Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Hiro have his powers back permantly?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, I don't mind the depowering. Yeah, people will complain Peter and Hiro were never overpowered, but I think carrying their powers on at full this long would be pushing it. I for one like how they're treating Peter's power this time around...

As for Hiro, I'm pretty okay with no time travel. Stopping time, cool, teleportation, I think so. But I want to see Hiro slowing down time again...if stopping time is just slowing it down a lot, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by targis
      I'm not sure if Hiro has his powers back Permanently or just while he is around baby Matt Parkman.

When baby Matt left the room where he had charged his toys they turned off so the same thing might happen to Hiro.
      targis,

You might want to read the latest graphic novel.

Comment

Aren't you the company man? you should know the files... so .. spill them!

Comment

Sorry, but that goes against Company Policy, unless you have proper authorization to gain access to the files. Read the GN that is in public display on the NBC Heroes website.

Comment

Originally posted by CompanyMan
            targis,

You might want to read the latest graphic novel.
            Thanks

I will check it out later today sometime

Comment

[SPOILER] ok I read it but it may just be me but I didn't get it. It seemed like Hiro's power has now stoped working. Also how is matt jr. running around walmart and driving a forklift by himself. There is no way the baby from the show could do that. and does anybody know what the deal was about the Nissan Cube at the end was about. Were they saying that the baby made that happen or something?[/SPOILER]

I put in spoiler tags because it is about the graphic novel for last weeks episode and I'm not sure if it is considered a spoiler or not so just to be safe I added them.

Comment

I have also used spoiler tags to talk about the graphic novel.

[SPOILER]Actually, Hiro did stop time while he was not in contact with the baby. That is what I was trying to get at. The kid was in front of a sales associate, Hiro stopped time, and in the next panel the associate is wondering where the kid went. And then there is the panel towards the end when Ando is asking Hiro about the idea of not using their powers, and Hiro responds that no one notices when he stops time.[/SPOILER]

Comment

I looked at it again and saw what you were talking about. I wasn't paying enough time looking at the pictures the first time.

Comment

I taught that Hiro lost his powers, when Peter's dad took them from him.

Comment

He gained back the ability to stop time in the last episode when Matt's baby touched him just before he and Ando were about to be taken captive.

Comment

Yep, he has his powers back for good, well, a portion of it at least.

Comment

Remember the last volume with Matt and Daphne? If Ando superchared the baby, probably all that would happen is that every toy and machine within a 10 block area would start functioning. But that's about it.

Yeah, but now that Hiro can slow down time if Ando charged Hiro while he was doing it Hiro's power should work like it used to.

Comment

Well, if you think about it, Hiro touched Ando and tried to teleport away from danger. It didn't work. It appears that Ando's power is passive (for lack of a better term). When Matt and Daphne touched Ando their powers were amplified without Ando making a concious choice to call up his power.

Comment

Well, if you think about it, Hiro touched Ando and tried to teleport away from danger. It didn't work. It appears that Ando's power is passive (for lack of a better term). When Matt and Daphne touched Ando their powers were amplified without Ando making a concious choice to call up his power.

But Ando was frozen in time when Hiro touched him to teleport so that could be why it didn't charge him.

I don't see why it would charge Daphne and Matt but not Hiro.

Comment

Originally posted by targis
                                But Ando was frozen in time when Hiro touched him to teleport so that could be why it didn't charge him.

I don't see why it would charge Daphne and Matt but not Hiro.
                                That could be true.

It probably would charge Hiro, but I doubt it would give or restore any additional powers. It seems to me that Ando has a super-charger, not a "turn-on/turn off" type of power like the baby has. Now that I think of it, I wonder if the baby's power will evolve from "touch and go" to "clap-on, clap-off."

I would be all in favor of Hiro having all his powers back. He is one of my favorite characters, after all. I just don't see it happening in this volume, at least. It's a well-known fact that the writers scaled back his powers for whatever reason (yeah, I know what they are) and are unlikely to restore Hiro back to his former glory this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎