Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Clark moved on?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't mean she never goes on dates, just so you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by myankskent
      I think that Clark is starting to move on, but how he is doing it really frustrates me. TPTB seem to be indicating that since Clark can't have what he wanted first, since he can't change the past, he's going to look ahead to the future. That's just not good enough for me.

he could have changed the past, he chose not to, he even destroyed the ring...he didn't HAVE to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dresden
        But that's how life works sometimes. You don't always have a choice in what you leave behind. And sometimes even if leaving something behind seems like something terrible, like a punishment or a curse later on you can see that it was actually a blessing.

I remember having to leave college my second semester of my third year to tend to my sick father. At that point I was in a pre-medical program and had already been accepted into a medical school (granted my GPA remained high and I followed a few other requirements). When my father became sick I had to not only drop out of college but I had to quit the program and pretty much say goodbye to something I had worked on so hard for not just college but throughout high school too. I was upset and held resentment for a long time. I stayed out of school for two years until my father sadly passed away. Then I returned to college and I realized that I was not interested in the medical field anymore. While tending for my father I began tutoring children at a small daycare near my neighborhood to make a few extra dollars and the teaching bug bit me. I became an education major when I returned to college and then became a science teacher. Five years later, I'm a lead teacher at a great high school and I've never been happier. I'm also married (my wife is the director of the special education services at my school district) and I have two one year old twin boys. My point is that things sometimes change for a reason. I think Clark's future will be a lot brighter than he may imagine right now.
        Great post....if there is one constant in Life....its the fact that its always changing....and events happens to us sometimes..that we have no say or control over...we just try our best..to accept them... and move on with our lifes...and thats what Clark is doing..in regards to Lana.....

While I understand how some fans have a hard time accepting the fact that CK has moved on from Lana..... I dont have any trouble...seeing CK developing feelings for Lois...they have been teasing & flirting with one another for years...and CK has come to Lois' rescue....physically & emotionally...more than once.....so..its not surprising...when Lois said in Bride to Oliver..that her feelings for CK..just ...."snuck up on her".....

Same goes for CK....hes just slowly...wakening up to the fact..that the woman of his dreams & future wife....was right there in front of his eyes...all along...he just didnt see her....until now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big O
          Great post....if there is one constant in Life....its the fact that its always changing....and events happens to us sometimes..that we have no say or control over...we just try our best..to accept them... and move on with our lifes...and thats what Clark is doing..in regards to Lana.....

While I understand how some fans have a hard time accepting the fact that CK has moved on from Lana..... I dont have any trouble...seeing CK developing feelings for Lois...they have been teasing & flirting with one another for years...and CK has come to Lois' rescue....physically & emotionally...more than once.....so..its not surprising...when Lois said in Bride to Oliver..that her feelings for CK..just ...."snuck up on her".....

Same goes for CK....hes just slowly...wakening up to the fact..that the woman of his dreams & future wife....was right there in front of his eyes...all along...he just didnt see her....until now.
          You make a very, very valid argument here. Just because circumstances pulled Clark and Lana apart, it doesn't mean that Clark cannot move on. He's determined to put it behind him and maybe learn from his mistakes. I think he's getting very interested in Lois for mature reasons that never entered into his feelings for Lana.

The one thing that irritates me with the ongoing presentation of Lois is that she poured her guts out to Clark about Oliver Queen when she was in love with him and that's when the comment about her being like a pitbull on a pantleg was said. So she'll spill her guts to Clark about her feelings for Ollie, spill her guts to Ollie about how she feels about Clark (Bride), but won't say how she feels to Clark's face. Maybe it's the safety of not being rejected by a friend. It's just peculiar to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack-El49
            The one thing that irritates me with the ongoing presentation of Lois is that she poured her guts out to Clark about Oliver Queen when she was in love with him and that's when the comment about her being like a pitbull on a pantleg was said. So she'll spill her guts to Clark about her feelings for Ollie, spill her guts to Ollie about how she feels about Clark (Bride), but won't say how she feels to Clark's face. Maybe it's the safety of not being rejected by a friend. It's just peculiar to me.
            My take on this is that had Clark turned up for the coffee date in "Infamous", they could have talked about it and Lois may have well told all. But Clark didn't turn up, so I guess she thought he doesn't want to talk about it. You're right, after feeling rejected in Bride and Infamous, a third time might be too much, unless Clark shows her a clear sign he's willing to broach the topic. I just think there are two sides to this story. JMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by myankskent
              Exactly. There was no doubt in my mind that Clark was going to move on after the Clana arc. Like you said, it happened at the start of season 8 but is Clark moving on because it is something that he wants to do or is he moving on because it is something that he is forced to do? I just don't like the fact that as soon as Lois came back into his life in "Infamous", he's only now starting to consider a relationship with her since Lana is out of the way. I appreciate the fact that TPTB aren't having Clark rush into a relationship with Lois, and I'm sure that has a lot to do with the fact that Lois isn't in every episode as well, but they're not addressing any of my concerns at this point.

I just wish...the writers had come up with....a much better & realistic..NAY....adult reason...for why CK & Lana...had to break things off.....they chose...an unoriginal...cheesy..and silly reason...that CK & Lana...could no longer be together...by having Lana....become a virtual walking/talking piece of Kryptonite.... ..

They essentially...took the descisions & reasons they might legitimately have...for no longer being a couple......away from CK & Lana...and in effect...they weakened both characters.....by choosing this safe & easy route..

How much more powerful an episode it could have been...if they would have had Clark...decide to man up...and end things with Lana....for once??

Lana was always the one it seemed...who walked away & out of Ck's life....it would have...shown real growth...on CK's part...if he gave Lana...some real reasons...he no longer saw them...growing old together.

Clark...has pretty well...been the same...personality wise...since the pilot...a really nice guy...who anybody would want & enjoy having as a friend.....but Lana...had changed 360 %...from the sweet ..& popular cheerleader ..we as fans saw..when we first met her..so...if Clark wanted a few reasons...why he didnt see himself & Lana...staying together...he had..lots to choose from.....

Alas...the writers...chickened out....and that was the wrong thing to do...cos they NEEDED...to have Clark & Lana's breakup...be much better & more realistic... to show us..CK's growth as a man & a person.....but more importantly...for the fans of SV....to realize & believe...100% and without any doubts what so ever....that CK's feelings & growing fondness & attachment to Lois....his future wife & love of his life.....look real & legitimate.....in the eyes & minds... of all of the shows fans.....and avoid..what has unfortunately happened...which is make poor Lois ...look like...CK's.. forced second choice..to a lot of fans....thats not Ck's fault...Lana's ...thats the writers & producers fault....they didnt do right...by either CK or Lana...and give the two characters...and thier romance & relantioship..which formed..a lot of the backbone...of the show....a fitting ending..

They should & easliy..could have done much better..if they had only kept their eye....on the big picture....which is the simple fact..that Superman...AKA...Clark Kent & Lois Lane...are and will forever.. be linked together....not only though marriage...but through their long history...and by giving us....that dissapointing ending to CK & Lana's relantionship...they have cheapened.......CK 's feelings for & Lois.....in some fans eyes...

I just choose....to ignore the last few episodes with Lana..lol..I think...for coming up with such poor shows...ignoring them...is a fitting "tribute"...or make that....payback.....against the writers & PS3..who dreamed them up...
              Last edited by Big O; 04-01-2009, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Please tell me you're kidding. Listen, I can understand if you're frustrated that Clark is getting a lot of flack. And he his, admittedly, but c'mon, she won't say how she feels to Clark's face.

In Infamous she poured her out onto the barn floor telling him how she feels. Of course she remembers none of this, but in the reset she invites him to coffee and he doesn't.go.over. What's the woman supposed to do? How is she going to tell him how she feels if he won't walk his butt across the street for a cup of coffee? He thinks he's got to protect his secret from her. Fine, so be it. The ball is in his court, when he's ready he'll act on his feelings or not. But it can't be Lois continuing to follow him around trying to convince him to express himself or to love her. Been there done that with Lana.

Somebody really called it. Clark dragged himself across the barn to try and get one last kiss with something that was literally poisoning him to death but he couldn't walk across the street and acknowledge the almost kiss? At least go over and say all these emotions are confusing and can we take a step back? Or simply say I'm not ready right now for a relationship. But no, nothing.

In Hex it looks like he's only beginning to entertain the idea that he might be attracted to Lois, he seemed truly shocked when Chloe mentioned how he looks at Lois all the time. So he still has things to figure out, I firmly believe that Lois is still very much is love and will continue to be despite her walls; but I just get the impression that you think she should be holed up at home, strapped down in a chair in a chastity belt with a ball cap that reads, 'Clark Woman', until he calls. We're talking about a lousy date/s with a someone who asked her out, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crouching Lurker
                  Please tell me you're kidding. Listen, I can understand if you're frustrated that Clark is getting a lot of flack. And he his, admittedly, but c'mon, she won't say how she feels to Clark's face. .
                  I'm not kidding at all, Charlotte and I'm not frustrated with Clark getting flack. If you take the time to read more than this one post, you'll see that since Infamous, I've been the one sending most of the flack in his direction.

Originally posted by Crouching Lurker
                  In Infamous she poured her out onto the barn floor telling him how she feels. Of course she remembers none of this, but in the reset she invites him to coffee and he doesn't.go.over. What's the woman supposed to do? How is she going to tell him how she feels if he won't walk his butt across the street for a cup of coffee? He thinks he's got to protect his secret from her. Fine, so be it. The ball is in his court, when he's ready he'll act on his feelings or not. But it can't be Lois continuing to follow him around trying to convince him to express himself or to love her. Been there done that with Lana.
                  Read my post-Infamous posts. When others were hailing him as being honorable and making a sacrifice by not walking across the street, I was calling him a gutless liar and a piss-poor example of a fledgling superhero who couldn't deal with facing Lois and just telling her he needed time to sort out his feelings or whatever his friggin' problem is. So don't presume that I am taking Clark's side in this debate because I absolutely do not.

However, I don't categorically believe Lois to be solely the innocent victim of Clark's insecurity. She has plenty of her own. I don't see her following him all around. I don't see her trying to convince him of anything - particularly convince him to say how he feels about her - other than asking him to meet her for coffee once.

Does Lois love him? Did she say it to anyone? She told Ollie she thought for just a moment he needed her but has she said to anyone she needs him? Listen, I'm not blaming Lois for much because i think Clark looks like an idiot in all of this but all I read is how Lois should just move on, how Lois should just go do her own thing, just ignore Clark and go out and have a good time because he's this or he's that...as though she's been so up front about being in love with him and he's just turned his back on her. She hasn't exactly been in your face obvious. So to imply that she's given it her best shot and she should move on...well, I strongly disagree if we're talking about Lois Lane and not Paris Hilton. Lois will assume the identity of a super-heroine and the inherent risks simply to draw out the RBB but shouldn't make any more effort with Clark IF she loves him?

Somebody really called it. Clark dragged himself across the barn to try and get one last kiss with something that was literally poisoning him to death but he couldn't walk across the street and acknowledge the almost kiss? At least go over and say all these emotions are confusing and can we take a step back? Or simply say I'm not ready right now for a relationship. But no, nothing.
                  I couldn't agree more Charlotte and as I said, if you'd read what i wrote after Infamous and most every post since then, I've said that showing a Clark who is constantly afraid of every friggin' thing is pathetic and rather than using his actions control events, he's letting events control his actions and that is NOT a hero in anyone's book - particularly the worlds greatest superhero.

In Hex it looks like he's only beginning to entertain the idea that he might be attracted to Lois, he seemed truly shocked when Chloe mentioned how he looks at Lois all the time. So he still has things to figure out, I firmly believe that Lois is still very much is love and will continue to be despite her walls; but I just get the impression that you think she should be holed up at home, strapped down in a chair in a chastity belt with a ball cap that reads, 'Clark Woman', until he calls. We're talking about a lousy date/s with a someone who asked her out, lol.
                  I guess that's one way of putting it. Maybe the other way of putting it is how serious are you of getting your guy if you really won't say anything to him and when he doesn't catch on to all your inferences, you give up?

How is Clark supposed to realize that Lois has feelings for him if she's out dating other guys? Wasn't it Lois who once mentioned burying your heartache in your work? Would Clark expect she is heartbroken if she's out dating random guys from an airplane trip?

The true frustration, to be told Charlotte, is that this push-pull type writing serves only one purpose - to delay, stall and string along the audience. We saw it for 7 years between Clark and Lana and to me, it appears we're going to see it until time runs out between Clark and Lois and that IS NOT the way Clois should be written. Clois should be shown to be different than Clark and Lois' other relationships.

THAT is the real frustration because the writers never even had to go down this road if they did not intend showing a romantic relationship between Lois and Clark. They could have kept it platonic. But instead, they get the audience (those who like the idea) amped up for romance and they constantly deny the viewers any payoff because they think in doing so they will soon thereafter lose the audience and they will run out of interesting things to write about. So instead, they manipulate interest based on inferences, based on teasers, and based on spoilers that never quite pan out and we end up saying, "well, next week it's bound to happen because it says so in the spoilers".

Kind of like that flying ability.
                  Last edited by Jack-El49; 04-02-2009, 07:05 AM.

Comment

I'm not kidding at all, Charlotte and I'm not frustrated with Clark getting flack. If you take the time to read more than this one post, you'll see that since Infamous, I've been the one sending most of the flack in his direction.

Read my post-Infamous posts. When others were hailing him as being honorable and making a sacrifice by not walking across the street, I was calling him a gutless liar and a piss-poor example of a fledgling superhero who couldn't deal with facing Lois and just telling her he needed time to sort out his feelings or whatever his friggin' problem is. So don't presume that I am taking Clark's side in this debate because I absolutely do not.
                    I have been reading your posts, Jack. I think the comments in particular that made me do a double take; and I didn’t respond to them because I really can’t take the time when I’m working, is the idea that Lois shouldn’t be allow to go on a date or those who believe in this iconic love affair of Clois shouldn’t be rooting for Lois to date other people.

Lois' date with the guy she met on her flight

Originally posted by Jack-El49
                    If you believe this to be then iconic love affair, then you should not be rooting for Lois to date other guys; for her to seek a consolation prize when her soul mate is right before her eyes and she SHOULD feel it.
                    There were other things too, but that’s my basic gripe. Couple that with the Lois won’t tell Clark how she feels to his face, thing, and it’s left me scratching my head. This woman is young, single, attractive and yes unattached. I have no problems with her going out for a night of dinner and dancing, with a man who’s actually motivated enough to ask her. I’d rather her be doing that than playing head games with Clark. If she says she had a date, I believe her. Now if by some happy accident it makes Clark jealous, nobody has a muzzle on him, there’s something he can do about it. But I’ve got no reason to doubt that some one asked her out on a date and that she would accept. She’s a beautiful, smart woman; not the hunchback of Notre Dame.

However, I don't categorically believe Lois to be solely the innocent victim of Clark's insecurity. She has plenty of her own. I don't see her following him all around. I don't see her trying to convince him of anything - particularly convince him to say how he feels about her –other than asking him to meet her for coffee once.
                    I don’t believe Lois is a victim either, Jack, for me it’s not about victims or blaming. As far as her insecurities, we all talk about that all the time, she’s got plenty, that’s no surprise. Which is why inviting him for coffee is pretty darn huge, IMO, especially since the AoS is still hanging out there. I’m sure we’re all pretty tired of hearing about it; but when we’re discussing the topic of love, moving on, commitment and pursuit, I think the AoS has to be a part of the conversation. How does the AoS factor into what has happened up to this point; and how that might inform her mindset? A wave of the ‘Cheers to that’ wand isn’t going to wipe that away, because how much time has gone by since P/R? That’s why I’m looking so intently at this from Lois’ POV. What does she think about the events of Bride and the weeks following when she was gone, but Lana was in town? At the end of the day, the show is about Clark and his journey, which includes his track record until now.

And what is his track record? Well, during the entire time Smallville has been on the air, he’s been all about Lana. And that certainly holds true since Lois showed up. Lois knows he’s been all about Lana and has always acknowledged this; she even went so far as to say in Siren that she and Ollie weren’t like him and Lana, “we’re not the perfect couple; we’re not destined for each other”. Even though they were a “secret and lies” disaster, Lois doesn’t know that. From the outside looking in, Lois always saw them as people destined to be together and would, in her own words, graduate high school, get married and have a couple of little Clarks running around. She even tried to make him snap out of his Lana funk and encourage him to try another “flavor” in Instinct. It has been a constant presence throughout the entire time they’ve known each other.

She also knows Chloe’s history with Clark and the feelings she had for him. And in all the years of pining, hoping, trying to convince, hanging around in his orbit as his BFF, waiting patiently, has gotten her…nothing, zero. Not in the way of romantic love, it is unrequited love. It’s produced a very nice platonic friendship, but that’s it. So why would Lois think that the outcome would be any different for her? What frame of reference would she have to go by? Remember, Chloe had been head over heels in love with him too, but he’s was still all about Lana. This is Pre-AoS. Lana disappears. Can life go on without Lana…

So here comes Bride. They’re dancing, swept up in the moment, they lower their walls. Clark takes the lead and pulls her in for a dance. Love it! Sexy, self-assured, she rolls her eyes nervously, she’s clearly thrown her off her game; but gives in to his advances and allows herself to be guided to him for a dance. squee They’re dancing, she gets bumped into him, their eyes meet, loads of eye communication, then mutually, because that’s how I saw it, it was a mutual almost kiss, they start moving in. In that moment they were on the same page; they both wanted it. Then lo and behold who walks in? Let me just say, I don’t blame Clark at all for his reaction and turning away from Lois; he was in shock and couldn’t believe his eyes, he had no warning she was going to show back up. But the look on Lois’s face said it all, she knew he was right back in Lanaville; and in the span of a nanosecond Lois slipped right off his radar. So what was she going to do, challenge Lana to a duel and have a cat-fight over Clark? Play emotional games with him to try and recapture his attention from Lana? Chase him around declaring her love, a Fever letter perhaps? No, she did what anyone with any sense would do who thinks the other person is not over their ex, she walked away from the situation and gave him his space so he could work it out. But did she move on, no, she waited and waited and got what? Three 10-second calls from him the entire time she was gone?

Does Lois love him? Did she say it to anyone? She told Ollie she thought for just a moment he needed her but has she said to anyone she needs him?
                    Does she love him as in, kryptonite poisoning bring you to your knees love? No, I think she’s in that kind of love, at this stage. But I think she is recognizing that she’s developing some very real feelings for him as expressed in the barn scene. You don’t think he understand the feelings she was conveying? He even told her he got it. And I believe him, he understood; but he made the choice, for what ever reason, that she wasn’t important enough, yet, to go to that next step.

And actually she did tell Clark in Siren how it felt to be left behind because of not being important enough to that other person, because of their greater calling, even her own father left her behind. And yet, she sucked up her fears and was willing to take a chance on Clark when she found out his secret.

Clark: Lois you don’t have to explain, I get it.

Lois: No, you don’t. How can someone with x-ray vision be so (friggin’) blind? I’ve been down the hero road before and every time I made a giant U-turn. But this…this was different.

Clark deflecting: And this time it will be different, Lois, when I do this no one’s going to remember who I am.

Lois: And when you hit your reset button, you’re not going to tell me your secret, are you?

Clark rejecting: I’m sorry.

Lois: That’s okay. Why should I think I’m special? Clark, I understand.

Clark: Lois, you don’t understand, it’s because:
                    a) You are special
                    b) You are special
                    c) You are special
                    d) You are special

She doesn’t remember the conversation, but I do. So can I root for Smallville Clois at this point in time? Well, believe it or not yes I can; even though I really have no idea what, “you are special” means because it’s such a vague expression. She’s special, but not special enough to pursue a relationship with? I dunno. But I’m still a sucker for all this so I’m hoping, praying Clark will meet Lois for coffee in the reset, so they can talk this out and express their mutual feelings again (in this timeline) face-to-face. *crickets*

You and I have agreed that was lame on his part; but I’m rehashing all that because it illustrates why I feel Clark needs to be the one convincing and pursuing Lois, at least for a short time, not indefinitely. Because of that long history of sniffing after Lana (See Power and Requiem on a TV screen near you), I don’t think Lois has got anything else to prove at this particular point in time. And Clark doesn’t seem to mind anyway. While I certainly don’t want him in the barn wallowing in self-pity, when Lois isn’t around he doesn’t seem to give a care one way or another; her name is never even mentioned. The end of their last scene in Hex pretty much summed up the state of their relationship.

He asks her if she’s planning a big night, she didn’t bring the subject up, he did. But she responds, she has a date.

He says, *meep*

Lois: so what are your plans?

Clark: hanging around here blah, blah…you want me to call you if something unimportant comes up? (Good overture! But now you have to explain reason why you’d want to interrupt her date. Still, major props for Clark)

Lois: You mean if you want to stand me up again?- Ouch, now that was little harsh on her part, I admit, since she lied and told him she couldn’t make it either. But, it was a verbal challenge to prove that he actually gives a damn.

Clark: Lois that was a mis…

Lois: You’re right that was a mistake; let’s call this whole close proximity spark off. Back to basics. (Even though she cut him off, the door of opportunity is still wide open here)

Clark: No, Lois, I want to talk about this. Oops, wait, my hopes got ahead of me. He says, “Sure, that sounds like a good rule.”

Lois: , then adds, you should add that to the list.

Clark:

And with that I guess we’re done here. See ya in September; because that’s the state of the relationship. It’s on hold. So in the mean time, I want Lois to go out on this date or others if she’s asked, get to work looking for RBB for her story, keep herself busy at the DP and stay out of Clark’s way until he can figure out what he wants and how he’s going to juggle that with his secret.

Listen, I'm not blaming Lois for much because i think Clark looks like an idiot in all of this but all I read is how Lois should just move on, how Lois should just go do her own thing, just ignore Clark and go out and have a good time because he's this or he's that...as though she's been so up front about being in love with him and he's just turned his back on her. She hasn't exactly been in your face obvious. So to imply that she's given it her best shot and she should move on...well, I strongly disagree if we're talking about Lois Lane and not Paris Hilton. Lois will assume the identity of a super-heroine and the inherent risks simply to draw out the RBB but shouldn't make any more effort with Clark IF she loves him?
                    I don’t blame Lois either, or Clark for that matter, Jack, I just think based on Clark’s reaction to every single thing that confronts him, that he still needs more time to sort things out between his secret and fitting that in with a relationship. I thought after all these years, he was there. But apparently he isn’t or he wouldn’t be so bugged out about telling Lois his secret and/or pursuing a relationship with her. Lois doesn’t need to chase a man-child around and the last thing he needs is someone pressuring him if he’s not ready. JMO

From where I’m sitting, Clark is the one holding all the cards in this little poker game of theirs:

1. He knows he’s got this secret that he’s allowing to hold him back
                    2. He knows what happened when Lana returned and the affect she had on him, even to the point of pledging his undying love to her
                    3. He knows what Lois said to him in Infamous in that barn
                    4. He knows she was there at the Café to talk things over

Therefore, the onus is on him to make the effort to resolve those things, IMO, not Lois. This is his journey from childhood to manhood. And in the larger scheme of things, it’s not even about Clois, that’s only a facet of it, that’s why this show will never be L&C. He must decide what he wants his life to become; how he wants to use these gifts to help others and how a personal life might fit into that, if he so chooses it. It means he has to decide to become proactive instead of reacting to things around him. Lois doesn’t have anything to prove. We’ve been watching Clark since Pilot, not her. He has to show how he’s different from the confused alien boy we met in the series premiere.

I guess that's one way of putting it. Maybe the other way of putting it is how serious are you of getting your guy if you really won't say anything to him and when he doesn't catch on to all your inferences, you give up?
                    Or better yet, how serious are you about getting your woman when you mutter, Lois is so… Chloe: Lois? Clark: Yeah. Then 5 minutes later you’re destroying your parent’s antique bed banging your ex? He needs to catch on to what’s going on in his own brain, not to mention his very own actions, first.

How is Clark supposed to realize that Lois has feelings for him if she's out dating other guys? Wasn't it Lois who once mentioned burying your heartache in your work? Would Clark expect she is heartbroken if she's out dating random guys from an airplane trip?
                    You know what? He’ll figure it out when he’s ready. How many times has he barged into the Luthor Mansion past security just to talk to Lex? Or blurred into the Talon apartment uninvited and w/o warning to get something from Chloe? He even managed to kidnap Lana from her own engagement party to make her talk to him, yeah his bravado was provided to him courtesy of Red-K, but it didn’t change who he is. He knows how to speak up or get things done when he sets his mind to it. And he’ll know how find Lois when he’s ready. He’s “lobbed grenades” into her other relationships during a time described by some as a brother-sister relationship. When he wants her, he’ll let her know in clear, easy to understand English, or a passionate kiss.

The real question is has Clark moved on? I don’t think he has, Jack; he’s only beginning to do so and until he has completely moved on, those questions you asked are moot because at this point he doesn’t belong in any romantic relationship, IMO. That doesn’t mean Lois or he should have to stay at home moping/pining. He shouldn’t be moping anyway; he needs to be getting in shape and doing his homework so he can square off with Doomsday. He’s got plenty of other things to do right now. They will find their way to each other eventually, they’ll get there. In time they will learn to trust and communicate with each other and appreciate why they are perfect for each other, in Season 9. *crosses fingers*

The true frustration, to be told Charlotte, is that this push-pull type writing serves only one purpose - to delay, stall and string along the audience. We saw it for 7 years between Clark and Lana and to me, it appears we're going to see it until time runs out between Clark and Lois and that IS NOT the way Clois should be written. Clois should be shown to be different than Clark and Lois' other relationships.
                    On that we agree, my friend. But thanks to the AoS (and the Season 9 renew) Clois has been sabotaged and now they really need to pace this relationship out so that the relationship is legit and not a rebound. This is what we got stuck with.

THAT is the real frustration because the writers never even had to go down this road if they did not intend showing a romantic relationship between Lois and Clark. They could have kept it platonic. But instead, they get the audience (those who like the idea) amped up for romance and they constantly deny the viewers any payoff because they think in doing so they will soon thereafter lose the audience and they will run out of interesting things to write about. So instead, they manipulate interest based on inferences, based on teasers, and based on spoilers that never quite pan out and we end up saying, "well, next week it's bound to happen because it says so in the spoilers". Kind of like that flying ability.
                    Yup, I agree with you, Jack, it sucks to be manipulated, but here we are. I’ve still got a front row seat on the Clois train, despite the 5 pages of pontificating, lol. I’ve just been watching the trailer for Stiletto and I’m squeeing like a fangirl over Clois. So they know how to work us. Makes me mad, but I’ll keep hanging on till the last episode of the series waiting for any, little Clois morsels they feed me. Yes, I’m pathetic, I admit it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crouching Lurker
                      Lois doesn’t need to chase a man-child around and the last thing he needs is someone pressuring him if he’s not ready. JMO

From where I’m sitting, Clark is the one holding all the cards in this little poker game of theirs:

1. He knows he’s got this secret that he’s allowing to hold him back
                      2. He knows what happened when Lana returned and the affect she had on him, even to the point of pledging his undying love to her
                      3. He knows what Lois said to him in Infamous in that barn
                      4. He knows she was there at the Café to talk things over
                      Wonderful post, Charlotte. ITA with everything you said. I would not be happy if anyone were to chase after someone who;

1. has rejected them for their ex.
                      2. may not be over their ex
                      3. did not turn up for a meeting to discuss a potentially romantic moment
                      4. has not voiced their feelings to suggest they are interested or they have moved on.

...because if they did, they're just asking for their heart to be trampled on. The ball is definitely in Clark's court. I would also like to add that apart from the near-kiss, Lois has made all the overtures.

1. She told him how she felt about him in Infamous. (AND he remembers - she doesn't) So he knows if he were to approach her unreservedly, he's unlikely to be rejected. She doesn't have that luxury.
                      2. She suggested the meeting.

From Lois' POV, she doesn't know its destiny, she doesn't know it's iconic. She's still hurt. It makes more sense that she tries to get over him. And she's trying to do it proactively. I applaud her. If Clark tries to get back on the same playing field once he's over Lana, then I'm all for it, but he has some work to do.
                      Last edited by workshyslacker; 04-03-2009, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by workshyslacker
                        Wonderful post, Charlotte. ITA with everything you said. I would not be happy if anyone were to chase after someone who;

1. has rejected them for their ex.
                        2. may not be over their ex
                        3. did not turn up for a meeting to discuss a potentially romantic moment
                        4. has not voiced their feelings to suggest they are interested or they have moved on.

...because if they did, they're just asking for their heart to be trampled on. The ball is definitely in Clark's court. I would also like to add that apart from the near-kiss, Lois has made all the overtures.
                        That's how I see it too. Again, I think Hex was a good start for Clark, at least he's not turning his nose up at the suggestion that he likes Lois being a part of his life. Hopefully we'll be shown even more in [SPOILER]Stiletto[/SPOILER].

1. She told him how she felt about him in Infamous. (AND he remembers - she doesn't) So he knows if he were to approach her unreservedly, he's unlikely to be rejected. She doesn't have that luxury.
                        2. She suggested the meeting.

From Lois' POV, she doesn't know its destiny, she doesn't know it's iconic. She's still hurt. It makes more sense that she tries to get over him. And she's trying to do it proactively. I applaud her. If Clark tries to get back on the same playing field once he's over Lana, then I'm all for it, but he has some work to do.
                        Amen!

Comment

• Of course he's started to move on! Lois is his future! And he won't give up of her ! I am sooooooo happy! Clois!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎