Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tompouce
    Thanks a lot. This episode was one of the most difficult for me to understand. I don't know why. It depends on episode...It was the same with Bulletproof and there was no Lois lol (Lois speaks to fast).
    Just a question, what does it mean exactly :
    CK: Isn't this the part where you tell me to saddle up?
    CS/LL: Start your engines--Smallville.
    I can't get it. Thanks
    And if someone can put the last lines between Lois and Clark about "dates", it would be great. Thanks again
    Chloe was trying to sound like Lois, and she remembered Lois always called him Smallville.

Comment

"leets ot dnuob" and "rood eht esolc" (loved Zatanna saying her spells backwards!)

~All of the dialogue when Clark was under the Spell.

Oliver:What is this, some kind of Magic spell to summon you........?
      Zatanna: It's my phone#.
      ( LOL, I love Oliver!)

Lois: In the squeeky chair.
      Clark:Is there something on your mind, Lois?
      (Loved TW's spot-on delivery)

Lois: Why don't we just table this whole, office thrown together in the trenches,
      ...... sparks... thing. OK? Back to basics.
      Clark: Yeah, That's a good rule.
      (They needed to step back abit, there is still another Season of their "sparks".

Chloe: Watchtower Is Officially Online! OUTSTANDING! Very Comic-booky dramatic!
      (I could watch a whole Series of the JLA and Watchtower/Chloe)

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Thanks a lot. This episode was one of the most difficult for me to understand. I don't know why. It depends on episode...It was the same with Bulletproof and there was no Lois lol (Lois speaks to fast).
      Just a question, what does it mean exactly :
      CK: Isn't this the part where you tell me to saddle up?
      CS/LL: Start your engines--Smallville.
      I can't get it. Thanks
      And if someone can put the last lines between Lois and Clark about "dates", it would be great. Thanks again
      "Saddle up" and "start your engines" are slang for "get ready to go" or "let's go" i think that's what you are asking.

I also had abit of trouble understanding some lines, like some of the word was cut-off?:/
      Last edited by SparkleforSmallville; 03-27-2009, 08:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

one of my fave lines

Lois: Gimme. Gimme.

Comment

Thanks Both. This is exactly what I needed
          SparkleforSmallville : english in your mother tongue ? (I ask it à la Clark : DO YOU speak english ?)

Comment

Thanks Both. This is exactly what I needed
            SparkleforSmallville : english in your mother tongue ? (I ask it à la Clark : DO YOU speak english ?)
            Yeah, born and raised in Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
              "leets ot dnuob" and "rood eht esolc" (loved Zatanna saying her spells backwards!)

~All of the dialogue when Clark was under the Spell.

Oliver:What is this, some kind of Magic spell to summon you........?
              Zatanna: It's my phone#. ( LOL, I love Oliver!)

Lois: In the squeeky chair.
              Clark:Is there something on your mind, Lois? (Loved TW's spot-on delivery)

Lois: Why don't we just table this whole, office thrown together in the trenches,
              ...... sparks... thing. OK? Back to basics.
              Clark: Yeah, That's a good rule. (They needed to step back abit, there is still another Season of their "sparks".

Chloe: Watchtower Online! OUTSTANDING! Very Comic-booky dramatic!
              (I could watch a whole Series of the JLA and Watchtower/Chloe)

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

"Saddle up" and "start your engines" are slang for "get ready to go" or "let's go" i think that's what you are asking.

I also had abit of trouble understanding some lines, like some of the word was cut-off?:/
              English is my mother tongue, yet I have trouble understanding Lois sometimes. She does talk very fast.

Comment

CK: Pff, Isn't there a limit to how tight a shirt can be to meet dress code?
                CS/LL: Really? Even you? Here's the thing...I never made it to Mexico.
                English is the 1st language in my country so usually i understand every word that is said. Even when lois does talk fast. (I'm a fast talker too) But i still had trouble understanding the above exchange....could someone explain what Chloe meant by "Really? Even you"
                I'm guessing that i missed something here.

My most favourite quote : "Watchtower is officially online"
                The whole scene was so great, it gave me goosebumps. An epic moment, truly!

Comment

Lois: Yeah, everything'a great, except for government oppression and slave labor, why?
                  *snrk*

Clark: To be honest, a life without responsibility kind of felt empty.

This is the Clark Kent I've been waiting for!

Comment

Originally posted by MizMercyLane
                    ....could someone explain what Chloe meant by "Really? Even you"
                    I'm guessing that i missed something here.
                    Chlois was referring to Clark noticing Chlois' boobs. Apparently, having a larger chest than normal, and wearing the smallest bit of sweater known to mankind was giving Chlois different kinds of "looks" than she was used to.

Comment

Clark: 911

Comment

Thanks all to tell me it is not easy to understand Lois. I noticed sometimes even in the trailer people seems to not understand well some words and sentences, it is a relief

Comment

Chloe (As Lois): "It's okay. I'm Chloe. (Clark gives her a puzzled look.) Stood her up at formal Chloe. Planted one on you because Zod was ending the world Chloe. Krypton, Jor-El, Fortress, Brainiac Chloe."

Clark: "Chloe."

Chloe (As Lois): "Bingo. And just like that wardrobe malfunction over there, some magician showed up at my birthday party in fishnets and hexed me. But you'd know about it if you hadn't skipped it to answer voicemails from Lois. Not that I'm dwelling."
                          ED was so cute as Chloe.

''Watchtower is officially online! ''
                          YAY! Offiacially.

Chloe to Clark: Whether you like it or not, Lois Lane is a part of your life now. And, considering the non-stop PuppyDog eyes you give her, I don't think you mind at all.
                          I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clark: And a constant reminder that there's only one Lois Lane.
                          Lois: You better believe it.
                          My ultime favorite!!!! This whole scene! Every line, expression everything......

ALSO the whole roof scene was absolutely hilarious!!! I'm like surpirsed I didn't die of laughter.

Comment

ComputerAquaman online. Canary online. Cyborg online. Impulse online.
                            OQ: Arrow online.
                            CS: Watchtower is officially online. Let's get to work.
                            The character in the mythos was dubbed "Impulse" by Batman. Did we ever uncover an alternate SV reason for why Bart is going by "Impulse" in this AU?

Comment

The entire roof scene is my favorite scene!!!! Ive watched it about a million times!!!

My favorite quote would be...Clark, "Did you just lock us up here?" It was like the end of the world for Clark because he was locked up there with "Lois" and he couldnt make his deadline!

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by RunWallyRun
                              Lois:
                              Clark: To be honest, a life without responsibility kind of felt empty.

This is the Clark Kent I've been waiting for!

I totally agree!!!!!
                              Last edited by ClLaLeChFAN01; 03-27-2009, 04:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by CryptOrchid
                                The character in the mythos was dubbed "Impulse" by Batman. Did we ever uncover an alternate SV reason for why Bart is going by "Impulse" in this AU?
                                I remember in S6 Justice, GA said Clark's codename was Boyscout and Bart's was Impulse, because Bart was so impulsive and got caught by Lex. Clark and Bart didn't get to pick their own codenames.

I think the RL reason is cause DC didn't allow SV to use the "Flash" name.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎