Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistakes, Plotholes & Inconsistencies in Eternal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That a lot of plot holes and inconsistencies. Shame on your Brian and Kelly.

Comment

I agree... but why is this in the spoilers section? This section is for new spoilers and discussing said spoilers.

Also, I want to just say that I much prefer this version, even though it completely steps on the toes of the past seven seasons before S8. While Al/Miles failed to make the show consistent overall, PS3 have succeeded (though not 100%) at making this season pretty darn consistent within itself. Frankly, I like it. If they have to change how things were in Seasons 1-7, then that's okay. I almost view S8 as a whole other show.
      Last edited by noblue4u; 04-02-2009, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I didn't like how they said that Davis was Sageth, but didn't the knife disappear when Lionel and Lex touched it?
        So to me that makes no sense with what they said about Davis tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bre723
          I didn't like how they said that Davis was Sageth, but didn't the knife disappear when Lionel and Lex touched it?
          So to me that makes no sense with what they said about Davis tonight.
          I know. I didn't like it either. But check out my explanation. There is a saving grace to this, but whether or not we hear it verbally mentioned onscreen is another thing.

Comment

Tonight's episode felt like Brian Peterson & Kelly Souders were trying to write a quality episode like Al Gough and Miles Millar but fell completely short of matching their quality.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
              Yeah. I noticed this & brought it up on the live discussion thread. Plus, he spoke English the day he landed (unlike Clark who didn't know English or any language).
              Yeah what was that about.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by xrayvision
              My favorite is season 2 with S3 trailing right behind. I loved S2 because:

-The caves were introduced
              -Red-k was introduced
              -Pete learned his secret
              -Introduction of Swann (Rosetta was awesome)
              -Introduction of Jor-El
              -Introduction of Helen Bryce
              -Introduction of Dr. Walden (one of my favorite villians)
              -The beginning of Lionel's obsession with Clark in Duplicity & Red
              -Introduction of Lucas
              -Superjump in Insurgence (awesome episode)
              -Fever & the events that took place
              -Further development of Clark's ship & Dr. Hamilton
              -The cave parasites
              -Introduction of heatvision (best introduction of any of his powers)
              -I loved Chloe back then (and in seasons 1, 3 & 4 too)

Season 3 was great because it followed up perfectly from S2.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

100% Backed !!!!!!!!!!!!
              Last edited by Lexsghost; 04-02-2009, 09:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I miss the days of the older seasons. So much more everything!

Comment

Alright let me clear up a whole bunch on this episode. I think it was very well written, many people just need to watch it again and or in slow motion at times.

First controversy, Davis either didn't cut himself or healed quickly. Doomsday's powers vary as he can stab himself with a knife and have it break or be burned when his car blows up. Just like Davis can sometimes control the monster and other times can't and kills Chloe (therefore Chloe may not always be able to stop Davis and therefore by trying to save Clark by being around Davis may actually "betray" Clark even though she is trying to save him). Davis' finger has no cut so the "blood" could be that red juicy tomatoe or he healed quickly, which explains Davis' response "Quick reflexes" when Chloe asked how he did that.

Tess very well might have found this book after the Green Arrow's break in last week. Lex was very busy with other things in the end of last season after Lionel died than to go through an entire warehouse of his crap.

I love how Tess points out Lex and Lionel's blindness to second boy, when she herself is so blind to Doomsday being Clark's arch enemy and or Judas. Lex is and she is blinded by thinking he's dead as well as Mr. Teague was last season.

The phone call to Lionel about adopting Clark...I'm fairly sure Jonathon said so we called (cashed?) in our favor with the Luthors, but I'm going to look into that.

The ship was not there/visible when the men run after Davis. Davis is hiding behind branches when Jonathan, Martha, and Clark walk off. Then he comes out from behind it pauses, and then men coming running in with the ship not in sight.

I think the Veritas story line is very intriguing. I don't believe a billionare happened to be buying a cream crop farm and a meteor shower just happen to strike as we have all seen Lionel's cleverness and craftyness. For example, feigning blindness in Season 2 and seeing Clark use his abilities at least once. Smallville was just another farm town before the meteor shower so we would Lionel choose there. It makes sense now.

He knew the meteor shower so he put a mansion there. In this episode Lionel is never shown in the mansion holding true to Lex's statement, "my dad had no intention to live in and never stepped foot in it". After he couldn't find the traveler he left Smallville and probably just had Lex stay there while they ran tests on Davis.

In complaint about Lionel and Lex taking the helicopter...They were flying in to get the traveler and leave. Maybe they would have stayed in the mansion had Lionel found them or flown back to Metropolis hence the helicopter. And since they weren't living in the mansion they needed to fly out from Metropolis to Smallville.

Finally, as we see in the later seasons Lionel is not heartless. He has the men to find the traveler and figures they can handle finding a boy in a ship. Lionel wasn't planning for Lex to disappear and needs to find his son and is worried he is going to die. Lionel always cared about Lex in a psychotic type of way that pushed him to be ruthless.

I don't remember the St. George story really so I can't comment on any inaccuracies.

Regarding the lead box...I believe Lex's mom is dead by the time of the meteor shower or dying so she probably gave him the lead box and collected one of the interesting meteor rocks he found in the field.

Overall I think this episode was very interesting in tying the past 8 seasons together and setting the stage for Clark's battle with Doomsday and the resurgence of Lex in season 9?

EDIT: Ok, the St. George story was a huge mistake in tonight's episode. Lex was 12 when he got the box for the first time. But I still feel like there was a mistake and that in Season 1 Episode 2 he said his mom gave him the lead box, but I don't have Season 1 with me.

EDIT: And I checked, Martha in Season 2 Episode 7 says, "we called in the favor" not Jonathon so therefore tonight's episode saying Martha called Lionel is accurate.
                  Last edited by gmhashope; 04-02-2009, 10:30 PM.

Comment

They dismissed most of earlier seasons in just 40 minutes. This whole episode was one giant plothole that should have never been written.

Comment

I KNEW there would be at least one person saying some plot holes would be OKAY.

I had free time and decided to watch this before Supernatural, and I must say...this show NEEDS to end. Almost every other six episode, they add something new to the continuity, and just messes up every story and/or arc.

It's sad that the writers don't care and didn't care enough about this show to even REMEMBER things from past seasons.

Shame on you PS3 for becoming just like Al/Miles.

I had hope during the summer before "Odyssey", but quite frankly, it'll take a genius, I guess, to fix up this series.

And what makes it funny is that, after Smallville, an AMAZING show comes up called Supernatural, which really puts SV to shame...it makes me think that the CW should move Smallville, just so that there isn't that ODD feeling, lol.

And I laughed so much at the trailer for "Stiletto"....I'm glad I still have the first four seasons, so I can always go back to watch those when I ever want to see a good Smallville episode.
                      Last edited by Call_Me_Ishmael; 04-02-2009, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmhashope
                        I love how Tess points out Lex and Lionel's blindness to second boy, when she herself is so blind to Doomsday being Clark's arch enemy and or Judas. Lex is and she is blinded by thinking he's dead as well as Mr. Teague was last season.
                        Well, I do think Tess & every other character is blind about Lex being alive. Because he certainly is. She is also blind to Doomsday being alive.

The phone call to Lionel about adopting Clark...I'm fairly sure Jonathon said so we called (cashed?) in our favor with the Luthors, but I'm going to look into that.
                        Lionel was sitting next to a naked Clark covered by a blanket in the car. So I would think if Lionel expected an alien to arrive & had his men chase Davis, he would have had Clark kidnapped from the Kents long ago. Lionel's favor was about Clark's adoption. This would be another red flag to Lionel that Clark is an alien. He saw the very kid he set the adoption to and how his circumstances were similar to Davis', who his men supposedly followed in the retcon.

The ship was not there/visible when the men run after Davis. Davis is hiding behind branches when Jonathan, Martha, and Clark walk off. Then he comes out from behind it pauses, and then men coming running in with the ship not in sight.
                        It seemed to me the men ran up the hill of the crater created by the ship. I may be wrong. But if his men were in the area, why not have a team set up to steal the ship?

I think the Veritas story line is very intriguing. I don't believe a billionare happened to be buying a cream crop farm and a meteor shower just happen to strike as we have all seen Lionel's cleverness and craftyness. For example, feigning blindness in Season 2 and seeing Clark use his abilities at least once. Smallville was just another farm town before the meteor shower so we would Lionel choose there. It makes sense now.
                        I disagree. Lionel was never shown to be curious of Clark until Duplicity. Lionel was blind at the time & was told by Dr. Hamilton about a ship he found. He took Lionel to his barn & Lionel felt the octagonal depression where the key went. In the next episode, Red, Lionel heard gunshots and later found the bullets on the floor. They weren't lodged in any wood or other material. He knew that Clark was right next to him when the gun was fired & this episode is when his Clark obsession started. And Lionel did not feign his blindness. He was actually blind for a while. He only feigned it much later, not long before Lucas showed up. In Skinwalker he was all alone & about to be attacked by Kyla in her wolf form. He wouldn't have feigned it then. Just like the pool ball Lucas threw at him made him expose his lie, so would a wolf if he was really blind then. Lionel back in Jitters knew Clark was involved in the miracle that subdued Earl Jenkins & stopped the plant from exploding. Yet he didn't question it. This is why I hate Veritas. It overlooks all these things. How can Lionel know when Clark would land when Dr. Swann, who had all the info, didn't know? It makes no sense.

He knew the meteor shower so he put a mansion there. In this episode Lionel is never shown in the mansion holding true to Lex's statement, "my dad had no intention to live in and never stepped foot in it". After he couldn't find the traveler he left Smallville and probably just had Lex stay there while they ran tests on Davis.
                        The mansion hadn't been moved to Smallville until not long before the Pilot. This is what was revealed. Back in 1989, it was still in Scotland. Every other episode with flashbacks shows the Luthors living in another building.

In complaint about Lionel and Lex taking the helicopter...They were flying in to get the traveler and leave. Maybe they would have stayed in the mansion had Lionel found them or flown back to Metropolis hence the helicopter. And since they weren't living in the mansion they needed to fly out from Metropolis to Smallville.
                        The mansion was in Scotland. The writers last season took a chance encounter that turned out to change Lex's life and turned it into something it was never meant to be. Events in seasons 1 & 2 as I explained above already prove that Lionel had no suspicions of Clark.

Finally, as we see in the later seasons Lionel is not heartless. He has the men to find the traveler and figures they can handle finding a boy in a ship. Lionel wasn't planning for Lex to disappear and needs to find his son and is worried he is going to die. Lionel always cared about Lex in a psychotic type of way that pushed him to be ruthless.
                        Again, see above events from S1 & S2 that contradict the very premise of Veritas.

I don't remember the St. George story really so I can't comment on any inaccuracies.
                        I remember it. Lex got it as a gift from his mother on his 11th or 12th birthday (the one before Julian was born). Lillian or Lionel got it for him. He didn't know it was connected to St. George until Lionel told him at the birthday party (seen in Memoria). And that wasn't until another 2-3 years after the meteor shower.

Regarding the lead box...I believe Lex's mom is dead by the time of the meteor shower or dying so she probably gave him the lead box and collected one of the interesting meteor rocks he found in the field.
                        No, she died in 1993, as her tombstone in Crush shows. Seriously, he didn't have the box until his 11th or 12th birthday. It's in Memoria.

Overall I think this episode was very interesting in tying the past 8 seasons together and setting the stage for Clark's battle with Doomsday and the resurgence of Lex in season 9?
                        I agree it was interesting, but the retcons/plotholes took a lot of what would have been my enjoyment away. It's too bad they couldn't give Davis an origin free of Clark's arrival.

Comment

I don't know if this has been pointed but that scene where Lionel finds Lex in the filed was wrong. In Lineage(I think), Lionel flags down the Kents and he and Jonathan find Lex. In Eternal, Lionel is by himself. Why not just use the footage from Lineage instead of reshooting it?

Comment

^ Probably because the writers barely even knew much about the story that they were working on. They should have went back and done their homework before crafting an entire episode around past events.

Comment

Hey this episode made no sense.. if the ps3 is this lame season 9 will be lame as well... if they can't back track stories from recent previous stuff.. surely season 9 is to be doomed

Comment

What's funny (or sad) is that Brian Peterson & Kelly Souders who wrote tonight's episode will be replacing the two producers who are leaving to work on Melrose, as the top producers for Smallville season nine.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎