Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistakes, Plotholes & Inconsistencies in Eternal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree. That IS a BIG mistake and not so 'small', IMO. Even though Clark had known that he'd been adopted, Jonathan told Clark about his "Otherworldly" origins and SHOWED HIM HIS SPACESHIP that he'd Arrived in for the 1st time during the Pilot episode. He was actually supposed to be about 14-15 years old. That's MAJOR! I could understand him having nightmares as a small child about no one ever adopting him or not being with his adoptive parents and being left unwanted, but involving the 'Spaceship' in his nightmare was a Major mistake, IMO, too.
    Last edited by Imzadia; 04-03-2009, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Yeah I don't get it that they oversaw this... Just to make Clark feel more connected to Davis they added this story detail which creates a plot hole as he didn't know about the ship until he was 15.

Comment

• Maybee it was as simple as the fact that when he said "when I was a kid" he was refering to his younger years. Normally an older person will refer to their teen years in that way.

Comment

• Since he's still in his early twenties I doubt he would call himself a kid to refer to his teenage years. He would more likely call himself just a 'teenager' not a 'kid'.

Comment

• I'm sure this was mentioned but if Lionel knew that Clark was The Traveler all along, there's no way in hell he wouldn't have killed the Kents and taken Clark by force.

Comment

• It pisses me off everytime they mess with the pilot and flash backs because they contradict (recently not like s3 etc..) my most glaring plotholes were: lex and davis being the same age, davis only locked in a bedroom in schoolboy clothes and not in some lab, kents not noticing evil shell next to ship, davis knowing perfect english, the st. george box had kryptonite in it, the story of st. george, davis bleeding when being cut, (basically all flashbacks were completely wrong), lionel knowing clark was the travelor from day 1 etc..
              you get the picture this had a lot of inconsistencies with the earlier seasons
              basically every flash back
              if they just discarded them it would have been fine
              but alas
              just like with the travelor storyline i try to let these things go and enjoy my smallville

Comment

• I just rewatched the episode.
                Why would chloe of changed tops in the middle of the episode. She had on an Orange top when she was in the Talon with Clark talking about the murders. She found the info about Davis's Truck. They went to the site and she was wearing a jacket so you couldnt see what top she was wearing. Then they went to the planet (not sure why the planet by the way) and her top was Purple. So basically when she found out the truck blew up she desided to change clothes to go and look into it with clark? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by ClubXerxes
                  Yeah...but he's Doomsday...he starts off illiterate, then comes back stronger in the English language...I'm sure by now he speaks fluent Mandarin Chinese

I laughed out loud after reading that!

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Poyntz
                  I just rewatched the episode.
                  Why would chloe of changed tops in the middle of the episode. She had on an Orange top when she was in the Talon with Clark talking about the murders. She found the info about Davis's Truck. They went to the site and she was wearing a jacket so you couldnt see what top she was wearing. Then they went to the planet (not sure why the planet by the way) and her top was Purple. So basically when she found out the truck blew up she desided to change clothes to go and look into it with clark? LOL

lol Maybe Chole changed her top...just in case..Davis was hiding under Lois' desk at the DP....after all...its a well known fact...that every girl..wants to look sexy...for her serial killing & creepy alien BF!
                  Last edited by Big O; 04-03-2009, 09:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Might have already been said but Lionel was originally in SV to buy the Ross farm. Not to get the Traveler. Or atleast that's what they said back in season 2 or 3. That's why Pete hates the Luthors

Comment

• Originally posted by Mackdaddy
                      Might have already been said but Lionel was originally in SV to buy the Ross farm. Not to get the Traveler. Or atleast that's what they said back in season 2 or 3. That's why Pete hates the Luthors
                      Word.

And what's up with this Chloe line >>> "He could have killed you, Clark. I won't risk the safety of the world because of your code of ethics...because you refuse to stop the things that threaten you."
                      She says that to Clark but at the end she locks herself in with Davis?
                      As much as I love Chlavis I still don't understand this...

Comment

• She locks her self in the room with Davis tells her that he is imortal and cant die but she can stop him from turning into the beast. So if she can stop that it is keeping clark safe. which is exactly what she wants to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by smallvillefreak24
                          davis bleeding when being cut

Like I mentioned before Davis was stabbed in the chest, therefore only his chest was granted immunity.

Comment

• Another thing i noticed.. Just as Davis was turning into Doomy when talking to clark in the cage. Chloe got really scared like he was going to kill Clark and yelled Clark.. and ran for the leaver. Clark knew what she was going to do and yelled "no chloe" but she was able to beat him to the leaver. Kind of neat that a regular human girl can beat a superspeeding alien to a lever huh?

Comment

• No, Doomsday does not have selective immunity. He's impervious to whatever impacted him before, and that would be everywhere on his body. Otherwise, Kryptonite would still affect him on that one spot under his leg/arm the liquid missed. He's the ultimate demon, not Achilles. Come on all you comic geeks, help me out here! I think the cut was info for newbies to the show, but it is a frustration.
                              Last edited by rch; 04-04-2009, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Supsfan
                                I think the entire episode trying to retcon the past was one huge mistake
                                with you there.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎