No announcement yet.

#2-18 "Chuck vs the Broken Heart"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by closetclana
    Did General Beckman just give Chuck and Sarah the permission to have a relationship???? Is that how you interpret what she said?
    i think so.

Comment

am i the only one that wanted to slap that 49b girl? the character itself.
      overall a good episode. they keep getting better dont they? lol
      that last part of the episode i really did think that Chuck and Sarah would kiss. but of course we got an even better surprise- chucks dad!

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by superhippie2000
      i think so.
      yes, yes she did. thats how i see it
      Last edited by joyce20; 03-31-2009, 12:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I think sarah gives up to easy... whereas chuck and even casey in this episode were willing to fight more to keep her around. However, I do think she will be more into developing a personal life from this point forward. Season 3 c'mon!!!!

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by joyce20
        am i the only one that wanted to slap that 49b girl? the character itself.
        overall a good episode. they keep getting better dont they? lol
        that last part of the episode i really did think that Chuck and Sarah would kiss. but of course we got an even better surprise- chucks dad!

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

yes, yes she did. thats how i see it
        I totally did want to slap her although I'm a dude...and she is a special agent...maybe a drive-by slapping.
        Last edited by PokaPlaya; 04-01-2009, 06:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by PokaPlaya
          I think sarah gives up to easy... whereas chuck and even casey in this episode were willing to fight more to keep her around. However, I do think she will be more into developing a personal life from this point forward. Season 3 c'mon!!!!

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

I totally did want to slap her although I'm a dude...and she is a special agent...maybe a drive-by slapping.

you know i must have misread the spoilers because while i was watching the episode i thought that sarah was getting canned for real and that the 49B chick was staying for 2-3 episodes. All the more for me to get frustrated by the cold heartedness (and no regard for chuck cept that he doesnt die) of that character. I was so relieved when sarah came back into the episode and just started doing what she does best. protecting chuck!! cheyeah! lol

Comment

Originally posted by joyce20
            you know i must have misread the spoilers because while i was watching the episode i thought that sarah was getting canned for real and that the 49B chick was staying for 2-3 episodes.
            This is actually what I wish they had done with this plot. As it was, the whole story felt rushed and a bit jumpy. In 3 episodes we could have had one whole episode with Sarah gone and then she could come back in epi 3. They could have fleshed out Agent Forrest's character and perhaps explored a potential relationship between her and Casey. They could have shown Casey go through a real transformation as he realized that Sarah was the better handler for Chuck. Then Casey's declaration that Sarah was his best partner would be that much more meaningful. It would have been much more effective that way. While I thought they showed Sarah's "soul searching" pretty well in this episode, we could have even seen it more so. So the "almost kiss" at the end would have been poignant. A real turning point for Sarah and Chuck's relationship. As it is now we fans are still left to wonder.

Comment

it almost seems like they're dropping hints that devon will learn of chuck's secret at some point in the future. of course they could just be throwing us off and it'll end up with ellie finding out instead.

Comment

Did General Beckman just give Chuck and Sarah the permission to have a relationship???? Is that how you interpret what she said?
                sort of.. she doesn't condone it, but she isnt condemning them for it either.

Its kind of like, I don't approve, but it shows that it helps the operation!

Comment

This is actually what I wish they had done with this plot. As it was, the whole story felt rushed and a bit jumpy. In 3 episodes we could have had one whole episode with Sarah gone and then she could come back in epi 3. They could have fleshed out Agent Forrest's character and perhaps explored a potential relationship between her and Casey. They could have shown Casey go through a real transformation as he realized that Sarah was the better handler for Chuck. Then Casey's declaration that Sarah was his best partner would be that much more meaningful. It would have been much more effective that way. While I thought they showed Sarah's "soul searching" pretty well in this episode, we could have even seen it more so. So the "almost kiss" at the end would have been poignant. A real turning point for Sarah and Chuck's relationship. As it is now we fans are still left to wonder.

yeah that would've been good too. But isn't there like only 3-4 episodes left?
                  Since there isn't a guarantee that there will be a S3, maybe the writers are just trying to get to a certain point (where they always wanted the finale to be) just in case there isnt a S3. maybe?

Comment

No poll? I LOVED this episode! The best part was when John Casey shared how he actually feels! Sarah's the best partner he ever had...ahhhh. The Sarah/Chuck moment at the end was really good too...they almost kissed! I think this episode and the last really recaptured that good Chuck feeling, something I felt has been lacking in more recent episodes.

BUT my question, as usual, was WHERE'S ANNA? Aren't she and Morgan supposed to be living together by now??

Comment

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but overall, yes, this was a great episode. I agree; Devon is coming pretty darn close to the truth (blacking out and overhearing something about "CIA," learning the name "Charles Carmichael," almost seeing General Beckman, etc. Of course, Chuck expressed an open desire to tell Ellie about the Intersect, so basically...yeah, crazy anvils.

And Casey covering from Sarah at the end? Crazy! Still, it seemed a bit arbitrary--he seemed fairly taken with our 49-B throughout the episode, and then kind of changed positions almost instantly. Maybe it's because Forrest nearly killed Chuck. I don't know.

I missed the near-kiss, though; I didn't see it... I think I missed something!

Comment

really? you didn't see it?
                        perhaps my wishful thinking was part of the reason why it was a bit more obvious (to me, at least)

Comment

I totally saw it. I watched and rewatched that scene. They were looking at each other and Chuck leans in and Sarah gets this look in her eye - it's a totally "I'm going to kiss this guy" look. It just lasts for a second so don't blink. And then the door opens. It's totally there. No question about it.

Comment

Just rewatched it, saw it that time...guess I wasn't looking for it the first time around. Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Skaterpen357
                              I know I'm a bit late to the party, but overall, yes, this was a great episode. I agree; Devon is coming pretty darn close to the truth (blacking out and overhearing something about "CIA," learning the name "Charles Carmichael," almost seeing General Beckman, etc. Of course, Chuck expressed an open desire to tell Ellie about the Intersect, so basically...yeah, crazy anvils.

And Casey covering from Sarah at the end? Crazy! Still, it seemed a bit arbitrary--he seemed fairly taken with our 49-B throughout the episode, and then kind of changed positions almost instantly. Maybe it's because Forrest nearly killed Chuck. I don't know.

I missed the near-kiss, though; I didn't see it... I think I missed something!
                              I didn't see it as instant change. There was a point earlier in the episode where he seemed ready to say something but for some reason didn't (I'd have to rewatch to pin point that moment exactly). Yes, he was attracted to the 49-B but Sarah's a good partner - the 49-B could not fill her shoes. Also, he I think he agreed with Chuck about Sarah's feelings for Chuck enhancing her protection of him (Chuck). Anyway, it was a touching scene and a good way to flesh out the Casey character, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Violet-Shadow
                                I didn't see it as instant change. There was a point earlier in the episode where he seemed ready to say something but for some reason didn't (I'd have to rewatch to pin point that moment exactly). Yes, he was attracted to the 49-B but Sarah's a good partner - the 49-B could not fill her shoes. Also, he I think he agreed with Chuck about Sarah's feelings for Chuck enhancing her protection of him (Chuck). Anyway, it was a touching scene and a good way to flesh out the Casey character, IMO.
                                Oh no doubt. It really was great, just...unexpected. Casey's awesome, though!

(I seriously think Devon is rubbing off on my speech patterns...)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎