandable)
                    2)Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled [SPOILER] In Rebecca, Maxim killed his first wife [/SPOILER]
                    3) Twilight (Bella [Beauty anyone?]). Edward has killed several (who knows how many, but a lot) humans vigilante style in his past quite similar to Davis.
                    4) Mick from Moonlight. Another vampire (beast) who has killed several vigilante style. Several in his past and some even in his present.
                    5) Cole in Charmed. A half demon who kills for pleasure, but sometimes feels remorse. One of my favorite characters!!!
                    Are those B&tB stories???
                    Is Angel and Buffy a B&tB story too? How about Dracula? sorry I think you are defining B&tB a little too loosely. B&tB isn't a catch all for someone loving someone who isn't exactly human.
                    Last edited by borednow; 04-06-2009, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
                      Okay you want to call them Phantom of the Opera that's fine but I never saw that as B&tB really.
                      Yes, Phantom of the Opera is a beauty and the beast tale. I thought that one was obvious.

Are those B&tB stories???
                      Is Angel and Buffy a B&tB story too? How about Dracula? sorry I think you are defining B&tB a little too loosely. B&tB isn't a catch all for someone loving someone who isn't exactly human.
                      Yes, I am talking about themes. They all use elements of the BatB storyline. None of them are meant to be the exact story. Heck the cartoon isn't even the real tale. It is just so loose. I'm talking about literary tropes. These are all BatB tales when it comes right down to it, if you take a closer look you might start to notice the similarities. Even Jane Eyre is a BatB tale that is easy to see once you study it. I don't know if Angel and Buffy apply. I wouldn't call Dracula a BatB tale when it comes to the book, but the Coppola film? Sure. You can laugh all you want, but these tales really are beauty and the beast, just told in their own unique way. Phantom is of course the most obvious.

The Beauty and the Beast tale has been told in several ways since the second century. Several modern works as The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Phantom of the Opera, and King Kong do rely to some extent on the beauty-beast theme. It is not about following the most famous of the 18th century tale and certainly not the cartoon.

Beauty and the Beast is an archetype, not one specific tale.
                      Last edited by Autumn; 04-06-2009, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I have to agree that Chole loves Davis.
                        I also believe she loves Jimmy but her bond with Davis is stronger.
                        I saw the break up of Chimmy b/c I felt deep down she loved Davis more then Jimmy.

I have to be honest I like this couple too. I see how much Davis love Chole & Chole trying to do the good thing b/c she does love him too but also her struggle to protect Clark.

Comment

Their feelings for each other are definitely helping keep the monster at bay. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to their connection as well beyond their feelings.

It's clear Davis loves Chloe, and that Chloe has feelings for Davis. I think Chloe's feelings will become clearer in Beast.

And yes, Chloe and Davis very much are a Beauty and the Beast tale, and the SV writers are going beyond the themes and actually using some exact moments from different versions of the fairy tale (first written down in the 18th century).

Comment

Originally posted by topping82
                            Their feelings for each other are definitely helping keep the monster at bay. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to their connection as well beyond their feelings.

It's clear Davis loves Chloe, and that Chloe has feelings for Davis. I think Chloe's feelings will become clearer in Beast.

And yes, Chloe and Davis very much are a Beauty and the Beast tale, and the SV writers are going beyond the themes and actually using some exact moments from different versions of the fairy tale (first written down in the 18th century).
                            They really are. THey have made refences in dialogue talking about the "Bride of Frakenstien" and repeatedively talking aobut peopel with hte torches and pitch forks.

Not to mention the blantant poster behind Chloe at the end of "Eternal" of "Bronte's Love Story".

I'm not sure if it was Jane Eyre or Wuthering Heights but either one does have BaTB themes. Of people seeing he man as something dark and the woman loving him despite all of that. I would rather them be referring to Jane Eyre because the end they ended up together and the "monster" seemed to get redemption.

Anyway I think their connection is soooo a love connection. I really think that Chloe makes Davis feel human so that is what keeps the Beast at bay. I think the more human he feels the more he can stay in his human form.
                            Last edited by chlo-el; 04-07-2009, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I am completely onboard with the whole Davis and Chloe connection and for those of you using the argument that she is married. Rewatch the travesty that is "Stilletto" and Chloe, herself mentions her divorce...
                              Anyway, I am totally into Smallville for the Chlavis love. Smallville was getting tired to me and the Doomsday angle is what drew me back to the show. Chlavis is what keeps me watching... There is definitely a love connection between them.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎