No announcement yet.

Sylar and Ability replication???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylar and Ability replication???

I noticed that Sylar did not use his usual cut open head and take ability method so how did he get the shape shifter's ability? Did he do what he did with Elle or something similar to peter?

He used empathetic mimicry that Arthur taught him to use. He already knew how to use it, but I think he relishes the violence in cutting people's heads off.

Comment

Your post does make sense, but it seemed he needed to do a lot more than intensely stare into Elle's eyes to absorb her ability. Also, he didn't have good control of it until later on when he cut her head open, but he seems to have the shapeshifting ability mastered. Probably just nitpicking on my part.

Comment

For some reason I think sylar did something through the shape shifters ear. When Noah looked at the dead "sylar" in the body bag something seemed a little different about his ear to me. Not sure why, maybe I was seeing things, but the ear stuck out to me.

I don't know how sylar could have done it, maybe he did use his empathy, but that ear just sticks out for some reason in my mind

Comment

Originally posted by Pyramid84
          Your post does make sense, but it seemed he needed to do a lot more than intensely stare into Elle's eyes to absorb her ability. Also, he didn't have good control of it until later on when he cut her head open, but he seems to have the shapeshifting ability mastered. Probably just nitpicking on my part.
          No, I don't think it's nitpicking. I think you are right. Sylar spent considerable time with Elle and took the time to let her know that he understood why she was so angry. He had absolutely no consideration for the shapeshifter. As for Sylar having empathic mimicry, well, perhaps I'll talk (rant) about that another day.

Yoshua made a great speculation in another thread as to how he gained access to the shapeshifter's brain. He cut open the back of his head and gained access to the brain at that point. Then Danko used that slot to stick a knife into the back of the shapeshifter's head so that it looks like Sylar is dead.

Comment

Here's a good rule of thumb: With the exception of Peter's ability/powers, you can assume that everything else on this show is instantaneous. You will find that you will be ranting much less.

Comment

Nice theories but I think you didnt see the removed episode untold stories which had to be episode after powerless when he took power from guy who had unpunchable skin so he couldnt cut his head of so he took his brain from him through his mouth

I realy dont think that he used emphacy because this way is boring and slow

Comment

Um... That's impenetrable skin, but you could still punch him though. And there was a character on the show who did have this power--the Hatian's brother. He's still alive and is currently on the photo array in Building 26. As Sylar once said to Peter, "Interesting--I can't wait to try that one!"

Comment

Originally posted by Litle bit more bizarre
                  Nice theories but I think you didnt see the removed episode untold stories which had to be episode after powerless when he took power from guy who had unpunchable skin so he couldnt cut his head of so he took his brain from him through his mouth

I realy dont think that he used emphacy because this way is boring and slow

i saw that too, and from what i figured he pulled his brain out from his nose, i mean the egypians did it, so why not sylar,i think they cut out that scene witht he impenetrable skin becuase then you cant shoot him in the head

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom X
                    i saw that too, and from what i figured he pulled his brain out from his nose, i mean the egypians did it, so why not sylar,i think they cut out that scene witht he impenetrable skin becuase then you cant shoot him in the head
                    I think you are right because if he have both I mean regeneration and skin than he will become unstopable

Comment

When he took Claire apart, he was only interested in one part near the back of her brain. I'm guessing the knife covered up any sign of Sylar's brain entry. So he makes a small knife sized hole/incision in the back of the head... takes what he needs.. and then jams said knife into brain.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎