No announcement yet.

Jimmy in Smallville vs Jimmy in the comics

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy in Smallville vs Jimmy in the comics

Jimmy in Smallville has seen and been through way to much. He has almost been killed by Doomsday, and left his wife. He is supposed to be a little goof ball who adores Clark Kent. In my opinion I think they need to have Jimmy forget everything that has every happened to him, and since this is Smallville that can happen.

Any thoughts?

Meh i don't know.
    This is Smallvilles take on Jimmy Olsen. The closest we've gotten to the iconic Comic Jimmy was in Identity. We only tend to see the Jimmy we want when he's with Clark.
    Its taken us this long to finally get Clark progressing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kton4
      He is supposed to be a little goof ball who adores Clark Kent.
      And Clark is supposed to be a hero in training, who doesn't bend over backwards for or put Lana Lang above his destiny.

And Jonathan Kent is supposed to be alive, living on the farm with the non-senator Martha.

And Lois Lane shouldn't even know the name 'Smallville' until Clark shows up at the Daily Planet as an adult.

And Chloe Sullivan shouldn't even exist.

Should I go on?

This isn't the Superman story, even thought it started out that way, this Smallville: a brand new story in itself. Like it or not, they can do what they want with these characters.

Comment

Originally posted by quinny06
        And Jonathan Kent is supposed to be alive, living on the farm with the non-senator Martha.
        The non senator aspect I'll give you, but Jonathan Kent did die prior to the Post-Crisis comics.

And Lois Lane shouldn't even know the name 'Smallville' until Clark shows up at the Daily Planet as an adult.
        Again, a Pre-Crisis story has her meeting Clark and Superboy in her teen year.

Should I go on?
        If you can research your facts better. Some of the stories while not faithful to the current version of the character did apply to comic book continuity at some point such as:

- Superboy and Aquaboy teaming up.
        - Superboy helping a young Oliver Queen.
        - Bizarro appearing in the Pre-Superman days (Heck he first appeared in Superboy rather than Superman)

Comment

I would just like to point out that I was right.... Jimmy was not the same Jimmy from the comics. They killed him.

Glad to know I was right.

Comment

I don't know if you agree with me guys, but I don't like to watch this version of superman.

Comment

Especially after this episode, the Jimmy that was portrayed was one that I don't know if I like...

I guess it's because Smallville decided... somewhere along to way to distort the storyline and do the things they wanted. Not necessarily a bad thing it's just ... different. The end goal remains the same (CK = Superman)... But yeah all in all ... I don't like the way Jimmy is by the end of this episode... I can only hope he gets back to his cool goofy self sooner than later...

*ring that bell*

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎