Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Note to Bryan Q. Miller

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumping on the bandwagon to say fantastic job. Hex was a fun episode and I had love for everyone! (I also loved "Committed" and "Bulletproof".) Definitely one of the better episodes of the season.

Comment

I totally agree. Mr. Miller is a breath of fresh air... All of his episodes are written beautifully. Fans should appreciate how well Mr. Miller uses actual past events are references and throws in a few cute parts.

I hope Mr. Miller gets the appreciation he deserves and more writing time... Perhaps even a nice new golden pen to write us more beautifully written Smallville episodes in Season 9.

The framed, "Lois Lane Rules to being a Reporter" is priceless! It shows great character depth and even shows us insight on the Lois and Clark Relationship... Not Many things can be said from a framed peice of paper, but Mr. Miller pulled it off just right.

I could go on and on with little things and moments, but I'll let others get a chance to share in his greatness. :-)

Comment

thank you for giving us a great episode, we're going to treasure for a long long time!

Comment

Move over Eric Clapton and Lemmy -- B Q MILLER IS GOD!

Bryan, thank you for your knowledge of these characters and displaying it so wonderfully. It is pure pleasure to watch your episodes. They all have given us hope for this incarnation of Clark Kent.

You give Welling and Durance especially the palette to display their incredible talents as actors -- whether it be drama or comedy or the transition between the two -- you and the actors bring such an vibrant life to these characters.

I thank whomever had the wisdom to hire you.

Brilliant work.

Comment

I agree, gilliang. I think he's the most on-point writer on the staff. He respects the characters, their histories and their relationships on the show, and actually understands the underlying Superman/DC mythology as well. He makes the characters shine. He writes dialogue so well, makes the show fresh with humor that it often sorely and glaringly lacks, and knows how to pace an episode tightly.

Mr. Miller, if you ever read this, thank you very much for Hex, Committed, and Bulletproof. Even when characters do some things I might disagree with (see: the ending of Bulletproof), you somehow manage to show me why they might actually react that way. These characters make sense and thrive under your pen. I really hope you're more involved with crafting Season Nine and that you write more episodes next year. My hat is off to you, sir.

Comment

Thank you! Tonight was Smallville at its best. So many great one liners. You also made Lois and Clark fans very happy and give us hope for season 9. Very much looking forward to what you will write for the show in the future.

Comment

I just prefer the action based episodes with Clark acting like Supes over the shippy ones.

Comment

Okay. I get it, it's an Open letter to Brian Miller. In that case, here's my message:

Brian,

I have LOVED your work. I never even was apart of this forum until Committed aired. That episode made me love Lois & Clark, and literally made me laugh out loud with all the (genuinely good) humor. BulletProof was engrosing, and embraced a Superman-type story in a very different, but enjoyable, way. Hex (Was it Lois that gives you the comedic juice....Cuz Oliver & Clark had hysterical lines in this as well) was great. I WISH they gave you a more critical/climactic episode because your talents run so deep you made the absolute most of a decent....address but stall type episode. I greatly look forward to your contributions in Climactic type episodes in the future because your inherent knowledge and articulate depiction of the characters shines through in every line.

Thank you!! Stick with us next year, PLEASE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AgentChaos
                    Unfortunately, he did write Hex. Which explains a lot.
                    Exactly, BM is one of the best writers in smallville history!!!

Comment

Bryan Q Miller is a fantastic writer,this episode was so much fun to watch.It was very well written like committed was.Hopefully he will write more episodes for season 9.

Comment

Brian,

I just want to say THANK YOU for recognizing that the Arc of Suck had a bad impact on Clark's character and not deciding just to pretend it didn't happen just because it would be easier to write a story that way.

If you keep writing Smallville episodes, I may find myself watching the show again on a regular basis! I've heard very good things about this episode, so Hex is the first episode I'm watching since Clark's character was killed during Power/Requiem!

Comment

Dear Bryan,

You are tremendous. You get all of the characters, you treat them with respect and you treat your audience with respect. You pay attention to the details and continuity, everything is there for a reason and has a purpose. Smallville needs to keep you, promote you and run any and all scripts by you. Hopefully you get that raise soon but right now, the clock says you deserve me.

Sincerely,
                          Miller Time.

In non-clone (Jim Rome) speak, keep up the good work!!

Comment

Thank you, Brian!

Comment

Thank you for the awesome job you did with Committed, Bulletproof, and Hex! You show a real flair for the characters and a keen insight into the comedy that helps lift this show!

Comment

Thanks for opening the thread eas.

And thank you very much for writing such amazing episodes as Committed, Bulletproof and Hex, Mr. Miller.
                                Great job!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎