Zachariah

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachariah

I just can not get a "feel" for him.

Is he another 'Uriel' or is he just a real harda$$? It really seems like he has 'Uriel'-type motives, but is he just following orders; which in turn, makes him look like an a-hole?

(if we could keep any discussion mostly spoiler-free, I'd appreciate it)

Yeah, I get real douchey vibes from him too. Reminds me somewhat of Uriel.

Comment

I read this on another forum, but it really makes me pause and wonder.....

The name of the episode is The Monster at the End of This Book. Well, who was the last person on screen .... that's right, Zachariah (& the Prophet, Chuck).

Comment

Well he couldn't be a threat otherwise an arcangel would smite him.

Comment

It seems that Zachariah is Chuck's arcangel.

If Uriel wasn't an arcangel, and Zachariah was Castiel's superior, then it makes sense that Zachariah is Chuck's protector...why else would Zachariah show up at Chuck's house? If it was just a "regular call", then it would have made more sense if Castiel showed up.

Comment

We saw the end of the episode, not the end of the "book."
            The title "monster" is still coming, it wasn't shown except to the prophet in that little flash he saw at the end, which horrified him.
            So the monster is the obvious one, you know, the one trying to bust out of hell.

I don't feel anything untrustworthy coming from Zach.
            He's just tough love is all.
            Father love, as opposed to Castiel who has something closer to mother love for Dean now.
            Zach is like a senior partner in God's law firm. That's why he dresses up.
            He's not there to coddle anybody but to make $&*@ sure the team's ready to play when the whistle blows.
            Last edited by InactiveUserID; 04-03-2009, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Call_Me_Ishmael

If Uriel wasn't an arcangel, and Zachariah was Castiel's superior, then it makes sense that Zachariah is Chuck's protector...why else would Zachariah show up at Chuck's house? If it was just a "regular call", then it would have made more sense if Castiel showed up.

he's supposed to be an archangel but in supernatural they made him a seraphim instead

Comment

Zachariah is not an arcangel, he is just middle management.

Comment

Zacharaiah seems to be the douchebag of all douchebags. Methinks his ultimate doucheyness is going to be the end of him in the finale. I mean come one, if Lucy-luv makes it out of the cage down in the pit, then dear Mr. Baldy here won't make it out alive.

By the way, I highly doubt he's an archangel. Zacharaiah sounds like a douche, but archangels sound like straight up ba*tards.

Comment

Originally posted by Call_Me_Ishmael

I totally agree with you! Zachariah has to be his Arch Angel.

I have a book that lists the Orders of The Celestial Hierarchy and most list that a Seraphim is at the top. Interesting not that Azazel (YED) was a fallen Angel.
                    Last edited by Lexgirl33; 04-06-2009, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I don't see how Zachariah is a douchebag. He, so far, helped Dean out and then told Chuck to keep writing and not tell the Winchesters of his newest dream, because it'll interrupt destinies. Does not sound "douchey" if you ask me.

And, yah, I think the writers have just tweaked the angel's orders a little. Anna is higher than Castiel and Uriel, and then Uriel became higher later on, and then Zachariah is Castiel's superior. I think Zachariah is an arcangel, and he could possibly be the fourth that has seen God(since there are four: Michael, Gabriel, Lucifer(Samael)).

Comment

Zachariah hasn't really done anything to make me think that he's evil, per say, but I still think he's a slimeball. The guy has no sympathy at all, which I suppose is pretty typical from the way the show has portrayed angels so far. Castiel and Uriel were both shown as pretty cold-hearted originally (Castiel got better, Uriel didn't), and Anna has said that the angels could be Harsh, with a capital H.

He helped the Winchesters, but if they'd had the full benefit of their memories, it's entirely possible that they could have at least saved more people, like Sam's "friend" and the security guard. Also, if Sam hadn't had his little spurts of memory, there's no telling how it could have gone, so Zachariah's point is kind of moot in the first place. They weren't without their memories, not entirely. Also, he basically took away Chuck's free will, which supposedly is the highest gift of humanity. "If you try, I'll stop you." He wouldn't even let the guy commit suicide, or rather, he would, he would just resurrect him against his will after.

In short, I think that Zachariah is being set up to be a bad guy. In terms of his power, we really have no idea, but there really isn't any indication that he's Chuck's archangel, other than that they talked once. What does Supernatural consider an archangel, anyway? There are so many interpretations of that word. Archangels are members of the second choir, but some think that archangel is just a title. An angel could be a Seraphim, and still be an archangel, for example. We don't know.

Anyway, it is my opinion (I don't really have a justification for this) that Zachariah is Anna's replacement. When she chose to fall, someone needed to step in to fill the vacancy, and Zachariah was chosen. Anna was Uriel's and Castiel's boss, and now Zachariah is. When Castiel lost the support of the higher-ups he was placed under Uriel, where before he had been above (or at least equal). There was no mention of if Castiel had been made weaker, or Uriel stronger, or even if they had changed in power at all. Maybe the celestial hierarchy doesn't correlate to strength exactly.

And we don't know which four angels have seen God, though your guesses as to the first three are pretty good. I would say that Metatron is the fourth (if he exists in Supernatural, he might not) or the third if Gabriel isn't one of the four.

Comment

Last time i checked, Zachariah is Cass's superior. I think Cass would know him better than anyone. Still interesting theories, does raise a good question.

Comment

Originally posted by InactiveUserID
                            We saw the end of the episode, not the end of the "book."
                            The title "monster" is still coming, it wasn't shown except to the prophet in that little flash he saw at the end, which horrified him.
                            So the monster is the obvious one, you know, the one trying to bust out of hell.

{after rewatching the re-air last week}

Not saying you're wrong, but if you'll remember, each book written in the series that Chuck's writing was titled an actual episode title used in previous seasons of SPN; at least the one's that were shown in the publisher lady's home office.

So since it was shown that "one episode = one book", you could see where I came up with Zachariah being 'labeled' as a monster since he was shown last in TMaTEoTB.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎