No announcement yet.

Open Note to Bryan Q. Miller

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbird4u
    Exactly, BM is one of the best writers in smallville history!!!
    That wasn't what I meant. I'm sure he would be a fine writer..... on another show. His 3 outings for SV, however, are not inspiring much confidence in his writing skills. Committed was the worst episode of SV since Promise, Bulletproof was uneven, and Hex was 90% unwelcome Lois worship.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentChaos
      Committed sucked, Bulletproof was 50/50, and Hex had way too much nauseating Lois worship.
      I think the writing and what the story is about are two diferent things. If you dont like a story that puts Lois as a relevant agent in Clarkīs life, its fine but a completely separate issue from BQMīs ability to write.

I think the hero of this episode was Chloe, she figured a lot of the things going on, without it being excessive as it used to be in previous seasons and she was the one that moved Clark into remembering who he was, if anyone was worshiped in this episode, it was Chloe IMO. They even gave her Supermanīs most iconic quote, basically in SV mythology its not Supermanīs quote anymore, or at least not original, its Chloeīs, if thatīs not proping Chloe then I dont know what is... I guess he needs to write romantic Chlark so he can be a good writer

Back on topic, he got me at Commited, Clark getting himself and Lois out of trouble without the need of his powers or help was awsome, I mean he did use his powers but while he was weakened by GreenK he cooked up a good plan to get the guy close enough to give him a nice headbang, I was so afraid it would be Chloe or GA coming to the rescue I was twice as excited when I saw Clark gettin himself out of trouble.
      Last edited by Kal-ed; 03-27-2009, 12:56 AM.

Comment

That wasn't what I meant. I'm sure he would be a fine writer..... on another show. His 3 outings for SV, however, are not inspiring much confidence in his writing skills. Committed was the worst episode of SV since Promise, Bulletproof was uneven, and Hex was 90% unwelcome Lois worship.
        What's this? Ahhhh, I see. Agent Chaos has become my mortal enemy....since I'm such a whimp, this does not boad well for other fans who share my passion, and (unfortunately) my gusto.

Comment

Originally posted by eas
          Dear Mr. Miller,

I have no idea if you ever check K-Site or not, but I figured it was worth a shot. I've watched three episodes written by you and I just had to let my thoughts on your writing come out.

YOU ROCK.

"Committed" was excellent. "Bulletproof" was fantastic. And "Hex" is - imo - one of the best Smallville episodes I've ever seen. (And I've seen every episode since the Pilot.)

I know you're new this season, but can you just write every single episode from now on?

You have this amazing ability to write Clark Kent in a manner that makes me want to leap into the screen and hug him. It makes me grin ear to ear, because I feel like I've just watched the man who would be Superman come to life. Welling always has the potentional to be the best incarnation of Superman EVER, and in your episodes I feel like you really make the best of that potentional. You write a strong Clark Kent who also has this sly sense of humor. You write him as a man who accepts his responsibilities without being overburdened by them. You also write him as a man who has friends who care about him and he considers that one of his strengths.

And Lois? You get Lois Lane like no other... you give Durance such awesome material to work with that she must laughing in happiness everytime she gets a script written by you. Both "Committed" and "Hex" feature a Lois Lane that is sweet and fierce at the same time. We get a glimpse into Lois's psyche and her life in a way that very few writers have touched in the series up to this point. And you do it with just the inclusion of a few lines here and there -- in a completely natural way. Who knew that Lois had weekly poker nights with cops? And, yet, it makes so much sense. And it didn't take much for you to get that point across, either. Just a quick scene - a shot here and there - and we suddenly have this whole door to Lois's opened for us. THANK YOU.

I'd go on and on... about how you also write a great Ollie. How my favorite Chloe moments this season were written by you. I'd also mention how you are great at making a story go from humorous to tense in two seconds flat. Or how you play to every character's strengths... but, I think you get the gist.

Keep doing what you're doing... can't wait to see more from you in S9!!

Sincerely, Sana

Simply brilliant! I couldn't have worded it better myself!

Comment

B.Miller, I wish CW can clone you so you can write every episode of Smallville. Your writing is really on par with Comic stuff. You definitely know Superman. Keep up the good work.

Comment

I disagree with this. Hex was a great episode for Chloe Sullivan because it established a clear and defined role for her. Chloe is the Watchtower and that is friggin' awesome! That last scene with Chloe rocked so much and I got to see my girl shining and being so confident. I hated seeing her at the beginning all depressed and wishing the life of another. By the end of the episode she was brilliant, wanting her life once again and being quite brilliant. From this Chloe fan, Brian, I say thank you! Oh, and Bulletproof is perhaps my favorite episode of the season just based on the storyline, not related to ships or character. It was just written so well and it was one of those episodes that you didn't want to be over. I also fell in love with the new characters so easily and that's a great thing! Plus, TW in a cop suit? Forget about it! BMQ you are awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-ed
                I think the writing and what the story is about are two diferent things. If you dont like a story that puts Lois as a relevant agent in Clarkīs life, its fine but a completely separate issue from BQMīs ability to write.
                Yeah I agree, that's why I can look past the last 3 minutes of Bulletproof and not blame BQM for it. I am pretty sure he didn't come up with that scene on his own, he was probably given a rough outline that needed that scene there.

Comment

Mr. Bryan Q. Millar,

You're an awesome writer. It's so rare that the script got the attention more that the other aspect of the show, seriously. I've been in so many board, and the praise for those episodes you wrote mainly goes to the writer. lol. You obviously know each character too well and you made each of them at their best. Heck, even Chloe got what the fans have been yearning for (I'm not really a fan of her being watchtower, but it's really suited her). I hope you'll write more. Keep up the great work!

Kiki

Comment

Keep it up mr Bryan Q Millar, you do a fantastic job

Comment

Thank you for writing another incredible episode, Bryan Q. Miller! The characters were all spot on, there is once again
                      continuity and another huge thank you for making me like Clark Kent again and showing appreciation for Lois Lane,the way she deserves.
                      I hope you write many more Smallville episodes in the future!

Comment

Thanks for WatchTower and all the awesome Clois. You're definitely part of the Smallville writers family. I'm always a bit dubious when a new head shows up: how can he/she handle Superman stories and embrace all this universe? You did it. Last year: Don Whitehead and Holly Henderson made a storm in the room, killing Lionel, uniting Bizarro and Brainiac... This year, you flew there, with Lois Lane.

Comment

Dear Bryan

Thank you so much for making me laugh like an idiot during Hex. I mean, has there been a funnier episode of Smallville? The episode was excellent and the characters reminded me why I love this show so much. Thank you especially for redeeming Clark from the Arc of Hell. Committed and Bulletproof are two of my favourite episodes in this season - Committed for that admission from Lois, and Bulletproof for the sight of Clark in a police uniform.

You're 3 for 3, Bryan! Hope you get to write loads for season 9, I look forward to watching more episodes that you have written.

Comment

To say that BQM's writing skills are poor based on not liking Lois (if thats the case here) isn't a good assessment IMO. I thought he did wonders for Chloe as she was the main focus of this show. Hex to me was an episode devoted to giving Chloe some direction in her life and to helping her move on from the past. I thought he handled that extremely well.

I was thrilled to see an episode that was a throwback to the days whn lighthearted episodes happened a lot more often. We've really only had 2 of those this season with committed being the other. Thank you for a job well done BQM.

Comment

i agree committed was absolute garbage imo. bulletproof i actually really liked, and hex would have been better if it was wrotten earlier in this season.

Comment

hecks yes! your rock bqm

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎