Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Hex?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And it was done with the trademark "S" curl in the middle of his forehead. Very symbolic, I think.

Just watched the epi again this afternoon and it really is just about the perfect episode, right down to Chloe staring down the barrel of the camera in the last shot "Watchtower is officially online".

Just awesome.

Comment

• Just watched it again and it still makes me laugh. Between Hex and Committed they are the funniest episodes of the season.

Comment

• This episode was good.Liked the plot,zatanna was tight, and it was hilarous

Comment

• good episode^^

Comment

• Yep a-ha! I really liked this episode! :3
            It had a bit of everything, performances by all was pretty mint!

Seeing CK walk the 'normal' stride again was dry IMO but Lois Lane stole the show for me and I like how CK and Lois are slowly making advancements with their chemistry for eachother and I like that

Always good to see Oli do a thing or two in the episode. No Jimmy, No Davis... prolly a good thing for now. A fresh episode all round, got my 9.5/10 vote... But I chalked it up to a 10/10

Comment

• Hugely entertaining episode, and probably the high point of the second half of season 8.

How brilliant is Tom when Clark 'forgets' he has superpowers? The 911 phone call, the rubbishing of Chloe-in-Lois' theory about magic spells, the pride in the framed rules of reporting, the insistence that he has no powers, the determination to make his reporting deadline, the logical reasoning behind every apparently strange occurrence (the broken door handle and the acoustics on the roof) and the fear of getting hurt with a pipe. All are played to absolute perfection and it's a joy to watch. Even more so when playing against Chloe-in-Lois' mounting frustration.

Zatanna and Oliver work well off each other, with her powers and quiet confidence wearing down his cockiness. He doesn't take too kindly to being emasculated but doesn't hold it against her.

The DP scene has a nice nod with a reversal of the squeaky chair scene in Odyssey, and Lois' 'tan' looks ridiculous. Still, sparks fly when those two are together and it's Lois who wins out and walks away this time while Clark looks on, wondering.

Finally, it's nice that Chloe gets to realise she has enough about her not to be envious of others, and that she still has an important role to play. Taking charge of Watchtower is a big step forward. Oliver shows that he was listening to Chloe's assertions about the state of her life at the beginning of the episode, because he's the one who gives her this opportunity at the end to see for herself that she is important and of value. Maybe that moment is the beginning of something between them which could materialise at a later date.

Comment

• Watchtower is officially online. A very entertaining episode. Thought they did a good introduction of Zatanna. If I had one problem with it, it's that they never bring up the fact that Zatanna can magically change someone's appearance in future episodes. Would've come in handy, when Clark decides on his disguise as the Blur/Superman. She could've hexed a belt or something, which causes him to look like a young Dr. Virgil Swann (or someone else), whenever he wears it.

Thought Erica gave a good performance as Chloe.

At the start of the episode, they have Oliver and Chloe talking about Clark helping Bart with a crisis in Keystone City. Apparently, this was originally going to be expanded upon, where we'd learn that the crisis concerned a rampaging gorilla and Oliver remarking about Bart always getting the most interesting rogues. It was cut, partly for time, but also to avoid Bart stealing Zatanna's thunder, in her debut episode.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎