This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kid Collins
    Doesn't prove anything.
    Finally, someone caught my point all along!

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
      Finally, someone caught my point all along!

I can say the same thing for your argument.

Comment

I can say the same thing for your argument.
        Ratings reading is like tea leaf reading or bones (no pun intended) throwing. We simply don't know.

Comment

Yet, last week Bones wasn't on AND Smallville keeps rising during the second half of each episode.

It's not Bones, it's what comes before Bones.
          What do you mean what comes before Bones? What show comes on before Bones?

Comment

Ratings reading is like tea leaf reading or bones (no pun intended) throwing. We simply don't know.
            Yeah,that's the funny part.We sit here every Friday afternoon acting like wise guys analysing what goes wrong.With so much "knowledge" you would think that a ratings company would have hired us by now.None the less,Smallville looks to be on the up again but it will be a tall order for Doomsday to beat Bloodline in the ratings.

Comment

Yes, ratings can be hard to predict but you can't discount competition and what network it's airing in.

American Idol blows away every competition in any night it's airing in. Are you saying that American Idol is the best written show out there since it gets the best ratings?

Comment

Are you saying that American Idol is the best written show out there since it gets the best ratings?
                There is writing on reality shows?

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by costas22
                Yeah,that's the funny part.We sit here every Friday afternoon acting like wise guys analysing what goes wrong.With so much "knowledge" you would think that a ratings company would have hired us by now.None the less,Smallville looks to be on the up again but it will be a tall order for Doomsday to beat Bloodline in the ratings.
                It's still easier than figuring out Ausiello's death spoilers.
                Last edited by Timester; 04-03-2009, 10:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It's still easier than figuring out Ausiello's death spoilers.
                  Anything is easier than that.

Comment

The ratings keep going up. And when Smallville returns it won't be up against the NCAA tournament anymore, plus this week we had to compete against the ER Series Finale. Some people might forget about Stiletto because of the three week break, but from "Beast" on I'm sure Smallville will get over 4 million. And hopefully a huge boost in ratings for the season finale!

Comment

Requiem also went up against a new Bones and had 3.88 ratings.

Pretty consistent with Eternal's ratings don't you think?
                      The difference is Requiem lost viewers compared to the previous episode Power, but Eternal showed an increase in viewers after Hex and Hex had an increase in viewers over Turbulence.

As for the half hour anomaly, that usually indicates a weaker less watched sitcom following one that does better. Usually it's Kath & Kim, but it seems like Samantha Who this week. That's not counting things that might end on the half hour on cable programming.

Comment

ok so people like chloe,davis and clark,tess but people dont like chlois .... im a chloiser and im anti chlark and chlommy so i feel like i diden't like this episode so much but it was great

Comment

Originally posted by rick.itch
                          ok so people like chloe,davis and clark,tess but people dont like chlois .... im a chloiser and im anti chlark and chlommy so i feel like i diden't like this episode so much but it was great
                          To the contrary, ratings wouldn't be increasing if viewers didn't like "Hex", Turbulence, and Infamous. It's strong episodes that build the audience for the next episode (Typically, unless there is a huge promotion blitz or something). So, from my view, everything is working and building upon each other.

Comment

finals

Smallville
                            - 3.846 million viewers
                            - 2.4/4 HH
                            - 1.7/5 A18-49
                            - 1.7/6 A18-34

Comment

3.85?Sweet.Thanx Supsfan!A request to SparkleforSmallville:whenever you can,could you put up this season's ratings?If i remember correctly you do it everyweek.

Comment

wow i got to say that i was surprised by it

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎