Tomorrow Never Knows (PG-13)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomorrow Never Knows (PG-13)

Tomorrow Never Knows

Authors: Dreamsofnever (Kelly) and jjsmallvillelvr (Jordyne)
    Disclaimer: We own none of the charatcers of Kyle XY or anything that has to do with it. Just our creative writing skills.
    Rating: PG-13
    Summary: This is a wrap up story to the aweful ending we got for the series finale. My co-writer and I will expand on the futures of the characters, picking up directly where the series ended.

Banner made by: Jordyne http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg354/JordyneNicole/tnkbanner.jpg
    Banner made by: Jordyne http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/g...tnklbanner.jpg
    Banner made by: Jordyne http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/g...htmkbanner.jpg

Chapter 1: What Lies Behind Us and What Lies Ahead

"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us." -Oliver Wendell Holmes

~~~

"Kyle!?" Stephen yelled as he entered the Trager home. "You didn't show up at the Rack and we were getting worr..." He hears a crash and runs to the sound.

His eyes widened in disbelief as he saw the young man who has become a son to him, standing there with his hand grasped tightly around Cassidy's throat. "Kyle! Stop! You are not a killer Kyle, you're better than this." Stephen pleaded.

Kyle's eyes fell to his feet but he still held on to Cassidy. A tear fell from the corner of Kyle’s eye as Stephen said, "Kyle, let him go."

Very slowly, Kyle lowered Cassidy until his feet touched the wooden planks of the deck.

Cassidy stood there in shock as Stephen walked over to Kyle and placed his arm around him. Kyle buried his face in his father's shoulder and cried.

A few moments passed and Cassidy stood, watching this scene. He couldn't believe it. All his mother had ever shown him was her disappointment and anger. She always made sure than he feared her. Cassidy wasn't even sure who his father was, so he did not understand this kind of bond that he was witnessing.

A tear fell from Cassidy's eye as well. He wiped it away and attempted to creep back into the house so he could exit through the front door. Stephen saw this maneuver through the corner of his eye and stuck his leg out and tripped Cassidy who fell, hitting his head on the floor. The blow knocked him unconscious.

~~~

Back at the Rack the rest of the Trager family began to worry. Nicole decided that they would return home to check on Kyle and Stephen.

They entered the house and as they got closer to the kitchen, they saw the rubble left from the fight. Nicole ordered the Josh and Lori to head back into the car and stopped to tell Lori to start the car and drive away if anything happened.

Nicole then proceeded to the back porch where she spotted Cassidy on the ground and Stephen and Kyle in an embrace.

A look came over Nicole’s face. It was a look of joy seeing this moment between her husband and adopted son, mixed with a look of fear. Her mind ran through several scenarios of what might have happened, each one more terrible than the last.

She knelt beside Cassidy, and placed two fingers on his neck. She felt his pulse and stood up again.

She turned to the guys and lightly touched each of them on the arm before heading in to call 911.

~~~

Mark lay on the bed in his dorm room, staring up at the ceiling. He wasn't sure what he had helped Kyle do, but he was sure that it was the right thing. Well, at least he was pretty sure.

Mark headed out to his car and started to drive. He ended up at the Trager house.

He saw Lori and Josh in the parked car in the driveway. He exited his car and started towards them. Mark tapped on the driver side window and Lori rolled it down. “Lori. We need to talk. In private. About Kyle.” Mark began.

Lori's lips thinned out and her brow furrowed. She took a few deep breaths and then stuttered, “Wh…what about Kyle?”

“Like I said Lori, in private.” Mark slipped her a note with a place and a time on it. He nodded his head and went back to his car.

~~~

Mark arrived back at his dorm and saw Amanda outside heading towards the pay phone. He stopped her and asked, “What are you doing here? Are you on another date with Nate?”

“Um, no.” was all she could come up with. She didn’t know if or what he knew about Kyle, but she couldn’t let him know anything so she had to be careful.

“Well then?” he looked at her with his right eyebrow arched slightly upwards.

“Nate’s a bad guy Mark. I was going to call Kyle for help, but maybe you could help us. Long story short, Nate attacked Jessi and I and we knocked him unconscious.”

“Wait. What? Nate is where and why?” Mark asked, confusion setting in.

“Follow me.” Amanda said as she grabbed Mark’s wrist and led him back into the dormitory.

When they reached the bedroom they saw that Jessi had duck taped Nate’s hands and feet to the bed posts. Mark looked on with great confusion.

“What is ‘he’ doing here?!” Jessi demanded.

“We need help Jessi and you know that.” Amanda told her.

“Well what do you want me to do?” Mark questioned.

“I’m not sure yet.” Amanda said with uncertainty in her voice.

So the three of them stood there looking down at Nate’s motionless body and tried to figure out what to do.

Just then, Hillary passed the door to the room and sees what is happening. “Amanda!” She shrieked, her voice higher than usual, “What is going on?”

“Um, Hillary, we may need your help as well. So stick around if you don’t mind,” Amanda said.

Hillary stumbled into the room and giggled.

"Amanda, I never would have thought I'd find you in this sort of position." The light scent of alcohol filled the room as she entered.

“Man this is the craziest day I’ve ever had. “ Mark mumbled under his breath.

~~~

Tom Foss sat back in his car and listened to his police scanner, as he had done ever since returning to Seattle.

A voice came across his radio and Foss recognized it as Nicole’s. She was reporting the injury of a man who had broken in to their house.

Within seconds, he was on his cell, “Declan. It’s Foss. Head to the Trager's now, and make sure that everyone is ok. I can’t get there as quickly as you. I’ll be there as soon as I can though.”

About five minutes later Declan's car squealed into the driveway of the Trager household. He leapt out of his car and rushed over to the family car. He banged on Lori’s window and she rolled it down.

Declan started anxiously, “Lori are you alright? Is Kyle alright? Is everyone alright?”

“Can you keep it down Declan, I’m on the phone with Andy,” Josh griped.

Lori smacked Josh on the arm. “Declan, I don’t know. Mom told us to come out here so we did.” Her voice shook, and her eyes were wide.

“Okay Trager, I’m going in!” Declan said. “And to think I missed these adventures.” He added under his breath.

Declan entered the house and was greeted with Nicole's worried voice. “You know you’re going to have to tell me what happened here tonight, Kyle.”

To be continued...
    Last edited by jjsmallvillelvr; 03-23-2009, 12:20 AM.

WOW, that is a very explosive beginning! Well done, huns!

Comment

interesting.

Comment

Awesome beginning, Jordyne

Comment

that was great beginining. I can't wait til see whats going happen to Kyle and what amanda and the others plan on doing with Nate.

Comment

love the first chapter but why is Hilary at the Latnock Frat?

Comment

lol you'll see

Comment

Any idea when your gonna post he next chapter for us all to read?

Comment

soon! my co-writters has to finish it. shes been busy tho... then i will have chapter 3 out soon after than cuz, well frankly i dont have much of a life :P

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmallvillelvr
                    soon! my co-writters has to finish it. shes been busy tho... then i will have chapter 3 out soon after than cuz, well frankly i dont have much of a life :P
                    Hey that just makes me happy to not be the only one without a life besides work and my scifi.

----- Added 57 Seconds later -----

I love the way the story is going And thanks for the quick reply about you posting more soon.
                    Last edited by krpto; 03-24-2009, 12:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

yup! it should be within the next couple of days i hope...or else i might have to say, guess what, you get chapter three. lol. glad you like it! it should be good! we have some awesome plans for it!

Comment

Makes me happy too

Comment

chapter 2 will be up later tonight!

Comment

Chapter Two: Secrets

Chapter Two: Secrets

“Secrets are things we give to others to keep for us.” ~Elbert Hubbard

~~~~~~

“Kyle, you need to tell me what happened,” Nicole repeated.

Declan stepped onto the patio and cleared his throat. Kyle looked up, and a small relieved smile crossed his face. Whatever it was Nicole wanted Kyle to tell her, it was clear Kyle wasn’t ready to talk about it yet.

Stephen stood watch over a prone body on the floor that Declan recognized as Cassidy.

“Foss heard you on his police scanner,” Declan said in Nicole’s direction. “He’s on his way, but he knew I could get here faster.” He shifted his eyes back to Cassidy. “What happened to him?”

Stephen grinned proudly.

“He tripped.”

“Nasty fall,” Declan said with a nod.

He looked between the three Tragers. Stephen exchanged a guilty look with Kyle, Nicole looked on with concern.

“I think I’d better go tell Lori and Josh that everything’s okay in here,” Declan said.

“Good idea,” Stephen responded.

Declan exited the house and barely got in view of the car before Lori’s car door opened. She ran towards him and launched herself at him in a hug.

A surprised look sprang to his face. His hands hovered behind her for a moment, before he finally rested them on her back and pulled her closer.

“Trager, it’s okay,” he murmured.

She yanked away from him, tears shining on her cheeks.

“It’s okay??” Her voice rose. “Is this what you call okay? Hiding out at the Rack while Kyle goes after some creepy organization, and then we come home and the kitchen is all smashed up and we don’t know where Jessi is or what’s going on with Kyle? How is any of this okay?”

She stopped ranting and caught a breath. Declan reached out and squeezed her shoulders.

“Cassidy was there. It looks like he and Kyle fought, but he’s unconscious. We’re just waiting for the police now. Trager, I know these last few years haven’t been a picnic, but…”

Declan heard the front door open. He looked up and Kyle stood on the porch, his face a mask of hurt. Declan turned back to Lori.

“There’s a light at the end of the tunnel. Your family is the strongest family I know. With everything Kyle’s done in the last twenty-four hours, there’s an end in sight. And your family is going to get through it.”

Lori’s eyes flickered to the porch, and then back to Declan. A guilty expression crossed her face. She nodded.

“Okay,” she whispered.

A police car pulled into the driveway and two officers spilled out. Declan watched Kyle rush to meet them. He pointed and then led them into the house.

Twenty minutes later, the police car drove away, Cassidy in the backseat. Nicole and Stephen had begun cleaning up the kitchen. Josh entered the kitchen and took stock of the shattered glass. He clapped Kyle on the shoulder.

“Kyle finally had a party,” he said with a smile. “Next time invite us, buddy.”

Kyle’s troubled expression broke into a small smile. Josh turned to help his parents, and Declan jerked his head towards the outside. He and Kyle stepped out into the backyard and out of earshot.

Declan crossed his arms and looked at Kyle.

“Okay, spill. What happened?”

Kyle’s eyes traveled to the floor. He seemed to be working through something in his mind. Declan waited. Kyle looked up again.

“Okay, but you can’t tell anyone. Not even Lori.”

Declan sighed.

“More secrets? Are you sure that’s a good idea, Kyle?”

Kyle looked at Declan.

“I heard Lori before. And Nicole said something earlier too-that I can’t keep doing this to the family. They’re right. The less they’re involved, the better. I understand if you don’t want the burden of this.”

“Are you kidding me?” Declan interrupted. “Kyle, I’m in this whether you like it or not. If you want something kept a secret, I’m happy to keep it. I just think you should consider the fact that the Tragers are there for you no matter what.”

“I know,” Kyle said. “But they need for this to be over. We need to find a way to deal with this that doesn’t involve them.”

Declan stared for a moment, and then nodded.

“Okay. Tell me what happened with Cassidy and we’ll find a way to deal with it.”

“He’s my brother.”

Declan blinked.

“Your what?”

“Half-brother, to be exact. We share the same mother.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Kyle. You and Cassidy share genes?” Declan frowned. “What are we going to do about her?”

Kyle shook his head, his brow furrowed.

“I don’t know yet. I have to find out what she wants from me first.”

~~~

Cassidy sat in the cell at the police station, a hand to his head, which was now throbbing. An officer entered the room and unlocked the doors to his cell.

“I apologize for the confusion, Mr. Cassidy. You’re free to go.”

Cassidy smirked, and followed the officer back to the waiting area.

A tall woman with graying hair and sharp blue eyes stood as he entered the waiting room.

“Mother,” Cassidy said.

His mom gave him a curt nod. They exited the police station in silence, and climbed into her car. Once in the driver’s seat, the woman didn’t look at her son.

“I’m very disappointed in you, Michael. You were supposed to neutralize XY and bring him in. I hope I don’t have to remind you how vital he is to our experiment. Especially now.”

Cassidy frowned.

“What do you mean, ‘especially now?’”

“It appears that XY broke into our facilities. The pods have been compromised.”

“Compromised?” Cassidy repeated.

His mother nodded.

“But there is still a hope left for our experiment.”

She put the car in drive and peeled out of the parking lot.

Comment

OMG! This is TOTALLY AWESOME I LOVE IT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎