Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else liked Dean, the demon torturer?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else liked Dean, the demon torturer?

I like Dean as the demon torturer. I would like to see him do more of that against demons and rebel angels. That could be his thing, while Sam's thing is his powers. He seemed to be a master of his art. I really wanted the student to take out the teacher in this case.

Dean is certainly creative. Shoving salt down Alastair's throat was very interesting. Not to mention dipping Ruby's knife in holy water.

Comment

Yea he was brutal, but I am starting to think Dean cries too much. I get that he was in hell and he tortured people, but its beginning to feel like every episode ends with Dean talking about Hell and starting to cry. I can only see that so many times before I lose respect for the man.

Comment

While he was good at the torturing, I don't want to see it become a regular things. It's not good for him to be doing. Sam is good at his psychic stuff, but he shouldn't be doing it. It's the same kind of thing.

And I think Dean is allowed to cry a lot. He's never cried much before, and he went through something unimaginable. Let the poor guy cry for a while. It's only been like 6 months that he's even been back.

Comment

i know its tv but i was hoping to see some of the slice and diceing and not just screams and reactions. but it was really good and dean you can tell wasnt enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by devilicus rebel
            Yea he was brutal, but I am starting to think Dean cries too much. I get that he was in hell and he tortured people, but its beginning to feel like every episode ends with Dean talking about Hell and starting to cry. I can only see that so many times before I lose respect for the man.
            It's bothering me too. He should be furious how he was the one to have broken the first seal.

Comment

I can fully see why Dean cries. The man was tortured for what seems 40 years!!! And we aren't just talking about little crap, He was ripped apart everyday! I think that would seriously do some mental damage and the fact that he really has no one to talk to about it is even worse. Sure he can talk to Sam but no one will truly understand his pain. 40 years of pain doesn't go away in 6 months, it will probably take a couple years for him to heal. Now with him breaking the first seal...Hes devastated because he has let down his father whom he respected 100% and the world may end because of him. Im sure he will get to the anger phase but I think right now he still needs to heal from hell and he is probably in shock.

Comment

This is a plot complication. We've just been told that Dean alone can save us all. It makes for better drama to know that he's a broken shell of pre-hell Dean and doesn't think he's strong enough. The crying in such a stereotypical tough guy is just a sign of how far he's fallen. It's a great counterpoint to the strength that Sam keeps gaining, in such a short time, especially since we know that it's the wrong kind of strong. We have angels and demons each betting on a different winchester boy to pull through. Foreshadowing for a final Dean vs Sam battle at the end of the series? Wouldn't surprise me. It would be very satisfying to see with the direction things are going.

Comment

The best thing about the Demon torturing scene was that you could see so visibly how much he didn't want to, and yet how much he did. There is something inside him that wants to rip alastair apart limb from limb, and yet he knows that the only thing keeping him going is his morals.

Dean has such an amazing set of morals, lines he will cross and lines he won't, things he feels guilty about to the fullest degree, and things he forces himself to except.

His character is so much more interesting than Sam's IMO.

The biggest problem i have, is that if he fully remembers 40 years of hell, then he should be much worse than he is. 30 years of nothing but torture, and you would be sane... follow that with 10 years as a torturer, and it becomes ridiculous. I know he said that time is different down there, but i think he should have come back more animalistic and broken than he did, if they were going to expect us to believe he remembers it all.

I prefered the amnesia thing with occasional flash backs. It made more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
                    I can fully see why Dean cries. The man was tortured for what seems 40 years!!! And we aren't just talking about little crap, He was ripped apart everyday! I think that would seriously do some mental damage and the fact that he really has no one to talk to about it is even worse. Sure he can talk to Sam but no one will truly understand his pain. 40 years of pain doesn't go away in 6 months, it will probably take a couple years for him to heal. Now with him breaking the first seal...Hes devastated because he has let down his father whom he respected 100% and the world may end because of him. Im sure he will get to the anger phase but I think right now he still needs to heal from hell and he is probably in shock.
                    I guess you're right. I've seen horror movies where victims get tortured in all kinds of messed up ways, and they lose their sanity within a day or 2, let alone 30 years of the worst torture & another 10 years dishing it out.

----- Added 52 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
                    The best thing about the Demon torturing scene was that you could see so visibly how much he didn't want to, and yet how much he did. There is something inside him that wants to rip alastair apart limb from limb, and yet he knows that the only thing keeping him going is his morals.

Dean has such an amazing set of morals, lines he will cross and lines he won't, things he feels guilty about to the fullest degree, and things he forces himself to except.

His character is so much more interesting than Sam's IMO.

The biggest problem i have, is that if he fully remembers 40 years of hell, then he should be much worse than he is. 30 years of nothing but torture, and you would be sane... follow that with 10 years as a torturer, and it becomes ridiculous. I know he said that time is different down there, but i think he should have come back more animalistic and broken than he did, if they were going to expect us to believe he remembers it all.

I prefered the amnesia thing with occasional flash backs. It made more sense.
                    I really like the way you put it Hopefulsuicide.
                    Last edited by xrayvision; 03-23-2009, 01:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Man, Dena's eyes were so cold (Jensen really knocked those scenes out of the park) during the torture stuff.

Great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                        i know its tv but i was hoping to see some of the slice and diceing and not just screams and reactions. but it was really good and dean you can tell wasnt enjoying it.
                        There is such a thing called censorship, LoL.

Come to think of it, supernatural never really has done hardcore gore.

Comment

Not hard core, but I get grossed out They are almost there.

Comment

Originally posted by TheANIMAL (marcus)
                            Come to think of it, supernatural never really has done hardcore gore.
                            I remember Kripke talking about the episode Home where the fixit guy gets his hand stuck in the drain or whatever and he said something like "and we had this lovely shot of blood spurting and everything and the execs said 'sure, go ahead'. We figured they would say no way for sure!"

And I can't help but think of that scene (Can't remember the ep) where the guy gets cut by the buzzsaw. Or in Bad Day at Black Rock when the former rabbit's foot owner gets skewered. Believe me, there have been plenty of moments where I've been watching through my fingers (or hiding behind them).

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎