Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joesmallville

"The CW capped off this first Thursday in April with the already renewed pairing of Smallville (Viewers: #5, 3.80 million; A18-49: #4, 1.6/ 5) and the highly compatible Supernatural (Viewers: #5, 3.28 million; A18-49: #4t, 1.5/ 4)."

Source: Pifeedback
    Yay! Ratings held steady, which says alot in this second half of the Season.

Eternal beat ABC in the demo! Bet CW is happy, but they probably won't give any kudos to Smallville.:/ So I will! Congrats Smallville!

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
      Patience Tyson.The finals might raise a bit more.But i am happy to see the show finally hit back at Bones a bit.The last 4 eppies might get 4mil even with Bones up against them.
      As I said before, it was never Bones.

Comment

I hit it right on the nose with a 3.8 suprised to see it went up from last week though

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
          Our never ending debate,lol!Well,with Bones not on,this episode,as well as Hex,might have got 4+ mil viewers.

Comment

Actually,3 weeks hiatus but 2 Thursdays off.Had to correct,can't help it.But you are right!The ratings have risen and once again we go to a break.Stiletto might experience a drop.It's not the best of episodes to come back with promotion wise.They should have stuck Eternal with the last 4,and show these 5 episodes in consecutive weeks.
            *smacks face*

Three weeks? Three weeks?! Why Smallville, why? See, just went I get into the rhythm of things, and get excited for Smallville all over again, we get these long breaks...

Comment

Originally posted by Amelie
              *smacks face*

Three weeks? Three weeks?! Why Smallville, why? See, just went I get into the rhythm of things, and get excited for Smallville all over again, we get these long breaks...
              I hear you.Same here.What can you do?I remember in Season 5 we got the last 7 episodes shown in consecutive weeks and it really built the anticipation.Now we are paying the price for having the first 10 episodes in a row.

Comment

Demo:
                CW Smallville 18-49yrs is 1.6/5.......& 18-34yrs is 1.7/6 these are really good.

SpN 18-34yrs. is 1.8/5 WOW! Wonder why the jump in the Demo's now?

S7 Descent (also in April) Demo was 1.4/5

I don't follow the demo's much, but when they beat a big network, it gets my attention.
                Last edited by SparkleforSmallville; 04-03-2009, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                  The ratings went up a bit from last week. I stand corrected.
                  I agree.

Of course it is!

Requiem also went up against a new Bones and had 3.88 ratings.

Pretty consistent with Eternal's ratings don't you think?

If ratings only reflect how good an episode is then man, the final Battlestar Galactica episode should've earned more than measly 2.4 or 2.7 million viewers considering most critics think that this show is one of the best written shows produced ever.

You can't discount competition in any tv show and also what Network it's in.

Comment

I got it right

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Collins

You can't discount competition in any tv show and also what Network it's in.
                      For me the biggest proof that we suffer whenever Bones is on,is the fact that ever since Bones moved to Thursday nights only two Smallville episodes have scored ratings over 4mil:the two that didn't have Bones against them.

Comment

If anything I think this proves that it's the competition that are effecting the ratings more then anything. Although I'm sure some people stopped tuning in because they didn't like the direction of the story.

Combination of the two but it seems that if Bones was still on wednesday's we might still be hitting 4 million.

Comment

For me the biggest proof that we suffer whenever Bones is on,is the fact that ever since Bones moved to Thursday nights only two Smallville episodes have scored ratings over 4mil:the two that didn't have Bones against them.
                          Yet, last week Bones wasn't on AND Smallville keeps rising during the second half of each episode.

It's not Bones, it's what comes before Bones.

Comment

Well, this also falls in line with my prediction that the ratings will gradually increase from Turbulence through the season finale. Wahoo!

Comment

Yet, last week Bones wasn't on AND Smallville keeps rising during the second half of each episode.
                              If you look at SV's ratings history, the second half of the episodes ALWAYS goes up compared to the first half.

Reason being is that people probably get home late and try to catch the second half of the show.

Doesn't prove anything.

Comment

It's not Bones, it's what comes before Bones.
                                Smallville always rises at the second half.I think most shows do.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎