This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis is officially my new favorite character

Comment

• i really hope clark and chloe dont end there friendship i love them together on screen, i really hope it not chloe who is going to die but i read that chloe is not acting like herself and that why she works for the injustice. chloe and clark throughout smallville have always tried to protect each other i wud hate to see that end .

Comment

• Originally posted by -Nora-
        "Davis, everything that's happening to you is because of me". Oh shut up, Clark!
        Yeah too much!

This episode got a 3 from me.

Comment

• 10!!! This was an amazing episode! I loved it!! Yeah that's really all I have to say!!! It was awesome!

Comment

• this episode was gj but its been lil worse coz there are 3 eps be4 DOOMSDAY so those last eps are worse so DOOMSday can be even better .......STILL HOPE THAT THERE WOULD BE SEASON 9

Comment

• “....he wasn't much of a challenge.”

“....he wasn't much of a challenge.”

I swear I wanted to kill Clark when he uttered those uncaring words to Chloe. As usual he barged into her home uninvited, ruined something without so much as a thought to her. Took the picture from her hand, burned it, and at no point made reference to what she was going through. Didn't even seem to be considering it. No, once again it was brought back to Clark's nightmares. Clark's fears. His nightmares had been Davis' life as Chloe so potently pointed out, but did Clark even care? Apparently not judging from his uncaring self-absorbed attitude. Her solitude, her grief, her anger, her tears had been for Davis. And he took all of it and made it about Clark. Now that’s truly sad and pathetic.

What a self-centered jerk Clark is turning out to be this season?! Hell, if he keeps this up then I really hope Doomsday kicks his sorry aZZ in the finale, I really do! I hope he turns him into the "Red-Blue blur" alright and I don’t mean that figuratively.
              Last edited by BlacKryptonitian; 04-12-2009, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlacKryptonitian
                “....he wasn't much of a challenge.”

I swear I wanted to kill Clark when he uttered those uncaring words to Chloe.
                I don't think Clark was in any way trying to lessen the importance of Chloe's actions, he was just talking about Jor-El warnings. His exact words were

'Jor-el said he was the ultimate destroyer. He didn't turn out to be much of a fight.'

According to Jor-el warnings, I think Clark was expecting a huge fight with Doomsday but instead Davis was killed rather easily. The irony behind that statement is that Davis didn't die, in fact, he's even stronger. So I don't think he was being uncaring, Clark was being utterly naive and completely oblivious to the threat Davis is now to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChloeBot
                  I think that line about Jimmy sending Chloe those emails was so OOC. I couldn't even take it seriously. Jimmy has never shown that side of him. I mean yes he was pissed off in the previous episode but for him to go and curse her via email and then ask her not to contact him, which is a bit contradictory since he's obviously contacting her. I dunno, I didn't buy that line as something Jimmy Olsen would ever really do if you were being true to his character. The producers probably knew they had to break up Chimmy quickly and they added that line to explain why Chloe wasn't trying to patch things up with Jimmy. But to me it just left Jimmy looking really bad and that's not how I see him at all. Both Jimmy and Chloe have faults, but neither is a bad guy...and this scene made it seem like Jimmy was a jerk...which I don't' think he is at all.

I totally agree with you about Jimmy Olsen, Chloebot. I feel the same way about Jimmy, his character and the emails to Chloe. It really does make Jimmy look bad.

Comment

• This episode was fantastic! I could feel the tension between all the characters. SW really made me look at Davis a whole new way, almost making Clark look like the bad guy. There were really too many good scenes to mention, but my favorite was after Chloe pulled the lever. My heart really broke for both Chloe and Davis. It sucked though that Chloe made Clark rethink sending Davis to the Phantom Zone. That was one of Clark's best ideas all season.

Comment

• WORST Episode EVER!

Most of the Davis centered episodes werent so good, but this one takes the cake.

I makes me sad to not like a Smallville episode

Comment

• This episode was good.I liked how it showed davis past,the plot was good and the ending was good

Comment

• This episode was dark, but not too dark. Liked the Tess/Davis scenes and also Chloe/Clark/Davis scenes too. I give it a 9.

Comment

• I've heard pretty bad things about "Eternal" and I never got them.

The retcon at the beginning was just awesome, it totally made sense and gave Lionel a better reason to be in Smallville that day. Seeing Lex even though it wasn't Rosenbaum gave the episode an extra plus. The box from the first seasons was utilized so well here. This was so much better retcon than that stupid Veritas plot in S7.

I never would have thought they'd make Clark and Davis feel like brothers. I liked how Clark wouldnt kill Davis even though that seemed to be the only option. Not much happened in the dark episode but the character developement was just amazing. I've never felt characters in Smallville so much than the second half of S8 with this and "Beast" for example.

The ending, although predictable was just amazing and made the stakes go even higher. I don't get why everyone seems to think Chloe is OOC. If kryptonite cant kill a seemingly kryptonian person then Clark doesn't have a chance. So of course Chloe will do everything to save him. After the image of bloody Clark in "Beast" just futher emphasizes her fears.

Well deserved 10

Comment

• not so eternally but good^^

Comment

I liked this episode because of how it delves into Davis' back story and also puts Tess at the forefront. The flashback segues are seamless and despite Davis being a serial killer, his story garners him quite a lot of sympathy. The darkness within him cannot be contained but he has developed enough human emotional traits to know that the dark side of him is not something that he wants to live with. The visuals in this episode are excellent and although there are a number of plot holes as pointed out by others, they don't take you out of the story.

Why I've only given it a 7 is because of how the season derailed the progress of so many characters. Clark had taken several steps forward in the first half of the season only to take a giant leap backwards between Power and Infamous. Jimmy was tossed on the scrapheap for no reason whatoever. Chloe is on a downward spiral that has put a strain on 2 of her most important relationships. Lois was made to bring her emotional vulnerability to the surface only to be left on the sidelines because of what happened during the Lana arc. Even Oliver has let obsession consume him. Only Tess and Davis have had proper character development and maybe being new characters has allowed for that.

You watch this episode and think how much of a barnstormer it could have been had the writers not derailed the season. It's hard to ignore what went before though.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎