Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistakes, Plotholes & Inconsistencies in Eternal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was plenty of weird stuff, but the most glaring plothole for me would be the whole "Oliver's taking care of it" bit, and then Davis shows up, completely fine in Chloe's basement. Yeah, but wha -- ?!

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
      There were quite a few plotholes in this episode.

One I got at the end was Chloe being able to stop him from killing when in the original timeline in Infamous this was not the case. Davis told her to get out & went DD on her, ripped off the door & killed her offscreen.
      Although the rethinking of the Kwatchee myth didn't set 100% well with me, I've learned to accept continuty errors in tv shows. They happen, right or wrong. Sometimes you just have to make up things to try and explain them. In this case, I choose to see that the cave drawing was about both Clark/Lex and Clark/Davis.

Ex: In order to prevail over one (Lex) Clark must cut the head off (Davis) so to speak. The rite of passage, the destiny whatever.

Feeling that way I can accept the rewrite. In the end we are lucky, other shows get it far, far worse. At least the writers are trying to tie things in. Veritas itself tied in a lot of the web episodes, etc. Outside of the "new logo" just appearing on the mansion window I was cool with the storyline.

Comment

You gotta laugh how Lionel's people tracked down Davis right past the spaceship and left it there for somebody else to retrieve.

Comment

Originally posted by ledzepfan23
          Another one is why did the knife in Talisman disappear when Lex touched it if he wasn't Clark's greatest enemy?
          That is what bothers me the most. Talisman is one of my favorite episodes and they basically just dismissed it.

Comment

The whole retcon the pilot-season 7.For one thing.Also why didn't Lex ask his father why he was housing some strange boy.Who by the way put on the most unconvincing look of suffering when exposed to kryptonite.

Also we learn in "Pilot" that Lionel was looking for Lex.Since we know how much of a heartless bastard he was towards him,how come he didn't ditch him to join up with his men searching for the ship and the Traveler? Instead he tracks Lex,looks horrified and then hitches a ride with the Kents.

Comment

Oh yea i forgot the ship was right beside the boy. LOL they left the space craft to grab a kid who for all they knew could of been in that feiled when the craft crashed LOL

Comment

P.S. Uhhh... wouldn't someone (even Lionel's men) have noticed the big opened egg pod lying there? And wouldn't they have found it odd that he instantaneously knew how to speak English? Oh, and I'd wonder (were I Lionel) what happened to my men who were sent to drop off Li'l Davis when they turned up either missing or dead, wouldn't you?

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

Originally posted by jwm
                  You gotta laugh how Lionel's people tracked down Davis right past the spaceship and left it there for somebody else to retrieve.
                  i was wondering the exact same thing, it wasnt tell the s2 where pete found clark's spaceship yet we had lionel's people in this episode run right threw the field at the exact time the spaceship landed and they didnt even glance at it.

Comment

I have to rewatch the episode but was it Tess that made the comment that Davis and Clark didn't get along for a reason? If so (unless i'm wrong) ... how would she know that?

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Also.. So Lional knew clark was the travel all along? they have always had him suspecting it but not knowing. Also wasnt it Johnathan not Martha that called in the favor?
                    Last edited by Poyntz; 04-02-2009, 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by deanropi
                      I thought Davis is suppose to be the same age as Clark. Looked like he was the same age as Lex.
                      Yeah. I noticed this & brought it up on the live discussion thread. Plus, he spoke English the day he landed (unlike Clark who didn't know English or any language).

Comment

This episode was terrible when it comes to storyline. More plotholes then an entire series of a normal television show. These writers are just getting very lazy these days.

Comment

Originally posted by ledzepfan23
                          Another one is why did the knife in Talisman disappear when Lex touched it if he wasn't Clark's greatest enemy?
                          My explanation for this is that Tess has it all wrong, which she definitely does. Tess thinks Lex is dead like everyone else. Sageeth (the 2 headed creature in the cave) is not supposed to die, but form the balance of good & evil with Naman (Clark). So since everyone thinks Lex is dead, they don't think he's Sageeth anymore.

But guess what? They're all wrong. We, the viewers know Lex is Sageeth because the prophecy said the Starblade would crumble when Sageeth touched it, exactly what happened in Talisman. Clark should actually know better since he witnessed Lex & Lionel touching it. So he should know that Lex isn't dead.

Last year, Ed Teague said that the 2-headed creature is Clark because it represented his potential for evil. But he was wrong too. The Kawatche knew the most since it's their legend & they said that Sageeth is the friend who becomes the enemy. Between the crumbling of the Starblade & Lex being Clark's friend, there's no question that Lex is really it. Clark will not have an ongoing struggle with himself or Doomsday, but instead Lex.

I just hope they go back to this & have Clark realize who the real Sageeth is if/when Lex returns or is about to return.

Comment

How did the kents not notice a whole team of black ops mercs with guns and cages in an open field? And why did the team not think to subdue the kents and take other naked boy that just happened to be in the same crash site as the alien?

Comment

Originally posted by Poyntz
                              'hmmm This mistake i'm about to point out has happened a few times. In the early seasons Lex has told Clark that his father brought this castle over stone by stone. But never step foot in it. He even said his father had no intentions of living in it. So how come all flashbacks of the luthers are in the castle? Also the castle is in smallville. How come on the day of the shower (a few seasons ago i'm talking now) He had to take a helocopter there?

Also. Tess said something at the end after her conversation with Clark and says Kal-el ( i dont remember the exact thing she whispered) He's got super hearing how come he can't hear her? LOL

sigh

There were alot of booboos.. but ya know what. I still enjoyed this episode that makes 5 or 6 i've actually liked this season. (strange only one of them and lois in them (other then hex when she wasnt playing lois) lol

I really do like Cassidy as an actor. Not sure i like the character but she's great actress. I would love to one day see her playing lois in another verison of superman universe.
                              Very nicely observed. I completely forgot about that.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                              I think he's always been a little older than Clark.
                              Well, the reality is that Davis wasn't even created yet when Clark was still an infant. Unless he's some sort of aged clone, which is what I think he is supposed to be (at least a little similar to what happened in the comics), but with Zod's & Faora's DNA spliced.
                              Last edited by xrayvision; 04-02-2009, 07:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                                Yeah. I noticed this & brought it up on the live discussion thread. Plus, he spoke English the day he landed (unlike Clark who didn't know English or any language).
                                Yeah...but he's Doomsday...he starts off illiterate, then comes back stronger in the English language...I'm sure by now he speaks fluent Mandarin Chinese

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎