Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistakes, Plotholes & Inconsistencies in Eternal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would have helped. I had high hopes for this ep but I was disappointed in all the retconning.

Comment

I had high hopes for this episode when they first announced it. Then when the clips came out, most of my hopes disappeared.

After tonight's episodes I have relocated Brian Peterson & Kelly Souders at the bottom of my "quality writers" list.

Comment

Originally posted by Call_Me_Ishmael
        I KNEW there would be at least one person saying some plot holes would be OKAY.

I had free time and decided to watch this before Supernatural, and I must say...this show NEEDS to end. Almost every other six episode, they add something new to the continuity, and just messes up every story and/or arc.

It's sad that the writers don't care and didn't care enough about this show to even REMEMBER things from past seasons.

Shame on you PS3 for becoming just like Al/Miles.

I had hope during the summer before "Odyssey", but quite frankly, it'll take a genius, I guess, to fix up this series.

And what makes it funny is that, after Smallville, an AMAZING show comes up called Supernatural, which really puts SV to shame...it makes me think that the CW should move Smallville, just so that there isn't that ODD feeling, lol.

And I laughed so much at the trailer for "Stiletto"....I'm glad I still have the first four seasons, so I can always go back to watch those when I ever want to see a good Smallville episode.
        LMFAO. MOD EDIT

PS: Supernatural REALLY sucks! I watched an episode this season and, OMFG, definatly not watching again!
        Last edited by Atomic girl; 04-18-2009, 05:11 PM. Reason: rules 10 and 15

Comment

Fantastic episode.

I swear, it's nitpick*****nitpick*****.

A few plotholes, sure, but whatever. Great episode.

Comment

Both Supernatural and Smallville are amazing shows. These are the only shows I pretty much even watch on tv anymore.

Comment

There are no plotholes in this episode. This episode IS a giant plothole itself.

Comment

The same writers are doing the season finale, I hope that turns out better for their sake. Beyond that these guys will be the main producers for season nine so we will be getting a whole lot more of what they write/produce. I am hoping that they can do better the next time.

Comment

mod edit
                  Last edited by Atomic girl; 04-18-2009, 05:03 PM. Reason: tried to help, went too far

Comment

Don't you think all this mess could be related to Apocalypse's events?

When Clark traveled to the past to save Kara from Brainiac he put himself in the spacecraft to arrive Earth, but somehow maybe Brainiac attached some molecular thing in Kal-el's spacecraft that is actually Doomsday.
                    Call me crazy, but when Kara is about to throw a rock in Brainiac's face, he made a weird laugh, probably because his plan worked perflectly. So my theory is that when all of this happened, the future (I mean the actual timeline) changed and the writers were able to justify all these plotholes and inconsistencies.

I hope someone agree or just accept my theory
                    Last edited by jaksfreak91; 04-03-2009, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaksfreak91
                      Don't you think all this mess could be related to Apocalypse's events?

When Clark traveled to the past to save Kara from Brainiac he put himself in the spacecraft to arrive Earth, but somehow maybe Brainiac attached some molecular thing in Kal-el's spacecraft that is actually Doomsday.
                      Call me crazy, but when Kara is about to throw a rock in Brainiac's face, he made a weird laugh, probably because his plan worked perflectly. So my theory is that when all of this happened, the future (I mean the actual timeline) changed and the writers were able to justify all this plotholes and inconsistencies.

I hope someone agree or even just accept my theory
                      The Kawatche prophecy is 500 years old. There is no time line change that can affect that, unless the events of season 1 to 3 were all changed and we don't know (which is even worst).

Comment

^^That's their official explanation as I mentioned in some of my posts (Chloeiac told Clark this in Legion & the Smallville trailers have captions mentioning stuff like "The past is no more" "The Present is changing", etc). I take it for whatever garbage it is, but even with that there are things that contradict previous mythos facts that should not have changed regardless of Davis' creation as a result of the timeline shift due to Apocalypse.

The Luthor mansion being in Smallville was one of them. It was not moved to Smallville until shortly before Lex was placed in charge of the Smallville Luthorcorp plant. Lex did not get that lead box from St. George's armor until his 12th birthday. And nobody still buys the Veritas garbage they fed us last year with Lionel knowing the Traveler's arrival date. Many of us hoped it would permanently remain as part of the horrible plothole infested storyline of season 7, never to resurface agaiin. I personally hoped the only thing seen in season 8 was the orb (one of the things I was glad to see), with the rest never being mentioned again. But alas, they brought it up again.

Comment

Tess' dialogue with Davis.

"I was trying to kill you... you're safe with me." The others make my head hurt, so I'll stop thinking about them.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                            And nobody still buys the Veritas garbage they fed us last year with Lionel knowing the Traveler's arrival date.
                            Actually, I have no problems at all with Veritas, because not only it was planned since season 3 and it didn't retconned important things.

Comment

This is what happens when you retcon a retcon.

Comment

-Lex didn't know the St. George (about the box) story until that b-day party of his
                                I don't think lex could remember his childhood?
                                -Tess was able to get Lionel's Veritas journal yet Lex has never been able to.
                                She stole it
                                -Why was there kryptonite in the st george box and why was it on lionels desk when it was the gift for lex from where ever lionel got it. Did he re-gift it to lex? haha
                                I'm guessing Lional kept it because it was from the metor shower?
                                -How would he even know about kryptonite that early in the Smallville storyline.
                                He probably never knew its effects yet?
                                -There was plenty of weird stuff, but the most glaring plothole for me would be the whole "Oliver's taking care of it" bit, and then Davis shows up, completely fine in Chloe's basement. Yeah, but wha -- ?!
                                When I watched that part I just kept thinking Davis replicated himself because that body was damaged enough...Although this could be explained in a later episode?
                                -I have to rewatch the episode but was it Tess that made the comment that Davis and Clark didn't get along for a reason? If so (unless i'm wrong) ... how would she know that?
                                She has sources...
                                -Also.. So Lional knew clark was the travel all along? they have always had him suspecting it but not knowing. Also wasnt it Johnathan not Martha that called in the favor?
                                Probably, but I don't think Johnathan was a pretty big fan of lional back then?
                                -Did Clark say he had nightmares as a child of his ship landing in the cornfield and noone come to find him? He must have been 15 or 16 when he found out he came from another planet.
                                He probably did have dreams like those, but just assumed it was JUST a dream?
                                But I'm pretty sure as season 8 is finishing off more of those questions will be resolved and answered. =P

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎