No announcement yet.

5 years gone

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 years gone

the future is shaping into it i think they made it all extra dramatic when sylar killed the shape shifter cause they know it was a big deal so he can pretend to be president like he was in 5 years gone

I thought the same thing when they introduced the shape shifter to us and could definitely see Sylar as President in the future. And by the way great pun... intentional or not:
    Originally posted by Dpyro
    the future is shaping into it

Comment

Actually, the scenario in Five Years Gone should have been averted because Peter didn't blow up New York. That was the reason why all the specials were being rounded up then.

Comment

Originally posted by CompanyMan
        Actually, the scenario in Five Years Gone should have been averted because Peter didn't blow up New York. That was the reason why all the specials were being rounded up then.
        Well it obviously wouldn't be the exact same but it could still have the same basic outline (example: Sylar = president Hiro & Peter = "Terrorists" Noah = Helping non threatening specials)

Comment

Originally posted by CompanyMan
          That's exactly what I thought to when they introduced the shapeshifter. In five years gone Nathan (Sylar) was president and it was caused by New York being blown up but remember In Matt's Painting DC was being blown up and I don't think Matt could've caused that explosion so maybe it is shaping up to FIVE YEARS GONE. That would also have to mean Danko hasn't exploited Nathan to the world and he can still have the influence over the world

Comment

Not really. Nathan in fact has been succesfully kicked out of the operation and replaced by Danko. I'm assuming it means his days as a senator are over. That's twice that he's lost a political position so he can kiss the presidency good-bye.

Yeah, there are parallels. I see them too. But I think it's just a way of saying that what will happen will happen no matter how you try to change the future.

Comment

even though things are not going the way the originally were intended, it appears certain things are still going to turn out the same. certain events can not be avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by hellnback
                certain events can not be avoided.

Daphne dying.

I hope Ando doesn't croak too..

Comment

Could anyone explain how Sylar got the shape shifter's power since Danko did not want Sylar slicing open the shape shifter's head to get at his brain. I think Arthur taught him how to get his powers through empathic mimcricy but I couldn't see Sylar as utilizing that, or did he? I feel like the episode was kind of vague on that part.

Comment

I think they are supposed to think we were smart enuff to figure that out. I just assumed that he took it empathiclly. I still don't understand why he has the empath power anyhow. He isn't a patrelli or is he? the sister could be like clair and Sampson didn't know it and sliced her and tossed her out but then she healed?

Comment

he learned the empathic mim. in the episode where him and that electric girl, wats her name? forgot, made out in the cell while they were imprisoned by Arthur.
                      Maybe hes perfected it, he never uses it because he likes being violent taking the power by cutting open the foreheads....

Comment

Originally posted by LOONEY
                        I still don't understand why he has the empath power anyhow. He isn't a patrelli or is he?
                        His real father, Lionel Luthor (I forget the character's actual name), was an empath, so he inherited the ability from him.

Comment

Originally posted by tglass1976
                          His real father, Lionel Luthor (I forget the character's actual name), was an empath, so he inherited the ability from him.
                          Acutally, both Samson and Sylar's original ability was intuitive aptitude. All that means is that they have an excellent knowledge of how things work. They both used that to find out how an abiltiy works and how to transfer the ability to them.

Comment

WOW SYLAR IS TOO STRONG NOW. Okay first off he somehow has a NEW power something like Teleportation it's the only way he could have got to the taxi to the top of a building in a mere second. They never even showed him having that power so they need to explain hopefully because that power with all the powers Sylar have now is going to be very hard to beat. I.E Hiro and Peter will have like no chance especially with shape shifting now. At first I thought Sylar took out the brain through the nasal cavity from the mouth like he did in one of those unair epsidoes hence you don't have to cut open the head since I thought that would make sense why that guy was screaming as in he was going to die. But looks like Sylar really did master his empathy skill which is lame because I thought that power works only if he helped someone cope with something and get a better understanding of them which is more empathy than the type of empathy Peter power used to have. Anywho to stay on topic who knows what Sylar wants, he made it clear that Danko doesn't even konw what he wants. Is it power/abilities, to be the only one special, take up challenges in life, all the above, or something else? This season there were countless times where Sylar could have a new ability but didn't take it so I'm not sure being President would be a challenge he would want to accomplish as it would really do nothing anymore at this point.

Comment

Well first off, we've always known either during an episode or in a GN when Sylar aquires a new ability. The writers have never kept us out of the dark in that aspect. Now all of a sudden he uses an ability we didn't know he had. I find that to be a bit unsettling.

And how Sylar took the shapeshifting abiltiy remains unexplained. All I know is that his victim was scared out of his wits, so I don't think Sylar took the ability the same way he took Elle's ability. Obviously the victim was feeling something...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎