No announcement yet.

For the last time...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the last time...

In "Arctic" Lex never got the chance to completely use the Device that could have controlled Clark simply because Jor El in "Abyss" stated that he reprogrammed the Fortress to selfdestruct and took away Clark's powers if he became a danger to the planet. So all of you guys who think that Clark in "Odyssey" was powerless because of the Device are WRONG.

You're Right. After watching "Abyss" and listening to the conversation between Clark and the FoS, that's what I understood about what had happened in "Arctic", too. Since that 'purplish' Globe that Lex had discovered, which was supposed to be a Defense against a destructive Kryptonian on Earth, was lost when the Fos self-destructed, maybe a new search should begin specifically to find that 'globe'. It seems that Doomsday was the 'Something Horrible' that was 'coming' that Lionel was being so hysterical about when he was trying to warn Clark and Chloe in S7's "Veritas". That purplish globe was most likely meant to Stop Doomsday, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyville
      In "Arctic" Lex never got the chance to completely use the Device that could have controlled Clark simply because Jor El in "Abyss" stated that he reprogrammed the Fortress to selfdestruct and took away Clark's powers if he became a danger to the planet. So all of you guys who think that Clark in "Odyssey" was powerless because of the Device are WRONG.
      But he WASN'T a danger to the planet.

Comment

Hmm... Interesting point. I don't know what to make of that. But Imzadia, it would be quite intriguing if the purple globe would be as effective against Doomsday. Might be something worth searching for, you think?

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

Tess would be the most likely to find the purple globe I think. If the writers are on top of things, maybe they could use that against Doomsday. Although, maybe the orb is specially programmed to work with Clark's DNA...

Comment

Originally posted by Fridaythe13Jason
            But he WASN'T a danger to the planet.
            That's why I can't stand season 7. They never explained who created that orb or what it even was. I suspected it was the Eradicator, but we never got any confirmation. Had we been given the story on its creation, then maybe we would have understood more, like why they thought Clark could go bad. Though I think Apocalypse showed how Kara serving Lex is proof that a Kryptonian could be used against humanity.

My biggest complaint was the butchering of the plots of seasons 2 & 3 regarding Naman [SPOILER](which will be butchered more in Eternal)[/SPOILER] and of Lionel's motives for taking the trip to Smallville on the day the meteors fell. There's no way he could have known that Clark would have arrived that day. Not even Virgil Swann knew that.

Comment

The Veritas storyline, remember, was horribly thrown together last minute. Doesn't surprise me that there is some plot holes. The arc was only supposed to go through two three episodes, and end with Veritas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilidan
                The Veritas storyline, remember, was horribly thrown together last minute. Doesn't surprise me that there is some plot holes. The arc was only supposed to go through two three episodes, and end with Veritas.
                Unfortunately it will be rearing its ugly head again. Check out the Eternal director's cut at the CW site.

Comment

i think so but if the device showed a map to the fortress that means jor-el wanted to kill himself in a way

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎