Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best/favorite character in "Eternal"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Tompouce and Badtoad for your excellent posts for Clark. I agree with you as well. Good to see Clark in the lead showing he is the Best

Comment

I didn't see "smug". I saw angry, and rightfully so.
      Of course you wouldn't , but whatever. And his behavior wasn't justified given the fact that Davis was cleared from his allegations of murder in PREY.

I've seen Clark ask Chloe how she was I saw Clark ask how things were going with Jimmy (to which she flat out LIED to him)
      We must be watching two different shows (but that's not surprising considering the source) because I haven't seen Clark ask Chloe how she's been doing. I've seen Clark ask Chloe why she hadn't opened up to him sooner about everything after he had found out she was going through a lot because she was FORCED to tell him. He never bothered to ask her before then how she was coping with everything, even though by that point it should have been obvious to him she was dealing with a lot, since he had seen her go through much hardship several months prior. I also didn't see Clark ask Chloe how things were going between her and Jimmy. I saw Clark comment that he wasn't aware of Jimmy's release date from the hospital and ask how Jimmy was doing, but he didn't ask Chloe how things were going between her and Jimmy. Chloe gave that information freely. Clark didn't ask for it. Granted it was a lie but that's besides the point.

I saw Clark buy Chloe a very thoughtful gift. I saw Clark come to Chloe's apartment to check on how she's doing, and bring her breakfast, and definitely open the floor for conversation.
      Finally, we agree on something. Maybe we aren't watching two different shows after all. You're right I did see Clark buy Chloe a thoughtful gift, and go to her apartment with bagels and coffee for breakfast to make up for missing her party the night before. That wasn't necessary because Chloe understood why he couldn't make it to her party. No one was upset with Clark for missing Chloe's party. He had good reasons for not being at her party. My issue with Clark has nothing to do with him missing Chloe's party. My issue with Clark is him not calling Chloe on her birthday when he took time to answer six phone calls from Lois. He didn't apologize for not calling Chloe on her birthday. He made up for missing her party, which again wasn't necessary, but he never apologized for not calling her on her birthday. It gives off the impression he doesn't care about Chloe. I would think given all that Chloe has gone through over the last several months that Clark has beared witness to he would at least call his BFF on her birthday and wish her a happy birthday to let her know he's thinking about her and that he wished he could be there with her given he had time to answer six phone calls from Lois, but hey that's just me.

That's what friends are for. They're there for each other, and a 2 second call from Clark wishing Chloe a happy birthday would have went a long way in showing him being there for her when everyone else in her life at the time bailed on her.

If Chloe chooses not to avail herself of Clark's overtures, then thats her freaking problem, not Clark's. Chloe is leaning on Davis because she wants to, and because she's attracted to him. Her snippy comments are, IMO, unwarranted.
      Then Clark shouldn't be upset with Chloe. If he chooses not to be there for her when she needs him then he shouldn't get agitated with Chloe for confiding in Davis when he chose not to be there for her. If it's Chloe's freaking problem then Clark should mind his own business and keep his nose out of Chloe's life. Her snippy comments were warranted IMO since Clark didn't bother to be there for her before so he shouldn't be surprise when she chooses to confide in someone else that gives her the attention she needs.

Except Clark did not have the information that Chloe did, like black-outs and dark sides. So, not hypocritical.
      Except that was all before he was cleared of the murder allegations. Chloe had no reasons to suspect Davis was a killer after he was cleared of the murder allegations in PREY, and up until this point Clark didn't suspect him either and he said that last week when he said Jimmy went overboard in accusing Davis of murder but now all of sudden this week Clark has a bad feeling about the guy. Can you say hypocrite?

I thought Clark's comments were more rooted in the fact that he has a bad feeling about Davis (well-founded), and thats why he was troubled by Chloe seemingly moving right on with Davis.
      And what does that have to do with Clark assuming Chloe is moving to fast with Davis? Clark didn't think Chloe was moving to fast with Davis because he had a bad feeling about Davis. Regardless of his issues with Chloe moving on with Davis he still thought she was moving to fast with him. Clark having a bad feeling about Davis isn't the issue here. The issue is Clark saying Chloe is moving to fast with Davis when he has no right to say that given his own relationships.

And why wouldn't he, when he had just found out from Tess that Lionel had found Davis, then threw him out because of Clark.
      Because he had nothing to do with that and Davis' hard life wasn't a result of him being thrown out by Lionel for Clark or him not having a home, which Clark isn't responsible for. That's Clark again putting his spin on things and taking blame for things he has no control over. If he had stopped and listened to Davis he would have understood why Davis wanted to kill himself. It had nothing to do with Lionel throwing him out for Clark or him moving from foster home to foster home. Davis would have had a hard life whether he was raised by good parents, like Clark was, or ruthless villains like the Luthors. But no Clark couldn't give Davis a chance to explain himself. Clark was acting like his usual self absorbed self and tried to make the issue about him. Whenever Clark blames himself for things he has no control over its always about him and not the other person.

Someone seeing something from Clark's POV doesn't make them an "apologist". And disliking the character certainly doesn't make you anymore "objective".
      Well, if that's the case, which I don't buy it, then liking the character doesn't make you objective either. If disliking the character (which I don't and he's actually my second favorite character on the show) makes me unobjective then surely you liking the character doesn't make you objective. Hmm? Or does it not work that way for you? And I don't see how critiquing a character automatically means you dislike them. I didn't know we had to play by your rules in order to critique a character before being labeled as not liking them. Well you'll have to excuse me because I'm not going to follow your rules on how to critique a character. Before making assumptions about people you don't know, which is rude by the way, maybe you should get your facts straight first.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Tompouce
      I don't have the time or the patience to respond to each one of your points. Just read the post I posted to BadToad and take that as my response.

Last edited by Inkpen23; 04-06-2009, 12:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Clark is too goody goody for my taste, but I still like him, however in this instance I voted for Davis. His character made me want to keep watching.

Comment

Davis Bloom

Comment

Chloe and Davis. They were fantastic.

Comment

Welcome Davis Bloom, it seems you are the second one here to have this name (and the third one if we think of the Davis character)

Comment

But I'm glad I got it spelled right

Comment

Originally posted by Inkpen23
                  Then Clark shouldn't be upset with Chloe. If he chooses not to be there for her when she needs him then he shouldn't get agitated with Chloe for confiding in Davis when he chose not to be there for her. If it's Chloe's freaking problem then Clark should mind his own business and keep his nose out of Chloe's life. Her snippy comments were warranted IMO since Clark didn't bother to be there for her before so he shouldn't be surprise when she chooses to confide in someone else that gives her the attention she needs.
                  Clark has always been there for Chloe when it counted the most. Maybe it has slipped your mind that Clark was directly responsible for saving Chloe's life when the Legion wanted to kill her. I guess Clark should have minded his own business and kept his nose out of Chloe's life and then we wouldn't be here discussing why Clark didn't call Chloe on her birthday because she wouldn't have a birthday to celebrate.

Actually what would have been the best thing for Chloe to do is go to cousin Lois for support. Pick up the phone and say, "Lois, I'm really having a rough time with my breakup with Jimmy. Would you mind coming over for lunch and have some girl talk?" Instead she runs to Davis who has one thing on his mind and it doesn't include standing upright to pour her heart out how Jimmy was just so mean to her, RUBBISH! Chloe isn't exactly thinking in an upright position either so don't cut down Clark to justify why Chloe prefers crying on Davis shoulder to anyone elses. Chloe has a mind of her own and did exactly what she wanted. If you want to blame Clark for everything Chloe, that just makes her look helpless and we know Chloe is smarter than that.

Comment

Clark has always been there for Chloe when it counted the most. Maybe it has slipped your mind that Clark was directly responsible for saving Chloe's life when the Legion wanted to kill her. I guess Clark should have minded his own business and kept his nose out of Chloe's life and then we wouldn't be here discussing why Clark didn't call Chloe on her birthday because she wouldn't have a birthday to celebrate.
                    Clark is always there to save Chloe physically but he is not always as emotionally supportive as he can be. Does that mean that he has never comforted Chloe? No. I can think of about dozen situations where he Clark consoled Chloe.

Well, if Clark didn't pull Chloe out of the ground in Obscura or catch her when she was thrown off the bridge in Dichotic we wouldn't be talking about Clark not calling her because she would be dead.

If Chloe minded her business in Commencement or Solitude then we certainly would be here discussing why he didn't call Chloe on her birthday because he would most likely be dead. Seriously, they have saved each other so many times that it can't be used to argue in favor of one or the other.

Actually what would have been the best thing for Chloe to do is go to cousin Lois for support. Pick up the phone and say, "Lois, I'm really having a rough time with my breakup with Jimmy. Would you mind coming over for lunch and have some girl talk?"
                    The writers aren't interested in Chloe leaning on her cousin for support. So I really don't consider this to be an option. Clark is in the best position to comfort and support Chloe because she doesn't have to hide aspects of her problems for fear of revealing his secret. They can talk openly like no other characters on the show can.

Chloe isn't exactly thinking in an upright position either so don't cut down Clark to justify why Chloe prefers crying on Davis shoulder to anyone elses.
                    That is your perception of Chloe's motives. I didn't see Chloe throwing herself at Davis. If she wanted to jump in the bed with him then Davis would be more than willing. Really, Chloe's comment to Clark about leaning on Davis was her way of letting Clark know that she's feels alone and vulnerable and could use some emotional support. Could she come right out and express her feelings? Yes. But do people always do that? No. It's realistic.

Friends have issues like that all the time where on occasion one feels that the other could be more supportive. Problems like this make the feel genuine and realistic and that's part of their appeal.
                    Last edited by Kalista; 04-06-2009, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis Bloome
                      But I'm glad I got it spelled right
                      Lol, that's it ! I was searching the difference ! Because we can't have the same username as someone else. Thank you, Bloom without E for the "second one" (or third one, if you take Sam Witner )

Comment

And his behavior wasn't justified given the fact that Davis was cleared from his allegations of murder in PREY.
                        But clearly Clark still had his suspicions, hence his commenting on the photo's in the locker, and his disappearances.

We must be watching two different shows (but that's not surprising considering the source)
                        Oh, no doubt. I don't watch ChloeVille.

I've seen Clark ask Chloe why she hadn't opened up to him sooner about everything after he had found out she was going through a lot because she was FORCED to tell him.
                        And why should she be forced to tell him? Why is it that Chloe is incapable of opening up to her best friend if she feels she needs a shoulder? Why is it that Clark needs to force this out of her, and how it that his problem? Its clear to me that Clark would be there if Chloe wanted to spill on her feelings. Of that I have no doubt. If she chooses to keep things bottled up, or instead turn to Davis, I believe that says far more about Chloe then Clark.

You see him as a bad friend, I do not. Its really as simple as that.

Clark didn't ask for it. Granted it was a lie but that's besides the point.
                        It is? Why? Clark is giving her an opening to share things with him, and Chloe instead lies. How is that beside the point, or Clark's fault?

My issue with Clark is him not calling Chloe on her birthday when he took time to answer six phone calls from Lois. He didn't apologize for not calling Chloe on her birthday. He made up for missing her party, which again wasn't necessary, but he never apologized for not calling her on her birthday. It gives off the impression he doesn't care about Chloe.
                        Not to me it doesn't. If Clark didn't care about Chloe he wouldn't have bought her the thoughtful present, or showed up at her apartment the next day with coffee and bagels, or made sure to thank her for what she did for him. I don't know why the not calling negates everything else, and why the thoughtful things he did for are all outweighed by him not calling. Should Clark have called her too, as he answered Lois' phone calls (and note, that was HER calling HIM)? Sure. But I don't think that one inaction negates the other things he did.

That's what friends are for. They're there for each other, and a 2 second call from Clark wishing Chloe a happy birthday would have went a long way in showing him being there for her when everyone else in her life at the time bailed on her.
                        I saw Chloe at a party full of people. Lois got called away, but was obviously at the party. Oliver was also at the party and got called away (something Clark wouldn't necessarily have even been aware of). As far as Clark would know, Chloe was not alone. And she wasn't alone.

Then Clark shouldn't be upset with Chloe. If he chooses not to be there for her when she needs him then he shouldn't get agitated with Chloe for confiding in Davis when he chose not to be there for her.
                        Except he is there, and available to her. She just chooses not to confide in him.

Chloe had no reasons to suspect Davis was a killer after he was cleared of the murder allegations in PREY, and up until this point Clark didn't suspect him either and he said that last week when he said Jimmy went overboard in accusing Davis of murder but now all of sudden this week Clark has a bad feeling about the guy. Can you say hypocrite?
                        I can say it, but it doesn't apply here, IMO. Listen to the excuses Chloe made for herself about Davis. "low blood sugar"? Come on, as a Chloe fan, don't you think she's smarter and more curious then that? I know I do. And Clark clearly stated that he stated to Chloe his reservations about Davis, and she came down on him for it.

And what does that have to do with Clark assuming Chloe is moving to fast with Davis?
                        Because, IMO, what is bothering him most about it is the fact that he's got a bad feeling about Davis. YMMV

Well, if that's the case, which I don't buy it, then liking the character doesn't make you objective either.
                        I am not the poster that claimed people were "apologists", or am I the poster that claimed they were "objective". That was your post, not mine.

Before making assumptions about people you don't know, which is rude by the way, maybe you should get your facts straight first.
                        You mean like callling someone an "apologist"? Is that not making an assumption about someone you don't know?

Comment

Very well said BadToad.

Comment

Davis and then Chloe. I didn't mind Clark in this episode either, which is surprising since I couldn't stand him in Hex. I don't mind Tess either.

Comment

Tess

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎