Open Note to Bryan Q. Miller

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Note to Bryan Q. Miller

Dear Mr. Miller,

I have no idea if you ever check K-Site or not, but I figured it was worth a shot. I've watched three episodes written by you and I just had to let my thoughts on your writing come out.

YOU ROCK.

"Committed" was excellent. "Bulletproof" was fantastic. And "Hex" is - imo - one of the best Smallville episodes I've ever seen. (And I've seen every episode since the Pilot.)

I know you're new this season, but can you just write every single episode from now on?

You have this amazing ability to write Clark Kent in a manner that makes me want to leap into the screen and hug him. It makes me grin ear to ear, because I feel like I've just watched the man who would be Superman come to life. Welling always has the potentional to be the best incarnation of Superman EVER, and in your episodes I feel like you really make the best of that potentional. You write a strong Clark Kent who also has this sly sense of humor. You write him as a man who accepts his responsibilities without being overburdened by them. You also write him as a man who has friends who care about him and he considers that one of his strengths.

And Lois? You get Lois Lane like no other... you give Durance such awesome material to work with that she must laughing in happiness everytime she gets a script written by you. Both "Committed" and "Hex" feature a Lois Lane that is sweet and fierce at the same time. We get a glimpse into Lois's psyche and her life in a way that very few writers have touched in the series up to this point. And you do it with just the inclusion of a few lines here and there -- in a completely natural way. Who knew that Lois had weekly poker nights with cops? And, yet, it makes so much sense. And it didn't take much for you to get that point across, either. Just a quick scene - a shot here and there - and we suddenly have this whole door to Lois's opened for us. THANK YOU.

I'd go on and on... about how you also write a great Ollie. How my favorite Chloe moments this season were written by you. I'd also mention how you are great at making a story go from humorous to tense in two seconds flat. Or how you play to every character's strengths... but, I think you get the gist.

Keep doing what you're doing... can't wait to see more from you in S9!!

Sincerely, Sana

I have to agree, B.Q. Miller is 3 for 3 in my books(I even forgive him for the crappy ending in Bulletproof because I thought the rest of the episode was a very strong Clark episode).

Here is hoping he gets to write more episodes next year, I am guessing unlike most the people on the writing staff he's actually picked up a comic book. Hell with S&S gone promote him to Executive Producer.
    Last edited by Supsfan; 03-26-2009, 06:39 PM.

Comment

You rock bqm!!!

Comment

I would really like to echo this sentiment. Committed is my favorite episode not just out of the entire season but possibly out of the entire series. It was so well written and it portrayed Lois and Clark flawlessly, the way that I always envision them when reading Superman comics. I was a bit apprehensive about the concept of "Hex" but after watching it I realize that I had no reason to worry. The episode was handled wonderfully. You remained respectful and yet did not hesitate to lay down the truth of the series. You clarified who each character is and defined them in a positive light. You even made me like Chloe Sullivan again and I haven't liked her in nearly two seasons! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with the Smallville fandom. I hope to watch more of your episodes.

Comment

I echo these sentiments B.Q.! Any chance you could write ALL 22 EPISODES in Season 9? Could you also get PS3 to stop being morons?

Comment

I second all that. Seriously, I'm floored by how amazing this episode was.

Comment

^ITA!!

Comment

I agree 100%. Bryan, you did an amazing job! Keep up the phenomenal work!

Comment

Could NOT AGREE MORE. Seriously BQM - let us know what it takes to get you hired to write MORE for SMALLVILLE!!! Where have you been all this time?

THE WORLD NEEDS YOU!!!

Comment

Oh, he did write this. I wish he was writing Stilleto. The funny was up to Committed level right off the bat. I love the funny that he brings.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbrenton
                      No, Brian Miller didn't write Hex. He's writing stilletto. Which makes his 3 episodes Committed, bulletProof, and Stilletto.

I am going to check now to see if I'm wrong.
                      Unfortunately, he did write Hex. Which explains a lot.

Comment

i am 100% agree with Sana.... This episode was the most enjoyably, funny in smallville serie... In this Tom could show us a very amazing actoral -comedian work... great job

Comment

Originally posted by davidbrenton
                          No, Brian Miller didn't write Hex. He's writing stilletto. Which makes his 3 episodes Committed, bulletProof, and Stilletto.

I am going to check now to see if I'm wrong.
                          Caroline Dries wrote Stiletto

Comment

This episode might be my favorite of the season.

A fabulous job, chock full of continuity, little glimpses / mentions that progressed characters and relationships so far without needing to dwell on them, and terrific dialogue.

Excellent!

Comment

You rock dude, keep doing what you doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎