Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erica Durance's Performance in Hex

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought she did an AMAZING job. As usual.

Comment

• I thought that Erica Durance did an exceptional job of portraying Chloe, especially considering that for a portion of the episode she was portraying Chloe-portraying-Lois. I was impressed with her performance as Faora, but it's one thing to bring a separate identity to the screen and knock that out of the park and a totally different thing to take on a character already heavily associated with another actor and succeed.

Comment

• I think erica actually made chloe likable as seeing she just a breathing living boring piece of air i wish she did not come on for the whole eppy smallville is so much more enjoyable with wout allison mack sorry chloe fans imho it barely watchable when she is one screen she gets on my nerves!

Comment

• Originally posted by doodie8808
          I think erica actually made chloe likable as seeing she just a breathing living boring piece of air i wish she did not come on for the whole eppy smallville is so much more enjoyable with wout allison mack sorry chloe fans imho it barely watchable when she is one screen she gets on my nerves!
          call it a hunch but it seems your not to fond of chloe sullivan

Comment

• I thought Erica was fantastic in Hex both as her usual Lois Lane and as Chloe.

Comment

• I thought she had Chloe's little character quirks down pat. When Chloe's in a situation she doesn't quite understand or when she's fretful, Allison puts a frown on Chloe's face, and Erica maintained that frown for pretty much the entire duration of time she played Chloe. It's most obvious when she goes back to playing Lois at the end because there is no frown - just the usual brash and confident air. Then there were the little things like the quick sideways glances, the lip bites, the words of encouragement to Clark, and the nervous in-her-shell posture as she walks into the bullpen.

Comment

• Have any of you seen the deleted scenes from this episode?

In the first one, Lois comes back from Mexico and talks to Chloe at the Talon. They have a heart to heart about what happened to Chloe, and Lois brushes it off as yet another of the strange things that happen in Smallville and Metropolis, as well as telling Chloe how much she admires her. I think this pep talk was left out in favour of the Watchtower scene at the end because Oliver essentially gives her a pep talk there after she'd spoken to him about the problems in her life during her birthday party.

The second scene has Chloe-in-Lois talking to Jimmy at the Ace Of Clubs. He of course thinks he's talking to Lois and admits he's sad that his relationship with Chloe has ended, and he's so depressed he wishes he was anybody else as it would be less painful, before he walks away. Erica shrinks herself in the same way Allison would have Chloe seemingly get smaller when she's sad. It's a well played scene but I guess it got cut because it negates the question of what Jimmy might say to the real Lois if he bumped into her. She'd be none the wiser as I doubt it's something Chloe would have filled her in on. In the episode, only Chloe, Clark and Zatanna know what really happened.

The last deleted scene follows on from Clark's 911 call. Chloe-in-Lois chases after the mugger and tackles him into a pile of rubbish, to the amazement of Clark. It looks great but doesn't seem very Chloe-like, and indeed I can't see where it would go after that. Maybe that's why it got cut too.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎