X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another awesome chapter!!

Comment

any chance of a new chapter soon?

Comment

sometime lol. my writing partner has been really busy lately! but we'll get one up soon!

Comment

just wondering I have been seeing continuation stories dropping like flies on ff.net

Comment

lol nope were not dropping it! we will finish it! idk what do you think? after that interview came out ppl just changed their minds about writing or why do you think they are all stopping? just the kyle xy forum here itself has been really dead!

Comment

Originally posted by jpoeling
              any chance of a new chapter soon?
              It's coming soon, I promise!

Sorry everyone. I started a new job last week and I've been dead tired and had to deal with writer's block on top of it. But this story is not being dropped!

Comment

Chapter Five: Consequences

Chapter Five: Consequences

“Nobody ever did, or ever will, escape the consequences of his choices.”
                Alfred A. Montapert

After everyone had scattered, Nicole paced the kitchen and looked at her husband.

“Stephen, you need to tell me what happened here,” she said.

Stephen reached for a bottle of wine and uncorked it. He took out two glasses and poured the red liquid into each glass. He handed a glass over to Nicole and looked at her.

“From the looks of it, Cassidy tried to attack Kyle. Kyle defended himself and I came in just in time to help him.”

Nicole studied her husband suspiciously.

“I don’t like this,” she said.

“Neither do I,” Stephen agreed, his expression solemn. “But we knew when we adopted Kyle that things were going to be complicated.”

“No, not that. I mean, I don’t like that either,” Nicole said, frustration edging into her voice. “There’s something you’re not telling me, Stephen, and I don’t like it.”

Stephen exhaled and settled into one of the stools. He took a long sip of his wine and then looked up at his wife.

“I think this is one thing that Kyle needs to talk to you about when he’s ready.”

Nicole set her glass down and stared at him.

“Really? We’re going to go back to keeping secrets now? We’re supposed to be a team, Stephen. Do you remember when that meant something?”

He reached out and covered her hand and gave it a little squeeze.

“It still does. Please trust me when I say that this is something that Kyle will need to explain in his own time.”

Nicole stared at him for a long moment before she finally sighed.

“Okay. For now, I’ll let it go. We have other things to worry about anyways. We need to figure out what we’re going to do about Josh. Did you know that Andy spent the night the last night she was here?”

Stephen’s face froze, and he guffawed.

“Uh…”

~~~

Josh leaned back in his computer chair, his mind bouncing all over the place. He had been banished to his room after they went into the house and found glass all over the kitchen. He wasn’t allowed to come downstairs or ask questions about what happened until his parents were ready to answer them.

He hated being left in the dark, but worse than that he hated waiting. Andy was supposed to call again when they stopped for the night and it was ten already, and still no word from her.

Even though he’d just talked to her a few hours ago, it felt like weeks since he’d last talked to her. It felt even longer since he’d seen her.

His cell phone rang then. He dove to pick it up.

“Andy?” he said into the phone.

“You know, answering on the first ring sounds a little desperate. Haven’t you ever heard about the two ring buffer period?” Andy’s voice filled his ear. She laughed, and his expression relaxed into a smile.

“Yeah, well I think we’re past the ‘hard to get’ stage,” he told her.

“So you think you’ve got me right where you want me then?” she shot back.

His smile faded.

“No. If you were right where I wanted you, you would be here.”

They both fell silent for a moment. It was Andy who spoke up again.

“So, what was all that today? It sounded like there was a lot going on while we were on the phone. Is everything okay?”

Josh sighed. He hated keeping things from Andy, but there were certain secrets that weren’t his to tell. Worse, he hated keeping things from her when everything was weird and just getting weirder and he really needed someone to talk to about it.

“I guess so. It’s just… family stuff. Just when I think things can’t get any weirder, they do.”

“I know the feeling,” Andy said with a sigh.

In that moment, he felt a little better. Maybe she didn’t truly know the feeling-after all, her family couldn’t have anything as weird as Kyle and Latnok going on. But she still understood how he felt, in her own Andy way.

~~~

Cassidy followed his mother into a dark oak paneled office. He hung up his phone after yet another voicemail left for Nate. He’d said he found Jessi and Amanda snooping through his stuff, but he never did get around to mentioning what exactly they were looking for.

“Come on, Michael,” his mother beckoned and he followed her.

He would deal with Nate later.

Once inside the office, she closed the door behind them and turned to face him.

“I see that you failed to get XY on our side. Again.”

Cassidy tried not to wince at the accusations in her voice. Instead, he raised his eyes to meet his mother’s.

“I told Kyle about you. Now that he knows about the connection, it’s only a matter of time before he seeks you out. After all, that’s what happened with Baylin.”

She frowned, and leaned against her desk. She shook her head and tsked.

“I’m afraid you’ve misjudged the subject. But it doesn’t matter. He may have attacked our experiment, but one of the pods survived.”

“Only one?” Cassidy asked.

She met his eyes.

“If he lives up to his potential, that one will be more than enough. And make no mistake, I will make certain that he will live up to his potential.”

Comment

WOOOHOOO!!! I totally love it!!!

Comment

wow the latnok plot thickens. Also like how you addressed Nate and his documents but will happen when Cassidy learns he is in another country.

No there still seems to be quite a few writers (mostly Kessi fics bashing Amanda, that is why I like your two's because you at least treat her with a level of respect)

Comment

we love amanda!

Comment

great chapter kelly!

Comment

now that was a great chapter. i can't wait to see what happens next. i really miss kyle xy. dang abc family...sorry.

Comment

its ok, i really miss it too!

----- Added 34 Seconds later -----

glad to see our story is pulling ppl back in...i was worried everyone had given up on it lol :P
                            Last edited by jjsmallvillelvr; 04-07-2009, 03:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i didn't forget about it. i just forgot they put the kyle xy board in the morgue. saying that really hurt my heart.

Comment

lol i know right?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎