View Poll Results: Michelle Morgan for Kara Zor-L on Smallville?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

2 16.67%
  • No.

1 8.33%
  • No, if they use Kara Zor-L in season 9, I want Laura Vandervoort to play her.

9 75.00%

Could she play Kara Zor-L?

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2735968256/nm1382242
    (She would of course have to dye her hair blond for the part.)

I saw Michelle in two episodes of Stargate Atlantis a while back and noticed that she looks a little like Laura Vandervoort and it got me wondering; Could she, if PS3 decides to bring the character in for season 9, play Kara Zor-L (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_girl)? Seeing how the basic idea of Power Girl is she's an alternate reality version of Supergirl (only older and better), they would either need to cast Laura Vandervoort or a woman looking like an older version of her.

I must say I preferred the actress who played the 'fake' supergirl at the season 3 finale. I thought she was a lot better looking than Laura Vandervoort.

Funny, that you would bring her up. In the past I've done two threads devoted to bringing the fake "Kara"/Lindsey Harrison back.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94226

http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=114645

I'm not sure how she could come back and isn't she suppose to be dead. It's at a time Jor-El thought humans were 'disposable' as long as it brought his sonny boy closer to his destiny. So he just used her and got rid of her I think.

I reject your reality dru-zod2501's Avatar
    Pop in PGs trademark DDs and you might have something

Laura Vandervoort is the only one who can pull off Supergirl and Power Girl. In my opinion the Season 3 girl does not embody what I think Supergirl should look like.

I'd rather see Laura pull double duty.

Wu needs to know!!!!!! jpfort1957's Avatar
    Laura only!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little curious; How would you imagen an PG episode(s)?

Personally, I'm very much for building up the universe around Clark (seeing how we've gotten as far I'd imagen you could, without having him become Superman, which is obvious they can't for various reasons, but still want to milk this concept for everything it's got). And, don't ask why, but I'm just not that interested with doing somekind of multiverse crossover, where she first arrives in Smallville on a mission from her own reality in the start of the episode and then returns to Earth-Two in the end. I can't explain why, I'm just not that interested in that type of concept. I'd prefer that they'd use something like the mainstream version that DC is currently using, where she's the last survivor of an entire universe and then starts to build up a life in a new reality (in this case, Smallville's) and then (later) evolves into one of that Earth's greatest heroes.

Nobody but Laura V should play Kara on SV.

^^Laura Vandervoort played Kara Kent, she's done nothing to show me, that she could play Karen Starr (let's keep those two seperate). I can't speak for other people, but two of the reasons why I like Power Girl are the following;

1) Despite being a female spin-off character of a successful male hero, she chose to take a new name, rather then to name herself after him (like Mary Marvel, Supergirl, Spider-Woman, Ms Marvel and so forth). She was actually, the first female spin-off to do so. She came in, named herself "Power Girl", saying it's good a name as any and it distinguishes her from her cousin.

2) Unlike most female superheroes, she not only had to deal with sexist remarks, but knew how to deal with it;

3) She's a female CEO (there aren't many, superheroines, in an executive positions). And she worked herself, up to that position. You know, when she showed up, on Earth-Two she didn't have anything, when she showed up on New Earth, she had even less. In my opinion, there's four ways, to get rich. The three easy ones are; 1. Inherit money, from a rich relative. 2. Marry someone, who's rich. 3. Steal millions. And the fourth way, is hard work. And that's the road taken, by Karen Starr. She didn't inherit her fortune, she didn't marry Ted Turner (or some other billionaire) and she certinly didn't steal it. She's worked, for every penny, that she has in the bank. She started out, as a computor programer, at a software company. Then, she founded her own company and built it up, from the ground.

Power Girl was the first new recruit, to be accepted into the Justice Society. She's a very complex character. I'm not that familiar with the modern Kara Zor-El in the comics, but pre-crisis was often portrayed as really "Superman in a skirt" or "Superman lite". Much of the time, she only fought against her cousins villains and got a few of her own, shortly before DC decided to kill her off. Power Girl survived the crisis, because she was enough of her own character.

And on the subject of Laura Vandervoort. She couldn't play the role, for obvious reasons;

1) LV's Kara was born ca 1967. While Kara Zor-L was born (and sent to Earth) in 1918. So, unless the writers wanna break a sweat and try to explain, how she could've been born 49 years earlier, in another reality (while still looking the same, which would require a perfect genetic lineage to match, between the two Karas).

2) In season seven, they established Zor-El as an evil man. One of the key diffrences, between Power Girl and Supergirl's origins are; Karen was an infant, when she was sent to Earth. However, her rocket was slower then that of her cousin. So, her father designed a virtual reality, within the symbioship's computor, where Kara was allowed to grow up in a Kryptonian enviroment, with simulations of her family. Now if it had been, Smallville's Zor-El who'd done it, he'd program it to make her loyal to him and believe in whatever he wanted, her to believe. Which surely, either Chloe or Clark would be pointing out, using their own experiences, with SV's Zor-El as a jumping off point. Leading to the need to establish, that while Zor-El was an evil man, Zor-L was a good man (and it can't just be Karen, saying that her father was a good man).

I guess my basic point is: If they'd use Laura Vandervoort as Kara Zor-L. They wouldn't be able to do much with her, in the first place. Because more then half, of the story arc would be pre-occupied by characters explaining things about Karen's origin (wanna sit through hours of boring explainations?). However, if you'd use another actress, all you'd need to set up is; "Her universe was destroyed by an anti-matter wave. The explosion blasted a worm hole, through time and space, for a few seconds and Karen passed through it, in the last second.
    Last edited by jon-el87; 06-25-2010 at 11:37 AM.