Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Note to Bryan Q. Miller

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find him to be a rather mediocre writer. Such contrived setups and moments in his eps.

Comment

Originally posted by wingster55
      I find him to be a rather mediocre writer. Such contrived setups and moments in his eps.
      Mediocre is being generous.

Comment

He's anything but mediocre. He's the best writer they have on the show, hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by gilliang
          He's anything but mediocre. He's the best writer they have on the show, hands down.
          That's pretty sad if thats the case

Comment

I find Soulders and Peterson to be better. Also Geoff Johns.

Comment

Originally posted by Night_Hawk90
              That's pretty sad if thats the case
              In your opinion, not mine.

Comment

I already loved Brian Miller after Committed, and really enjoyed Bulletproof in spite of the Clana rehash at the end. Hex was beyond brilliant - if BQM wrote every episode next season I'd be a very happy girl!

Comment

Originally posted by wingster55
                  I find Soulders and Peterson to be better. Also Geoff Johns.
                  To each their own, I guess. I didn't really enjoy a lot of the episodes that they've penned. And I thought that "Legion" had a lot of holes and too much focus on Lana.

Comment

I'm happy to jump on this wagon and ride it through season 9!

3 for 3. Let's do it again!
                    Last edited by cksidekick; 03-27-2009, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Committed sucked, Bulletproof was 50/50, and Hex had way too much nauseating Lois worship.

Comment

Originally posted by eas
                        Dear Mr. Miller,

I have no idea if you ever check K-Site or not, but I figured it was worth a shot. I've watched three episodes written by you and I just had to let my thoughts on your writing come out.

YOU ROCK.

"Committed" was excellent. "Bulletproof" was fantastic. And "Hex" is - imo - one of the best Smallville episodes I've ever seen. (And I've seen every episode since the Pilot.)

I know you're new this season, but can you just write every single episode from now on?

You have this amazing ability to write Clark Kent in a manner that makes me want to leap into the screen and hug him. It makes me grin ear to ear, because I feel like I've just watched the man who would be Superman come to life. Welling always has the potentional to be the best incarnation of Superman EVER, and in your episodes I feel like you really make the best of that potentional. You write a strong Clark Kent who also has this sly sense of humor. You write him as a man who accepts his responsibilities without being overburdened by them. You also write him as a man who has friends who care about him and he considers that one of his strengths.

And Lois? You get Lois Lane like no other... you give Durance such awesome material to work with that she must laughing in happiness everytime she gets a script written by you. Both "Committed" and "Hex" feature a Lois Lane that is sweet and fierce at the same time. We get a glimpse into Lois's psyche and her life in a way that very few writers have touched in the series up to this point. And you do it with just the inclusion of a few lines here and there -- in a completely natural way. Who knew that Lois had weekly poker nights with cops? And, yet, it makes so much sense. And it didn't take much for you to get that point across, either. Just a quick scene - a shot here and there - and we suddenly have this whole door to Lois's opened for us. THANK YOU.

I'd go on and on... about how you also write a great Ollie. How my favorite Chloe moments this season were written by you. I'd also mention how you are great at making a story go from humorous to tense in two seconds flat. Or how you play to every character's strengths... but, I think you get the gist.

Keep doing what you're doing... can't wait to see more from you in S9!!

Sincerely, Sana
                        ITA!

You rocked in Committed and was fabulous in Hex.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

I completely agree with everything eas said.

His writing style is so unique and all of the characters grow in one way or another by the end of the episode.

Comment

Great Job! Three very well written episodes and I'm looking forward to seeing more. I love the way you write Clark and Lois. Keep up the good work

Comment

Yea i agree his episodes so far this yr have been very good episodes. He does seem to write the characters well. I hope they keep him on board the writing staff for season 9.

Comment

Hex was my own personal paradise. :P
                                just like Committed! Lois and Clark together it's just perfection.

keep up the good work!.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎