Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why does Sylar want to be "The One"? (ie. Jet Li)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So why does Sylar want to be "The One"? (ie. Jet Li)

At the end of the ep Danko said something about Sylar ending up being the only one left, presumably after they succeed in whatever they're doing--capturing (or killing?) all other mutants.

So why do you think Sylar wants to be the only one with powers? Does he want to be a god on Earth? To rule over mankind? Or does he merely want to raise hell on it and/or destroy it. I think he said something about power being good for screwing with people or simply screwing people (which is not so different, unless he meant the latter in a sexual sense, lol). I'm guessing this is what he is after. Except he wants to screw with (or possibly screw) the entire planet. lol

In the movie "The One", an evil Jet Li from a parallel universe tries to kill off all his other selves so that he can absorb their life forces and become a god. Maybe Sylar is thinking along similar lines--if he accumulates enough powers, he will become a god--or God, period? (When Peter was praying in the church, maybe he was actually praying to Sylar but he didn't know it. lol)

I for one think Sylar is on the right track. Let's just hope that nobody (ie. like that do-gooder Peter Petrelli) gets in his way. heh
    Jet Li ("Yu-Law")
    0%
    Anakin Skywalker
    0%
    Buffy Summers
    0%
    Liu Kang
    0%
    Neo
    0%

The poll is expired.

He definitely want to become the only one of them on the planet like he said in five years gone. He said something like I dont want more powers anymore I just want to eliminate the concurence

Comment

Peter has gotta be Neo.

Comment

Originally posted by Litle bit more bizarre
        He definitely want to become the only one of them on the planet like he said in five years gone. He said something like I dont want more powers anymore I just want to eliminate the concurence
        That's peculiar... I thought he wanted to eliminate the competition. Silly me...

Too bad you didn't list a "none of the above" choice, 'cause that's how I would have voted.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluegemini
          Peter has gotta be Neo.
          Agreed, and so Sylar must = Smith. Peter wants to save the world/help people, while Sylar wants to destroy everything/have dominion over everything. Smith copied himself and replaced/absorbed other programs/AIs to get more powerful. Similar to Sylar copying/stealing powers from others to get more powerful, killing them while he does it.

A future scene on Heroes:

SYLAR: "Why, Mr. Petrelli, why? Why, why do you do it? Why, why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something, for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is, do you even know? Is it freedom or truth, perhaps peace - could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Petrelli, vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. Only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Petrelli, you must know it by now! You can't win, it's pointless to keep fighting! Why, Mr. Petrelli, why, why do you persist?"

PETER: "Because I choose to."

SYLAR: "Oh shut up."

Peter should start calling himself "Peo". Then Sylar can jokingly call him "Pee-On"...

Sylar: Well, if it isn't Pee On.
          Peter: It's Peo....PEO!!! P-E-O
          Sylar: You'll always be a Pee-On to me, Pete.

And Ma Petrelli = The Oracle

But then where/who is Peter's Trinity? Please don't tell me it's Claire....anybody but Claire. lol

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎